Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

45 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

This constant tinkering has not aided Woodman, playing his first season at Premier League level, with the 24-year-old goalkeeper unable to easily build relationships with the defence in front of him."

This 100%.  Not saying the lad is premier league material but they way he's been shat on by bruce is unreal.  

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Warnock surely?

I think he and Warnock both have 4 promotions from the championship. Warnock has more promotions overall if you include the lower leagues.

It's that sort of stat that makes me worry that we'll hang on to him even if we get relegated.

1 hour ago, ikri said:

Absolute insanity.  It doesn't even scream of someone who doesn't know what they're doing, since even an imbecile would aim to swap like with like where possible.  This is him desperately trying something, anything, to fix problems he has created but having no clue what's going on around him.

I’m convinced he plays players out of position intentionally in the hope it will come off so he can look competent/be smug/“I told you so”.

18 minutes ago, toon25 said:

It'll be this 'CV' of promotion - which doesn't take into account the extent to which that league has changed - that'll keep the fat cunt in a job in the Champo.

When was the last time he got promoted? 2015? 

2015-16 I think, with Hull. Like, after getting them relegated in the first place.

12 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It's quite significant tbh, the Chronicle has always had an effect when it comes to rousing the dozy public. Those are fairly critical pieces by Mark Douglas, one of the local reporters I quite like. 

Bruce will probably still dig in, but at least it will become uncomfortable for the fat get. 

He had a point to be fair. A bit fuzzy but it was about why not just say you like Benitez and don’t like Bruce. Great effort has been made on moving forward by not focusing on comparisons by some sections of the fan base and now criticism of Bruce is around his actions rather than comparison. Obviously both is fine to shoot him with.

Guest neesy111
28 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Such a weird take by Luke Moore on the latest Ramble about Newcastle fans and Bruce. 

Stopped listening to ramble because nof him so not surprised.

Edited by neesy111

9 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

He had a point to be fair. A bit fuzzy but it was about why not just say you like Benitez and don’t like Bruce. Great effort has been made on moving forward by not focusing on comparisons by some sections of the fan base and now criticism of Bruce is around his actions rather than comparison. Obviously both is fine to shoot him with.

Exactly. Bruce can legitimately be criticised on both comparison levels and his actions, both are valid gripes. He can be criticised on other factors as well such as lack of character, dishonesty, being a fat cunt etc. Not really sure why it's an issue. 

He deserves any criticism he gets on the basis that he knew exactly what he was signing up for and didn't give a shit, still doesn't. 

To him it was/is only about personal gain and he's onto a winner:

Carry on being shit whilst not caring about the results/club/fans but still get paid = win for Bruce. 

Get sacked with a hefty windfall = win for Bruce. 

Slightly improve, keep us up (ha), accept the plaudits for doing so and continue getting paid = win for Bruce. 

Fuck him. 

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

He deserves any criticism he gets on the basis that he knew exactly what he was signing up for and didn't give a shit, still doesn't. 

To him it was/is only about personal gain and he's onto a winner:

Carry on being shit whilst not caring about the results/club/fans but still get paid = win for Bruce. 

Get sacked with a hefty windfall = win for Bruce. 

Slightly improve, keep us up (ha), accept the plaudits for doing so and continue getting paid = win for Bruce. 

Fuck him. 

There's literally no scenario where Bruce loses barring him resigning without taking a pay off.

The thing which gets me about Bruce is, while it's obvious he's not going to resign because he wants to be paid up, you would think he would just sit tight and not get so wound up by criticism. Just take it on the chin and collect your pay check. 

Look at McLaren by contrast. He knew he was shit, but was just grateful to be getting paid for it. He would greet critics with a cheery smile and a chuckle. 

Bruce the serial loser doesn't just want the money, he demands respect for being rotten at his job as well. 

Hypothetically would anyone respect him more if he actually did just walk away?

Unless I'm wrong the only manager to have ever walked from this job has been Keegan...and both fully justified. Know Gullit refused a payout but was still sacked rather than walking

Thought Dalglish got sacked.

For a job appalling done.

Maybe its just that he should have been sacked.

Wouldn't hurt Bruce's reputation to do so, as it is he's on course to be the most hated manager we've ever had, quite the legacy for the local lad to leave behind. Anybody with anything about them would care about that.

2 minutes ago, The Janitor said:

Dalglish.

Yeah once he dismantled a great team and replaced them with his Liverpool pals for one last pay day.

He’s up there for me and maybe the fact that if he really was motivated to succeed he could have done better. He didn’t give a monkeys though.

McClaren, Bruce, Pardew, Allardyce, Souness.. they have two things in common, they are all shit and they all have massive egos.

To this day I have no idea WTF he was doing.

Expected to sign Colin Hendy and Tim Flowers, job done, even allowing for clearly not liking Ginola I expected him to be replaced by John Collins, not Des Hamilton.

The man who managed the near impossible when replacing Tomasson with someone almost as bad in Andersson. Like replacing Joelinton with Joelinton.

Edited by Wolfcastle