Joe Willock

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

That clips vid shows him to be a lot more than I assumed. l knew he had scored goals but didn't see much of him, but he looks a lot more than a goalscorer.

This is the reason I'm so confused as to why nobody else seems to be in for him.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

This is the reason I'm so confused as to why nobody else seems to be in for him.

If he's not staying at Arsenal, I would assume his preferred move would be here, so other clubs might be waiting to see if that changes. 

As a result we are probably trying to play hardball with Arsenal over terms and they will be trying to create an auction of sorts.

His record at Arsenal wasn't great and he certainly wasn't rated by the fans. He did fantastic here but by his own admission Bruce told him to just go out, run around a lot and get in the box. Once Bruce inflicts his tactics and knowledge on him I just worry for him. He deserves so much more

Guest reefatoon

Just go elsewhere Willock. This season is going to be an utter shambolic shit show and you are best off out of it.

Would happily see any potential England player take himself off abroad but the French league is maybe a bit of a gamble? What's the quality like on the whole, is it basically PSG, Monaco, Lille, Lyon, Marseille and 'everyone else'. 

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would happily see any potential England player take himself off abroad but the French league is maybe a bit of a gamble? What's the quality like on the whole, is it basically PSG, Monaco, Lille, Lyon, Marseille and 'everyone else'. 

Would say they only have a top 5 then everyone else? Don’t we say that about the Prem too? :lol: 

41 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Would say they only have a top 5 then everyone else? Don’t we say that about the Prem too? :lol: 

I dunno, obviously you'll always have two of three really quality teams who will deliver a performance commensurate to their outrageous resources; but I've always felt like the gap between the top clubs and the chasing pack is overstated, including since before the laughable 'big six' moniker arrived. If two or three of those prescribed elite teams have inconsistent periods, the door is very much open for someone else to nip in, a la Leicester and West Ham. Villa got 55 points last season and didn't even finish in the top half! That's extremely competitive.

The bottom half is generally pretty garbage like, or it certainly was last season anyway. We finished 12th ffs, Jesus wept. 

This is a different subject though really. I suppose another way of asking is, how would a mini-league featuring Leeds, Everton, Villa, Nice, Metz and St Etienne turn out? Are Newcastle better than the likes of Angers and Reims? I suppose Monaco would be a good challenge for him assuming he'd be a starter and there's be an expectation that they'd challenge for the title. Champions League football too. Plus Saint-Tropez. Would be a fun year you'd think, more fun than playing for Honest Steve. 

The PL has gotten better I think. Last season was the first time the league was won with fewer than 90 points since 2015-16. Plus Villa finishing bottom half with 55 points as you say.

I think Willock's preferred destination is here tbh. Whether we'll take the piss in regards to getting him is another thing.

More than fair chance they're in the Champions League next/this season and given the chaos financially around Ligue Un they'll more than likely be up there again given how much everyone bar PSG will be affected despite OM's recruitment to date. 

10 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He shouldn’t come here but I’m not sure Monaco is a great option either. Obviously an amazing place to live as a young rich person mind. 

If he's not coming here, why would we care where he ends up? Think I'd prefer to see him abroad than banging in goals in the PL tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...