Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I'd for 4-2-3-1, I think if we're going 4 at the back be need to keep quite rigid so I'd play Murphy RW just to support the defence abit and I think he's being one of our better players. I think Almiron needs to be dropped abit but also think he'll be useful of the bench. I would quite like to see Fraser start aswell though. Also this formation seems to give us more squad depth apart from CDMs.

I'd like to see this

Woodman

Manquillo - Lascelles/ Schar - Fernandez - Lewis/ Dummett (Only put him here as I know Bruce is a minge I would kinda of get it for 1/2 games of a system change but obvs want Lewis)

Hayden - Longstaff/ Shelvey

Murphy/ Fraser - Willock - ASM

Wilson 

2 hours ago, Leek said:

I really dont get the gameplan with the 5-2-1-2 or whatever it is. No midfield cause we've got Miggy who I dont even know where he plays, him and ASM just float about and cant keep up with the game as they got lost trying to track back and then getting back forward again. Hayden is the only useful one defensively but gets dragged around easily because hes got to do it all and Willock is a CAM not a CM, he trys but cant defend but also doesnt get any freedom to attack unless we actually keep a sustained attack. 

We cant press teams because if Hayden/Willock press then we're horribly exposed in midfield.

The only thing I see is us do offensively is counter, hoof it to Wilson either in behind or for us to win a 2nd ball or win a set piece and try and maintain an attack from that.

Ritchie at LB is tragic, can't keep switched on, cant get back quick enough once hes forward and can't win headers. 

When we've had 30 seconds of possession and realised we cant counter we can only pass it back between the our defenders because the set ups shit, we havent got any movement in midfield cause there only 2 of them so the only space and easy pass is at the back where the 3 CBs are who then get it and hoof it to Wilson.

Oh my Lord. Bruce's eyeballs would be bulging out of their sockets reading all that. Never mind all that technical bollocks a good player is a good player. A good dinner and a word of encouragement is all they need. Rafa has confused our squad with all this tactical bullshit, it's going to take another 3 years for Steve to get them out of that funk. 

I wonder at what point he'll take responsibility for poor results. He's been backed as well as anyone can be under Mike Ashley. but he still hasn't produced a coherent style of play, or shown any suggestion of knowing how to put players together to form one. If the players aren't good enough, why does he keep praising Charnley for his support?

I noticed once against West Ham where Jones came up to the side of Bruce and was talking to him, probably offering his opinion or advice. Bruce didn't quite turn his back but he certainly showed no interest in what Jones had to say and therein lies the problem. When Jones arrived he said "All I can do is offer my opinion, it is up to the manager wether he listens or not"

8 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I noticed once against West Ham where Jones came up to the side of Bruce and was talking to him, probably offering his opinion or advice. Bruce didn't quite turn his back but he certainly showed no interest in what Jones had to say and therein lies the problem. When Jones arrived he said "All I can do is offer my opinion, it is up to the manager wether he listens or not"

I think he tolerated his ides initially because it was getting us out of the seemingly certain path to relegation we were on.

Once it looked like we were safe he went back to his three at the back system and I'm pretty sure he started tuning Jones out, and now unsurprisingly we look just as bad as ever.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Sacked :lol: Not a chance he is going anywhere. Ashley doesn’t sack managers.

Ashley only acts if we spend too much time in the bottom 3, if we start to get cut adrift then he will act. If we're bouncing round the bottom but only dipping in and out of the bottom 3 then he'll persevere.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Ashley only acts if we spend too much time in the bottom 3, if we start to get cut adrift then he will act. If we're bouncing round the bottom but only dipping in and out of the bottom 3 then he'll persevere.

When has he ever done that though?

The only manager he has sacked while we’ve been in/near the bottom three was McClaren. That only happened because Rafa approached us. If Rafa didn’t approach us, McClaren would’ve stayed in charge.

Carver wasn’t sacked despite hurtling us towards the drop. He took a 50/50 gamble with him on the final day.

Bruce wasn’t sacked last season despite massive warning signs and possibilities of relegation.

Pardew survived multiple shaky moments and eventually only left of his own accord.

Hughton was sacked because of Ashley’s desire to bring Pardew in due to his dodgy dealings. Allardyce was only sacked because he wasn’t Ashley’s choice to begin with.

8 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

He’s thick and arrogant with it. A bad combo we’ve seen before. An Ashley Constant too.

Funny that, that's just what I was thinking this morning about him and I don't think I've realised that's what I've disliked about him until just now.  That's the undercurrent he can't hide when he speaks, there's an arrogance there that's not concealed because he's not smart enough to do it.

I struggle with some of the fans comprehension around this mans operating philosophy. He simply doesn’t give a shit about this club, the support or the area. it’s a money spinner to him. No more than that. 

He’s took his (tiny) little book of 1970’s coaching skills (no pencil notes in the margins) around every shit club he’s been to and had the exact same results and did exactly the same press conferences. And yet he’s still not sussed by the majority!

50,000 at the first game says it all: Desperate people who’ll accept anything NUFC. It’s a tragedy man.