Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

Guest HTT II
15 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s the perfect example of why loans just shouldn’t happen without an option or obligation to buy.

Agree, but so many loan deals fail, there should always be that option though, preferably favouring the club loaning the player so if they do fail they can walk away, and if they don’t, the option to buy is more concrete. In an ideal world, I’d see an end to the loan system. 

Guest neesy111

Who agrees the buy price though?  Could just be like Spain where it's a astronomical figure.

Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Who agrees the buy price though?  Could just be like Spain where it's a astronomical figure.

Maybe a set price agreed before hand, with potential to negotiate should the loan be successful? This is one of the many reasons why I think loans should be abolished, it stifles actual player development on both sides and helps clubs with resources hoard players and those without resources, get out of their own obligation of developing/improving and given their own players a chance. And of course cheap skate owners like Ashley from spending and shit managers like Bruce getting bailed out because they haven’t been able to develop his own players or sign decent players on the actual ‘free’ market.

Edited by HTT II

On 25/05/2021 at 13:08, gdm said:

This is bang on. Absolute madness for him to stay there he'll be wasted if they continue to play the same way they have. A lot of Arsenal fans replying, some saying you should sacrifice the system that produces few goals rather than an attacking midfielder that seems capable of getting those goals. Which is absolutely bang on especially if they dont have a budget to bring in the players they need to execute what Arteta is trying to do. The Arsenal fans saying that he could fit in obviously havent watched him play for us. 

On 07/05/2021 at 22:33, Shearergol said:

Spend our entire budget on him for me. So so good. England player within 2 years.

If he had finished the season like that for arsenal rather than us there would've been pressure on Southgate to pick him this summer. 

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

If hes gonna sign itll be in the last week of the window. You know how it works....

It’s an interesting one with Willock as we don’t really know what Arteta thinks of him and if he sees him as an important member of the first team squad. I agree with your thinking as I would imagine he would want a good look at him during good season to see if his undoubted current confidence, his overall level of performance and the fact that he’s played a number of consecutive first team games has brought him on to an improved level to demand a place in the Arsenal squad. So I could see Arteta definitely waiting to the final week to make any decision about any possible loan move after a good period of watching him closely during the preseason training and games.

The other possibility could be that with his current increased stock, Arteta may think (if he doesn’t see Willock as a first team regular), is it’s the perfect opportunity to cash in and use that money for preferred targets. Ashley has been know to like a gamble on players with potential increased sale profit, so normally I would have not been surprised if he had made the money available for this signing. However, with this takeover still rumbling on, I just can’t see him putting any money towards any signings of any significant cost with the prospect of him not owning the club in the very near future. That’s the way he works.

I think the only likelihood of seeing him back next year is a late loan deal, but I can’t say I’ve any confidence he will be here next season.

Guest HTT II

He’d be an idiot to move here permanently to be honest, the kid has talent and can do much better than NUFC under Ashley and Bruce surely. 

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’d be an idiot to move here permanently to be honest, the kid has talent and can do much better than NUFC under Ashley and Bruce surely. 

:lol: I'd rather he turned us down than we didn't try, though! Of course he'd be mad to come back, we're a joke.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: I'd rather he turned us down than we didn't try, though! Of course he'd be mad to come back, we're a joke.

We will probably try and get him back on loan and hopefully he does come back, but if he had any sense…