Joe Willock

30 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Did we now? The other one is currently still contracted by Cardiff, on loan at Preston North End :lol: 

I would wager he would be no worse than the one we got - maybe they are just both crap though

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

Somehow managed to be worse than Longstaff yesterday, which was some achievement. He cannot or will not tackle.

Aye, he’s another player who wants to be an attacker as he has zero traits suited to the defensive side of the game. 

on another note, our very small experiment at buying young British players has been an unmitigated disaster. Murphy, Lewis and Wilock all don’t look cut out for the premier league at this moment in time. 

6 hours ago, Slim said:

Everyone was desperate for us to sign him and buzzing when we did.  

Now everyone is acting like he should have never been bought and was ridiculous to have ever done so.

Yeah he's been shit but don't act like you all didn't want us to do everything we could to sign him.

It was plain to see in the close season that his loan spell was a purple patch that could never be sustained long term, yet Bruce insisted on blowing the entire transfer budget on him and it seemed to me an act of desperation by Bruce putting all his eggs in one basket!

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Aye, he’s another player who wants to be an attacker as he has zero traits suited to the defensive side of the game. 

on another note, our very small experiment at buying young British players has been an unmitigated disaster. Murphy, Lewis and Wilock all don’t look cut out for the premier league at this moment in time. 

Other than Woodgate to Madrid, our record of buying and selling British players hasn’t been great for a long time. Missed the boat to sell Dyer for big money, Man Utd and Longstaff, and bought the ones you mentioned plus Owen, Smith, Butt, Duff. Contrast with Sissoko, Cabaye, Wijnaldum and you can see why we went shopping overseas.

I still think there’s some talent with the lad and we just need to find how what issues he has at the moment. I didn’t watch yesterday’s game, but have seen every game he has played since arriving here and he hasn’t been as bad as some make out this year. We just haven’t worked out how to get the best out of him or his position under the new manager. Eddie needs to have a long hard think about where and how he wants the guy to play and then take it from there 

18 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I still think there’s some talent with the lad and we just need to find how what issues he has at the moment. I didn’t watch yesterday’s game, but have seen every game he has played since arriving here and he hasn’t been as bad as some make out this year. We just haven’t worked out how to get the best out of him or his position under the new manager. Eddie needs to have a long hard think about where and how he wants the guy to play and then take it from there 

Yes, lets build the team around him

Not a fan like but we're stuck with him now so we need to sort out what his issues are and get him playing again.

Loads of players are under performing, there's something not right and I had hoped Howe would have sorted it. In some he has, in others it's just not happening.

Absolute self entitled waster cunt. Filed under Kennedy. Need rid, attitude isn't there, only played under the fat waster who likely let him dick about with training and he tried for us under a loan spell to make him visible and earn coin. Second we buy him, can't be arsed.

For all he's been total gash it's a bit of a jump to assume that his rapid decline this season is purely down to having got his bumper contract so now he can't be arsed like, not saying its not the case but we don't know full story.

The change in his demeanour between this season and last is night and day, looked like was thoroughly enjoying playing football here last season but has the vibe of a recovering alcoholic at his own mother's funeral this season.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Shite but I hope he starts ahead of Longstaff on Saturday. 

Aye, move him further up the pitch as he now has someone to make runs beyond of in Wood. Willock has potential to offer that as we've seen it, whereas Longstaff offers a couple of interceptions and being a complete hinderance to our already shite midfield.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, move him further up the pitch as he now has someone to make runs beyond of in Wood. Willock has potential to offer that as we've seen it, whereas Longstaff offers a couple of interceptions and being a complete hinderance to our already shite midfield.

The worst thing the new regime have done is not ship the useless fker off to Everton. Would’ve been a great parting two fingers to them by Rafa. 

On 08/01/2022 at 17:48, Thiago said:

It's a truly crazy decline. 

The goals were huge last year, but he was also a good ball carrier, able to press, intercept. All of that is missing this season and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Not that crazy. He was an Arsenal player, trained to Arsenal standards, then he became a Steve Bruce player.

6 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Not that crazy. He was an Arsenal player, trained to Arsenal standards, then he became a Steve Bruce player.

Right, but he's had a few months of Howe and we've seen no change.

45 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Right, but he's had a few months of Howe and we've seen no change.

We've seen no change to the facilities.

My apologies. We've installed a greengrocer's window next door to the changing rooms.

Edited by Happinesstan

Can I please remind people that he has been injured since we signed him and is having injections in his foot.

he should be nowhere near the team until he recovers but we don’t have enough players.

he isn’t shit, he is injured and it isn’t his fault that Bruce and Ashley blew the entire summer budget on an injured player.

There seems to be this general consensus going round that he's not happy in Newcastle, is that based on anything solid, or just because he's not smiling in training shots? Obviously no player is going to be happy if he's not starting regularly, but that's just the game. If he wants to be somewhere else that would be a bigger concern.