Joe Willock

Nobody's in for ASM because of his injury record, can't justify the fee.

I've seen plenty of Arsenal fans disappointed they're not keeping Willock, they say they lack a box to box midfielder and he fills that void. Best thing we can do is not put pressure on him to continue what was a freakish goal record for a player in that role, and give him time, this time next year he could be ready to be a brilliant player for us

10 hours ago, EnglishMalteser said:

Nobody's in for ASM because of his injury record, can't justify the fee.

I've seen plenty of Arsenal fans disappointed they're not keeping Willock, they say they lack a box to box midfielder and he fills that void. Best thing we can do is not put pressure on him to continue what was a freakish goal record for a player in that role, and give him time, this time next year he could be ready to be a brilliant player for us

Except we need him to continue that freakish goal record to keep us up again. 

Guest reefatoon
47 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I feel like now is a good time to remind ourselves that Brewcie didn't even start him in all games where he was available, which makes his obsession with him even weirder. 

Good old Brucie is just very slow on the uptake. Took him fucking ages to realise he could save his season. Thick as fuck.

I mean, I don't believe it, but there's possibly an argument that says Bruce handled him quite well considering it was his first spell of first team football and he was getting success coming on as a sub.  I know he's shite but maybe sometimes does things right.  Suppose Jones might have told him what to do :lol:

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I mean, I don't believe it, but there's possibly an argument that says Bruce handled him quite well considering it was his first spell of first team football and he was getting success coming on as a sub.  I know he's shite but maybe sometimes does things right.  Suppose Jones might have told him what to do :lol:

Naa, he just preferred to play Shelvey because he says nice things about him. Brucie lives the simple life.

Unless hes getting a hefty pay rise I don't understand the logic of him signing for us, another loan would probably have been best for all parties and reassess at the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

Unless hes getting a hefty pay rise I don't understand the logic of him signing for us, another loan would probably have been best for all parties and reassess at the end of the season.

Not if Arsenal need the money for Ben White/Ramsdale now

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

Think I read it was us that didn't want the loan, Arsenal were happy enough with the obligation/option to buy at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

if £25m is all we've got we'd arguably be better going for that lad at Marseilles at half the price and trying to wangle another forward from somewhere with what's left unless they're going to give him a couple of loans on top as well

Kamara? There’s no way he goes for under 30 million and it’s even less likely that he’d settle for Newcastle as his next club. By all accounts he’s very very highly thought of.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Kamara? There’s no way he goes for under 30 million and it’s even less likely that he’d settle for Newcastle as his next club. By all accounts he’s very very highly thought of.

Last year of contract was the chelp, lower fee

14 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

if £25m is all we've got we'd arguably be better going for that lad at Marseilles at half the price and trying to wangle another forward from somewhere with what's left unless they're going to give him a couple of loans on top as well

Both completely different players and I've just read that we have had a £14m bid for Kamara knocked back. I'm guessing we want both.

Just now, MidfieldGeneral said:

Both completely different players and I've just read that we have had a £14m bid for Kamara knocked back. I'm guessing we want both.

Yeah totally, Kamara a DM who can play CB right?  Imo if we're actually still in for him Hayden will be gone to fund it.

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Yeah totally, Kamara a DM who can play CB right?  Imo if we're actually still in for him Hayden will be gone to fund it.

Yeah. Not seen much of him so can't really comment. The links to Kamara surfaced when Hayden was supposed to be going to Southampton. Could definitely see him being a replacement.

1 minute ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

Yeah. Not seen much of him so can't really comment. The links to Kamara surfaced when Hayden was supposed to be going to Southampton. Could definitely see him being a replacement.

At least we'd still have Shelves