Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

Can understand why Arteta was happy to offload this chap; nigh-on useless in a possession based system.

Really need to figure out how to effectively counter-attack in a low-block, as our team just fall apart when defending the lead. Can only really see Willock’s utility in that type of setup tbh.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Can understand why Arteta was happy to offload this chap; nigh-on useless in a possession based system.

Really need to figure out how to effectively counter-attack in a low-block, as our team just fall apart when defending the lead. Can only really see Willock’s utility in that type of setup tbh.

The team have consistently fallen apart from around 70 minutes all season.

The fitness and conditioning is so poor, Willock is another example of that. Looks overweight compared to last year, slower, lethargic, clumsy on the ball.

If we assume this is down to how Steve Bruce prepared them for the season, how can we undo all of that mid season?

The better teams are able to keep the ball for 20/30 passes without the opposition getting a touch. If we manage 3 passes before losing it it's a miracle. As said before, Willock doesn't seem to fit In with possession based football.

On 09/01/2022 at 16:01, Tyne81 said:

Absolute self entitled waster cunt. Filed under Kennedy. Need rid, attitude isn't there, only played under the fat waster who likely let him dick about with training and he tried for us under a loan spell to make him visible and earn coin. Second we buy him, can't be arsed.

I don’t know if it’s always been like this but the assumptions and leaps people have been making about players lately on the back of poor performances is pathetic and embarrassing to the fan base. 

You read this type of thing about ASM, Lascelles etc all the time. 

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I don’t know if it’s always been like this but the assumptions and leaps people have been making about players lately on the back of poor performances is pathetic and embarrassing to the fan base. 

Agree. By all means criticise the performances, or aspects of their game, but a lot of stuff gets said about attitudes and wanting to be away, which for all we know, might just be fan's making stuff up from their own imaginations. 

On 09/01/2022 at 16:01, Tyne81 said:

Absolute self entitled waster cunt. Filed under Kennedy. Need rid, attitude isn't there, only played under the fat waster who likely let him dick about with training and he tried for us under a loan spell to make him visible and earn coin. Second we buy him, can't be arsed.

Not a fan then?

Cannot help but think if he was playing in a better team with better players around him he would look okay. There is a player in there somewhere, playing just off the striker would get the best from him IMO. Need to get him further up the pitch (which is hard to do ATM)

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Also worth noting my comment was the day after witnessing him against Cambridge. 

Ball watching as bad as I’ve seen at one point, jogging back, looking left and right and straight ahead to the ball, next thing you know he’s still doing that very thing but 2 players are in and behind him, he turns and looks confused to fuck. I’ve seen more co-ordinated brain to body movement from a zombie in some shitty 80s horror straight to Beetamax flick. 

2 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Doesn't appear to be fit , jogging back not a good sign 

He's been covering both sides of the pitch, would be pretty hard to sprint for 90 mins. I've actually been quite encouraged by his tracking back, his touch looks off though. 

Thought he's been good on the ball at times but looks absolutely spent off it. He looked injured when he was jogging back at 35 minutes. I think there's more to this than meets the eye. Didn't someone on here say he was getting injections in his foot to continue playing? I wonder if one of the side effects is having Ronaldo's brain...in the '98 World Cup Final.

Been lots of speculation as to why the dip in form, was he low on fitness, lack of confidence, playing with an injury etc..

Nope, we have our answer. It’s his fucking attitude. Doesn’t want to be here and signed the deal here for all the wrong reasons.

He can get fucked.

Guest carpetman1

Do we think he could be on the take? Just saying but snooker players have been banned for making fewer bad plays than he.