Newcastle vs Southampton - 06/02/21 @ 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Decky

Looking at our remaining games (already) this feels like a game we really need to get 3 points from. Their injuries and suspensions have decimated them, they’re in poor form and we’ve had a bit of an upturn, albeit small. I think if we lose again here it’ll start to look more likely than not that we’ll be the third team to go down.

Willock has to come in for some mobility and ASM has to start.

Feel like I’m swimming against the tide, but I’m actually quite confident - of course they want to bounce back from being humped, and we’re still managed by a cabbage, but nevertheless I’m tempted by the $2.87 odds Sportsbet are offering...

Their injury crisis is compounded by two suspensions and I heard the kit man and the tea lady were training this week in case of selection. We have clearly turned something of a corner in our style and approach thanks to Guv’nor Jones - maybe Bruce will see the need for an active Wor Graeme and let him move the pieces, seeing as banishing him to the stands worked so well last time...

Alex McCarthys confidence is going to be so low after conceding 9 goals.. We should start ASM ,attack from the very start, taking shots and testing McCarthy wtih asm, willock, wilson and fraser

no excuses here,. it is a must win

Ings and Ward Prowse are almost guaranteed goals. The bookies are right to have them as favourites.

We're favourites on 365 mind - 19/20 vs 29/10!

We aren’t like ......2/1 on Betfair us they are 13/8

Alex McCarthys confidence is going to be so low after conceding 9 goals.. We should start ASM ,attack from the very start, taking shots and testing McCarthy wtih asm, willock, wilson and fraser

no excuses here,. it is a must win

Yes that's what should happen but we have a cabbage as a manager.

2-0 loss.

Looking at our remaining games (already) this feels like a game we really need to get 3 points from. Their injuries and suspensions have decimated them, they’re in poor form and we’ve had a bit of an upturn, albeit small. I think if we lose again here it’ll start to look more likely than not that we’ll be the third team to go down.

Willock has to come in for some mobility and ASM has to start.

This is pretty much my take on it too - it’s a must win game - it massive in fact

6 points out of 9 looks ok - you can swap the Everton win for the Palace defeat and it’s what we would have hoped for going into those games

I wouldn't go as far to say it's mist win, but a loss doesn't bode well for Bruce.

I disagree, this has to result in a win, just to keep that cushion - I think 35 gets you safe this year, which means another circa 3 wins from somewhere

We love giving away silly free kicks Ward-Prowse will punish us by either scoring himself or assisting a goal or two. Heck he might even do both.

Think we'll lose ... again. Needed that Palace result.