Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/02/21 - post match pg16 and on

Disco

Another situation where we've pressed and pressed really high, but ultimately they've got it forward and created a chance.

We're not really getting anywhere near them when we press though. It's pointless tbh, would probably be better off parking the bus if you've got the likes of Shelvey doing the press.

I'm consistently amazed at the low amount of possession we have in games.

I never actually watch games anymore, but it's definitely something of a fascination :lol:

Surely by law of average, or luck we would have more once in a while. It's quite something.

No need to be amazed at our lack of possession mate, we are the same every week :lol:

That's what I meant. The relentless regularity of it is actually impressive.

Joelinton would have had his numerous clumsy moments but my God you would have at least seen him get on the ball a bit and have the odd decent link up play and pass.

Knew Gayle would be pitiful in that role Callum Wilson has been playing recently. He is not a versatile footballer at all. Completely invisible and pointless.

ASM has been poor but would rather blame the guys doing nothing than the guy getting on the ball and trying things

Hasn't even been THAT bad IMO. Becomes a pretty fucking tough job when he gets two or three players on him straight away.

Joelinton would have had his numerous clumsy moments but my God you would have at least seen him get on the ball a bit and have the odd decent link up play and pass.

Knew Gayle would be pitiful in that role Callum Wilson has been playing recently. He is not a versatile footballer at all. Completely invisible and pointless.

They’re equally shite tbh

Chelsea play football in a diametrically opposite style to us. Loads of movement off the ball and the ball passed forward at lightning speed.

The class gulf between the two clubs, from top to bottom, off and on the pitch, and on the touchlines, is just breathtaking :lol:

Just check back to page 1 of this thread. It was kind of ominous from the 1st minute.  :lol:

They’re equally shite tbh

At least you'd have the hope Gayle might score off the bench.

Why are we so fucking shit at throw ins? Its fucking shocking.

That one at the end. Great position with 20 seconds left to just try and get it in the box and create something. Everyone just stands still or runs in little circles. Pretending to show for the ball, but not really. Absolute garbage. Cunts.

This formation has been well and truly found out tonight by the way. Gayle up on his own against Rüdiger, while Werner and Alonso has free reign against Krafth.

Feel like it just won't work against a 3 man defence. Bruce being Bruce just won't change a winning team, but wonder if Jones thought this would be the way to go as well.