Joe Willock

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Around £21m iirc.

Happy with this. Ridiculous how it wasn't done in time. :lol:

Probably deliberate man. Bruce will have planned for the game, why risk paying an extra £10-20k for a cameo sub appearance when he can bring on Jeff Hendrick on Sunday?

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Probably deliberate man. Bruce will have planned for the game, why risk paying an extra £10-20k for a cameo sub appearance when he can bring on Jeff Hendrick on Sunday?

:lol:

The cynic in me makes me think they tried to do it as close to Sunday as possible to maximise ticket uptake tbh.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Oh and when NUFC say 25 million, it really means 15 million plus add ons etc. Don't be conned by these cunts.

I assume JoeShinton was 1 million plus add ons.

23 minutes ago, gdm said:

From what I’ve seen on twitter. Don’t know if it’s true or not. Some idiots will still buy it 

Really hope it's not true. Would be so disappointing.

Edited by KaKa

Let’s be honest, it’d have been no surprise if we didn’t sign him, so got to say well done. Just hope Willock is happy to join and ASM is a little happier.

Real shame he’s not available for Sunday, he’d not have started but would have been great on the bench.

Right, centre forward please. 

Guest reefatoon

Let’s hope Hendrick doesn’t have a blinder to keep Willock out of the team for a while. 

Hendrick having a blinder :yao:

Edited by reefatoon

Saint-Maximin, especially, was desperate to be reunited with Willock. The pair have struck up a friendship and met on holiday in Mykonos, Greece. In May, Saint-Maximin described his partnership with Willock as being “like Harry Kane and Son Heung-min at Tottenham“. The Frenchman added: “We have to buy more players like Joe Willock, he can be really great for the team and me.”

Such a strange decision not to have him signed in time for the first game, I can understand not throwing him into the starting 11 if they’d been preparing to play a certain system all week but surely to have someone like that come off the bench would have been handy.

On 09/08/2021 at 05:13, Away Toon said:

Bought for the same reason Lewis, ASM, Almiron and Joe Linton were, make a profit a season or two down the line. We would make a profit on ASM, but a loss on the others. My bet is if we want to sell Willock in a couple of years we lose out on him as well.

A shit policy for a shit club.

I don't think we could make a profit on any of them you mention, except ASM.

The rest have done nothing to suggest anyone would pay more than we were stupid enough to pay for them.

Edit: Stupid phone only showed me the first few lines of your post. I see you have the same thought, 

Its pathetic how we operate,  I'd honestly take Graham Carr back tomorrow. 

Edited by mighty__mag

34 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Such a strange decision not to have him signed in time for the first game, I can understand not throwing him into the starting 11 if they’d been preparing to play a certain system all week but surely to have someone like that come off the bench would have been handy.

Would have woken the library up also.

37 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I don't think we could make a profit on any of them you mention, except ASM.

The rest have done nothing to suggest anyone would pay more than we were stupid enough to pay for them.

Edit: Stupid phone only showed me the first few lines of your post. I see you have the same thought, 

Its pathetic how we operate,  I'd honestly take Graham Carr back tomorrow. 

If anyone was to buy ASM, it wouldn't be more than 30 million. He can't stay fit for a season.

Guest HTT II

Great signing at a good price, I think he has huge potential and seems a very likeable kid, but it’s all a bit pointless while we have Ashley owning us and Bruce managing us, I guess that’s safety secured for another year, yay….