Man United vs Newcastle United - 21/02/21 @ 19:00 - Live on BT Sport 1

Paully

I refuse to believe Gayle gets to start again after his last performance so it’s him out, surely?

Think Bruce has already said Gayle starts.

He needs to be played through the middle then, not on the wing. He's not the best, but he can score goals if he's allowed to play as an out and out striker.

He doesn’t score goals in the PL though. 26 in 127 appearances for someone who offers nothing if he’s not scoring is horrendous.

I refuse to believe Gayle gets to start again after his last performance so it’s him out, surely?

He needs to be played through the middle then, not on the wing. He's not the best, but he can score goals if he's allowed to play as an out and out striker.

He doesn’t score goals in the PL though. 26 in 127 appearances for someone who offers nothing if he’s not scoring is horrendous.

Do you think there's a better chance of goals from one of the other two alternatives?

Do you think there's a better chance of goals from one of the other two alternatives?

Fraser?

Fraser?

Has he ever played as a striker? We'd have literally no hold up ability at all.

Fraser?

Has he ever played as a striker? We'd have literally no hold up ability at all.

Would have to reshuffle and put asm/ miggy in the middle I guess

Struggling to give a toss about this. Had a couple of games few weeks ago that I was back to looking forward to, now just get it over with.

Don’t care who we have up front unless it’s Wilson. All as bad as one another in their own ways. Kraft, Dummett, Shelvey, Hendrick, whoever of Gayle/Carroll just nowhere near PL standard, would be shock result of the season if we got a result here.

After feeling like we’d been mathematically relegated last night I’ve full u-turned pre-match and now think we’ll get something however undeserved.

No, I’m not pissed.

Yes, I will be crying in the relegationometer thread when we lose.

None of them are going to score goals - especially as a wide forward. I’d play Gayle over Carroll, but Joelinton honestly has more to his game than Gayle and knows how to play the position better.

None of them are going to score goals - especially as a wide forward. I’d play Gayle over Carroll, but Joelinton honestly has more to his game than Gayle and knows how to play the position better.

Sort of agree with that, he can actually provide some link play if the ball is played to feet. I suppose the logic would be that even if he doesn't score, he could assist Willock, Max or Miggy to get one. Gayle is a better option on the bench as well, if you see Joelinton coming, on you know the game is over.

Newcastle have lost seven of their past nine Premier League matches.

They have lost all three league games without scoring in the absence of Callum Wilson. The striker has scored 10 and assisted five of Newcastle's 25 league goals

The Magpies have sustained nine defeats in 11 away matches and failed to score in eight of those fixtures.

Manager Steve Bruce has taken just one point from 11 Premier League visits to Old Trafford, a 2-2 draw with Sunderland in October 2009.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Doing a good job like.