Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Yep. We're going to start (or just about in Tonali's case) next season with Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Miley, & Anderson all (fingers crossed) fully fit and ready to go. From no one to an actual selection headache. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing Miley go out on loan.

Interesting point about Miley. I can see the argument for it if he was loaned to a club where he’d get constant game time. Realistically he could be loaned to a bottom PL club or top championship club and he’d be a success there with the right manager. He’d also benefit from being under Howe for his development so it’s a bit of a no-lose situation 

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

https://x.com/craighope_dm/status/1780234435117355410?s=46

Willock done for the season. Come back stronger son

Get him rested up and ready for next season. I'm a big fan of Willock. I think he offers something different from our other midfielders and he should be an important part of our rotation in midfield, especially if we're playing european football next year.

Edited by mush

56 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This seems quite perfect if we think a loan is the right move.

I’ve said before when this has come up, we completely underestimate how much hatred Boro have towards us.

If Miley had a run of indifferent performances the crowd would turn on him in no time.

Keep him the hell away from smogland.

7 hours ago, Dokko said:

I know right now we're saying he doesn't need surgery...but can we not do it anyway and save the inevitable breakdown end of July setting him back till the new year?

Unless there’s a rupture surgery isn’t indicated for an Achilles. Reading between the lines it’s a complex tendinopathy which can be hard to manage let alone in elite sport. Sounds like the best decision to rest him and get him ready for next season.

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Unless there’s a rupture surgery isn’t indicated for an Achilles. Reading between the lines it’s a complex tendinopathy which can be hard to manage let alone in elite sport. Sounds like the best decision to rest him and get him ready for next season.

Yep, totally agree! Rest and a progressive targeted strengthening program is the norm, just just on the Achilles but all areas of the calf and shin muscles... I would imagine they would be looking at his gait too and checking if his boots are too neutral etc.