Newcastle vs Southampton - 06/02/21 @ 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Decky

I'd want to see;

Dubravka

Manquillo

Clark/Hayden

Schar

Ricthie

Hendrick

Hayden/Matty

Matty/Fraser

ASM

Almiron

Wilson

What I expect from Snorlax;

Darlow - Kraft, Hayden, Schar, Manquillo - Shelvey, Sean, Hendrick - Wilson, ASM, Almiron

With no Lewis, reckon he'll shove Manquillo over on the left side. That'll totally kill his form playing on wrong side, he's never been any good ever at LB, it'll kill any natural width with right footer out there, and it'll have Kraft at RB who's a total timebomb. Ritchie at least has a decent left foot still, and isn't so much of a pussy as Lewis, although he can't defend and Walcott/Walker-Peters will have him on toast.  :sad:

Shelvey needs dropping! Southampton proved their too quick for him in midfield, and he's a liability in defensive transition. Never been dropped though and never going to be. Always plays him when he isn't anywhere near 100%. He's stand in skipper, and Bruce sees him as the only option to be able to control midfield/keep the ball because he'll occasionally look good on the eye. Plus he scored last time out...  :sad: 

In an ideal world wouldn't have Hendrick anywhere near match day squad, but no f***er else to play. Hayden playing in defence will be huge loss, stand out midfielder last couple of games - he's the glue that holds the basketcase midfield of Jeff and Jonjo together.

Would want to see Fraser, Almiron and ASM in the same side - he's played Fraser in CM against Wolves, and wouldn't mind seeing him a little deeper to allow ASM coming in. Would alleviate the need to have Sean play, or a midfield including Shelvey, Hendrick and Sean which is bound to happen. Him and Matty in midfield with Hayden wouldn't be too bad I don't think, would at least go some way to match Southampton's energy.

Wonderful squad planning again.

If he was smart, he'd continue with Hayden in holding midfield being able to drop back into center defense as needed. He should either toss in an academy or reserves lad to play CB or drop Krafth in there. Manquillo needs to continue playing RB and Ritchie should easily slot into LB.

Midfield needs rotation - he should play 2 of Matty, Anderson, Sean, or Shelvey. Willock should start but I assume he'll have him on the bench. Miggy as the 10. Fraser or ASM next to Wilson.

There’s a bit in Yes, Minister where the PM says “when the country’s going downhill, we need someone to come in and put their foot on the accelerator”.

“I think you mean the brake, Minister”.

Last thing we need is to continue our momentum.

I hope we get beat I can't bare this fraud getting any credit.

Torn between this, and some dim hope that we pick up, so I can enjoy watching us play football again. ASM coming back is a tiny ray of hope.

A large part of me wants us to totally tank, and just about stay up before the last few games.

Somehow after that Villa game he's ridden out a big storm of pressure and national media finally clocking how s**** he is.

30mins of Leeds being mental, and an actual decent display against Everton and pressure on him seems to have dissipated.

Pardew used to get us battered by less than giant sides quite reguarly. That's what we need for Bruce to squirm again, get battered, 3,4,5-0 by someone like Southampton, Wolves or even Leicester or Spurs.

We need to stay up as I think that's the cleanest way this club ever gets sold. I know Bruce ain't going to be here past a sale. So hopeful we play like we did at Everton so we can enjoy some football, stay up without much stress and get Ashley, Charnley, Bishop, Bruce and his band of fuck-heads out the club. Then a nice-clear out of players who shouldn't be part of the new club.

Just can't see a win, they have too many players who will hurt us. If we push up and play more attacking football we will leave space at the back, and just can't see our defenders being alert enough to pick up Danny Ings. Add to that our useless slow midfielders hauling down the runners in dangerous areas, and up steps Ward Prowse and it's game over.

Feels like a massive game this. Worry we will feel the pressure and revert to type a bit, especially if we go 1 up.

While I don't enjoy watching it, I think reverting to a back 8 will ironically be our best chance of a win for this one. If we leave space in behind, can see Ings getting too many chances, and unlike Leeds or Palace, he won't miss them.

Feels like a massive game this. Worry we will feel the pressure and revert to type a bit, especially if we go 1 up.

Im going to watch it with popcorn in.  Toon win, good for takeover.  Toon lose, another step closer to Bruce leaving.  Cant lose!

I'd want to see;

Dubravka

Manquillo

Clark/Hayden

Schar

Ricthie

Hendrick

Hayden/Matty

Matty/Fraser

ASM

Almiron

Wilson

What I expect from Snorlax;

Darlow - Kraft, Hayden, Schar, Manquillo - Shelvey, Sean, Hendrick - Wilson, ASM, Almiron

With no Lewis, reckon he'll shove Manquillo over on the left side. That'll totally kill his form playing on wrong side, he's never been any good ever at LB, it'll kill any natural width with right footer out there, and it'll have Kraft at RB who's a total timebomb. Ritchie at least has a decent left foot still, and isn't so much of a pussy as Lewis, although he can't defend and Walcott/Walker-Peters will have him on toast.  :sad:

Shelvey needs dropping! Southampton proved their too quick for him in midfield, and he's a liability in defensive transition. Never been dropped though and never going to be. Always plays him when he isn't anywhere near 100%. He's stand in skipper, and Bruce sees him as the only option to be able to control midfield/keep the ball because he'll occasionally look good on the eye. Plus he scored last time out...  :sad: 

In an ideal world wouldn't have Hendrick anywhere near match day squad, but no f***er else to play. Hayden playing in defence will be huge loss, stand out midfielder last couple of games - he's the glue that holds the basketcase midfield of Jeff and Jonjo together.

Would want to see Fraser, Almiron and ASM in the same side - he's played Fraser in CM against Wolves, and wouldn't mind seeing him a little deeper to allow ASM coming in. Would alleviate the need to have Sean play, or a midfield including Shelvey, Hendrick and Sean which is bound to happen. Him and Matty in midfield with Hayden wouldn't be too bad I don't think, would at least go some way to match Southampton's energy.

:lol: Snorlax

Dreading this game more than any other this season because we HAVE to win it due to our previous results and next two fixtures after this one.

Obviously I know what's coming. An utterly embarrassing performance, a loss and Sleeve Bruce still not getting sacked.

Dreading this game more than any other this season because we HAVE to win it due to our previous results and next two fixtures after this one.

Obviously I know what's coming. An utterly embarrassing performance, a loss and Sleeve Bruce still not getting sacked.

Same feelings at this. We’ll be too far gone by the time the club takes action and today could be a significant nail in our coffin if we don’t get the win.

Hopefully a defeat by 2 or more goals today.

Couldn’t give a fuck about any influence by Jones and undermining Bruce. They can all get to fuck. Back to back defeats until this clown is sacked.

No sign of a takeover, so what’s the point in picking up wins and keeping him in a job longer. This football makes me want to claw my eyes out with a piece of liquorice.

I hope we get beat I can't bare this fraud getting any credit.

What the last couple of games have shown is that it really doesn’t matter. The cunt will take credit win or lose and convince his media mates that progress is being made.