Joe Willock

He definitely gives us more going forward than any of our other CMs. If we can get his confidence back he'll be alright. Although it does seem like he thinks he made the biggest mistake in coming here. Still a young un so might grow up in the next few months.

Hope he kicks on, really think he'll come good. He's lacking experience and struggling with not continuing straight on with his goal scoring form. Maybe a bit of homesickness into the mix. 

28 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

The moment just there where he tripped over the referee sums him up. Pap. 

Glad the last few comments seem a bit more positive. I felt like I must have watched a different game. He was end to end, constantly giving us an extra dimension and breaking up play. I thought he was our best midfielder today.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Great game for this guy. Worked really hard.

Just look at the last 10 posts, sums up the fans perfectly.  He goes from braindead useless lump who doesn't want to be here, to local hero who had a great game and worked his tits off [emoji38].... all in half an hour

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Thought he was total shite then looked way better - must be a confidence thing.

Understandable like, he's 21, not been playing and was off the pace to start with, but he was always trying to do the right thing and that's why I'm glad Howe stuck with him. 

Much much better in the second half, playing off the cuff and more switched on defensively. Still doesn’t absolve him for how shite he has been since he joined permanently, hopefully a confidence booster.

3 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Just look at the last 10 posts, sums up the fans perfectly.  He goes from braindead useless lump who doesn't want to be here, to local hero who had a great game and worked his tits off [emoji38].... all in half an hour

You can only judge them on what you see though?

I don't really want to be a pessimist (after a win) and go and jump in the Chris Wood thread because its early days, but Wood was terrible, not sure what our purpose behind the deal was, other than to antagonize Burnley and desperation at the time?

Guess we'll see.......

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Radio said he played well when I was listening 

He was fucking brilliant second half. Exactly what the game needed and played the situation perfectly. Grew into the game and seemed more mobile after 90 mins than he did for the first half hour.

Was proper box to box at the end. Protected the ball in behind Trippier a bit better 2-3 times. Which got a big hug and seal of approval from Trippier near the end. 

Not perfect by any means. Looked a bit reactive and off it early in the game. Some of his passing and lay offs were undercooked. 

All in all. Was something like his old self and was arguably MOTM, for me. Although I think Schar shades it. 

Turned it around second half but in the first 30 minutes there was a few occasions he was so poor in possession and defensively just let players bomb past him as he casually strolled back. 

We could really do with him coming good again so hopefully this gives him a big confidence boost. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Thought he's been good on the ball at times but looks absolutely spent off it. He looked injured when he was jogging back at 35 minutes. I think there's more to this than meets the eye. Didn't someone on here say he was getting injections in his foot to continue playing? I wonder if one of the side effects is having Ronaldo's brain...in the '98 World Cup Final.

The side effects definitely wore off in the second half then. A couple of short passes and not scoring at the end aside he was quality.

Edited by Kid Icarus