Joe Willock

FFS, I’m sat here absolutely dreaming that we will sign him, takeover or not. He’s such a good player with a fantastic attitude. I mean he’s absolutely capable of scoring 15 goals from midfield had he been with us all season. 

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

FFS, I’m sat here absolutely dreaming that we will sign him, takeover or not. He’s such a good player with a fantastic attitude. I mean he’s absolutely capable of scoring 15 goals from midfield had he been with us all season. 

The fact he is only 21 shows there is plenty of improvement also. The big questions now are, does Arteta actually want him in the first team next year or in fact if he actually even wants to keep him. He may want to loan him out again for another year to continue his overall game time and improvement. This may then well be our only chance of getting him back as the loan spell has went so well. If Arteta is wanting to cash in on his current standing, then he will be at another club as no chance Ashley will pay the money if he is still the owner this summer (likely).

Edited by et tu brute

He seems to enjoy it up here and he's played without the adoration of any fans until last night.  If he was here long enough to hear the backing of a larger crowd i believe he'd be tempted to stay, much like Rafa was after that Spurs game

His footballing IQ is very high, but he still needs to learn to impose himself onto a game. Can he put his foot on the ball and dictate the tempo, can he snap into tackles in the centre of the pitch?

He's 21 and already has the knack of arriving into the box at the right time.

He needs cotton wool wrapped around him and someone intelligent to give him the right advice.

Coming to us would be great for game time but if he can find a better coach he would be daft coming to us.

It goes without saying that we want him to stay, it's going to cost us at least 20m to make it happen though.

Guest HTT II

We have to sign this kid, he could be huge for us and someone we can build a midfield around. 

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

£20m seems quite cheap. 

Sadly he should go somewhere else if he wants to develop and be successful.

£20m - 20% sell on clause is about right IMO - it’s a fair deal for both sides 

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

£20m seems quite cheap. 

Sadly he should go somewhere else if he wants to develop and be successful.

So you don't think he's developed or been successful since he came here? He's developed more here in 6 months than so called big club "super league" Arsenal. And his success might not be winning anything with us, but he's just joined some big names among our records in the goals per game stats.

I know why you would say this, but its not always better to be a so called success at so called big clubs, ask Loic Remy/Demba Ba/Yohan Cabaye, they were all better players with us than with or where the so called success is.👍🏻

Edited by mighty__mag