Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Anyone but Villa, for fucks sake.

It would be a good move for him, decent club, decent manager, decent team, a team going places. Several English players already in the squad at international level. That or, err, Bruce…

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

Willock could be a good addition to the England squad - A direct player with a goal threat from central midfield.

I hope he continues to develop and improve.

But, but, defensive midfielders...

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

The website is just carrying over from last season. For example Jesse Lingard is showing as being on loan at West Ham for this season too.

Aha - the cynical in me thought our lot just hadn't bothered announcing it ha ha!

So is it fair to say that all isn’t well in that camp?

Honestly thought Willock would have had enough currency to return there and be a first team player after what he did. It wasn’t just the goals, he transformed the team.

Another thing to consider is that if we are to become one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, Arsenal might just be smart enough to be one of the “big six” that didn’t try to fuck us over?

• 2 weeks later...

The big problem with Willock coming back here is that a lot of people, especially Bruce, will expect him to be scoring goals for fun and I don't see that happening. The pressure on the lad will be immense and when the goals don't go in Bruce will make him the scapegoat and he'll be benched

43 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

The big problem with Willock coming back here is that a lot of people, especially Bruce, will expect him to be scoring goals for fun and I don't see that happening. The pressure on the lad will be immense and when the goals don't go in Bruce will make him the scapegoat and he'll be benched

Best not bother then.

I wouldn't expect him ever to have a period like he did last season. Like I've said elsewhere, might be that he just knew his job was to keep us up, and didn't need much tactical or other direction beyond that.

Still a good player though and would be very valuable.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I wouldn't expect him ever to have a period like he did last season. Like I've said elsewhere, might be that he just knew his job was to keep us up, and didn't need much tactical or other direction beyond that.

Still a good player though and would be very valuable.

Whats changed? [emoji38]