Joe Willock

Just now, Ed210 said:

He was a flash in the pan and really isn’t very good?

Yes imo he had half decent run against teams that were on their holidays back end of last season, hes a nothing player in my eyes & in the context of the PL hes bang average, that aside im more concerned about how this affects Bruce tenure in the short / medium term which is the reason im enquiring about his injury status ? any idea ? 

On 19/08/2021 at 18:31, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Aye areet, plenty of his replies are enough to convince me he's here simply as a biproduct of having a half decent run in an ailing side & not being anywhere near good enough for as an average side as Arsenal, If he had of had anything about him he could of simply said no I'm not agreeing to that shoite, instead he pisses up the fans back whilst fingering their missus whilst their attention is took, he's bang average in the context of the PL, in spite of his half decent run tail end of last season, he will be found out & go into hiding when the fans turn on the tactically aware modern manager & the team, but what do I know ey ? 

Peace out 

On 22/08/2021 at 09:06, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

The kids bang average in the context of the PL

On 30/08/2021 at 08:45, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Bang average 

On 11/09/2021 at 15:53, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Bang average 

On 11/09/2021 at 16:08, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Not personal no, merely an opinion iv'e had for some time, I stand to be corrected however my opinion is in the context of the PL he's absolutely bang average

1 hour ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Yes imo he had half decent run against teams that were on their holidays back end of last season, hes a nothing player in my eyes & in the context of the PL hes bang average, that aside im more concerned about how this affects Bruce tenure in the short / medium term which is the reason im enquiring about his injury status ? any idea ? 

Edited by joeyt

Impossible to say how good he is or could be at the moment. He is being managed by Steve Bruce. If you look back at his (Bruce's) career there are no players who he coached who ended up better for his input. The same can be said for the clubs he has managed. He takes players and clubs and gets the best out of what they already have and then sinks them; he does not improve anyone. 

The lad is at an age where he needs a quality manager to develop him. He is not going to find that with Bruce. Give him a year with Rafa or a manager of similar quality and then see how he develops as a player.

Edited by Bintang

27 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Isn't he also playing way deeper this season? He's playing in a midfield 2 where he looked far better in a midfield 3.

he's barely been in the opposition box all season. miss against manu but cant remember any other goalscoring chnces this season for him.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Willock has been set up to fail by this club. Horrible mismanagement. Making him the only signing, pinning basically all our hopes on him recapturing the crazy form he had 

All the signs were there for him and his agent to see.

From a career/football perspective, I am baffled as to why he would choose to come here on a permanent basis.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HTT II

So he basically keeps us up last season so we think, hmmm, let’s buy him and even then it was 50/50 that we would, but if we do, he’ll do it again. This is how our club thinks and especially Bruce, this kind of brain dead thinking runs through every fibre of the club. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Have to think he’s getting bad advice coming here. Unless he had no other permanent offers I suppose. 

Don't be so stupid ffs, sometimes the most obvious reason he's here, is the reason.

He played regular football for the first time in his career, in the Premier League, scored goals and made friends here, especially ASM. Had a manager who played him, liked and gave him freedom on the pitch.

Yeah he's mental to come here, but the 6 months he had obviously influenced his decision.

Edited by Bimpy474

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

How fucking vindicated and happy does Joe feel right now? 

If we sign a higher calibre of player then he’s back to where he was at Arsenal.

needs to be pushed further up the pitch. best finisher at the club after Wilson.

would make a better false 9 than ASM in the absence of Wilson.

Edited by huss9