Joe Willock

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Still not on par with last seasons squad.

Need another centre mid, centre back and striker.... and that's without showing ambition.

Isn't it still just exactly the same as last season's squad?

Just now, joeyt said:

Lejeune wasn't in last season's squad

Pedant. Fair enough, we are still worse off.

Willock is a good player but I won't be celebrating us standing still as a squad.

Great stuff but its the minimum we needed and it only puts us level with last season.

Meanwhile, our PL rivals have strengthened for THIS season....

Edited by Lazarus

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Get in, but....Joe what are you thinking, man.

I mean, obviously we're a shithole club, but he knows what he's getting. Theory will be 1-2 years of first team football, then sold to Everton/Tottenham/Chelsea for 50m quid, with zero chance the club stands in you way when you ask to leave.

1 minute ago, SEMTEX said:

I mean, obviously we're a shithole club, but he knows what he's getting. Theory will be 1-2 years of first team football, then sold to Everton/Tottenham/Chelsea for 50m quid, with zero chance the club stands in you way when you ask to leave.

This. Sit on the bench at Arsenal or come here and get himself in the shop window, presumably with a pay rise included.

Don't expect the scoring rate of last season.

His energy will be key on the counter though. If he takes 10% of a defenders eyes away from ASM, Almiron and Wilson, he will be doing a good job.

He still needs to learn out to put his foot on the ball and slow the pace of a game down when needs be.