Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Dalglish is an odd one because with Keegan's team he actually did quite well, only 2 defeats in the league from January when he came in. Then he dismantled it, class.

Daglish was a massive disapointment no doubt. He did lose the two top players in the space of nearly 24 hours and neither through his choice (Shearer injury and Ferdinand sale). Tomasson had also impressed preseason playing behind Shearer and was subsequently pushed forward to a role he was not suited to, due to Shearer's injury. No excuses on most of the players he brought in after that mind.

Edited by et tu brute

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Hypothetically would anyone respect him more if he actually did just walk away?

Unless I'm wrong the only manager to have ever walked from this job has been Keegan...and both fully justified. Know Gullit refused a payout but was still sacked rather than walking

Nah, it’s beyond that for me. He is an awful man.

Feel like total Dalglish's failure is proof that we are cursed. The man had so much success (even his second mediocre Liverpool spell after years out he won a League Cup), came into a team that had finished 2nd and reunited with Shearer. Losing Ferdinand and Shearer at the same time though obviously a huge loss. As shit as he did I do wish he'd been given another season at least given the problems of 98. I'd love to hear more from him about wtf happened. Touched on a bit in Shearer Athletic interview.

Bruce is amongst lowest for me because it's about way more than his management, it's about him coming in the way he did and his relationship with the Ashley regime. Souness and all them were shit, but Souness wanted to succeed. Bruce wants to do this club down and be Ashley's snivelling shite.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

5 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Unless I'm wrong the only manager to have ever walked from this job has been Keegan...and both fully justified. Know Gullit refused a payout but was still sacked rather than walking

I've wondered that (pointlessly) once or twice. I think I maybe could but it would depend under what circumstance. If he went away crying that he had an impossible job - woe is me style - then he could get absolutely fucked. He knew what he was walking into and has been backed far more than his predecessor in any case. However, if he walked having had some moral epiphany about the regime, and showed vague reflection about his role as an enabler, he'd probably earn an iota of respect from me. That is of course in the event I'd have time to form any conclusions whatsoever, on account of the violent amount of shock leaving me in a vegetative state. 

He can have as much respect as he gives me, an nufc fan.

That'd be the sum total of fuck all and he deserves every bit of it.

Fat knacker doesn't have a leg to stand on. He could probably do infinitely better if he just didn't talk at all. Because he seems to make things worse and worse.

8 hours ago, TRon said:

The thing which gets me about Bruce is, while it's obvious he's not going to resign because he wants to be paid up, you would think he would just sit tight and not get so wound up by criticism. Just take it on the chin and collect your pay check. 

Look at McLaren by contrast. He knew he was shit, but was just grateful to be getting paid for it. He would greet critics with a cheery smile and a chuckle. 

Bruce the serial loser doesn't just want the money, he demands respect for being rotten at his job as well. 

Because in his rat infested mind he thinks he's doing a good job. 

9 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Jack Charlton.

8 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Feel like total Dalglish's failure is proof that we are cursed. The man had so much success (even his second mediocre Liverpool spell after years out he won a League Cup), came into a team that had finished 2nd and reunited with Shearer. Losing Ferdinand and Shearer at the same time though obviously a huge loss. As shit as he did I do wish he'd been given another season at least given the problems of 98. I'd love to hear more from him about wtf happened. Touched on a bit in Shearer Athletic interview.

Bruce is amongst lowest for me because it's about way more than his management, it's about him coming in the way he did and his relationship with the Ashley regime. Souness and all them were shit, but Souness wanted to succeed. Bruce wants to do this club down and be Ashley's snivelling shite.

He just didn't give a shit anymore after Hillsborough, not that I can blame for losing the spark after that and the burden he carried in the aftermath.

Even at Blackburn he never really gave the impression he cared beyond sticking it to Ferguson - buggered off after winning the League and couldn't even be bothered having a crack at the European Cup for the first time as a manager.  Once he got to us it was just another pay cheque.

Edited by Pandamninator

14 hours ago, Sima said:

I reckon Pardew made Palace aware of his situation so you could argue he walked.

Pardew at the start of that season had agreed to join Palace but pulled out last minute to stay here. Players knew of him talking to Palace and wanting away then all of a sudden he was staying. 

I don't know Steve, conceding when you're ahead due to a lack of concentration isn't just "frustrating" it's infuriating, as there is a distinct lack coaching on what the team should do in that situation, which leads to mistakes and us conceding, which is squarely at your feet, but you can't recognise that can you, you absolute dick head.

Steve Bruce on fan frustration

Look, it's always difficult. I would be sick if I said I quite enjoyed it. It's difficult. The frustration is, like any other Premier League club or any other Football League club, if you don't get results then ultimately the manager, head coach, whatever I am, bears the brunt. That's what it is. soI have to accept that results haven't been good enough. What the disappointment was we played very well at a difficult place last week - as difficult as it was going to get. We played very well and didn't get anything out of the game, which was the frustration.

Poor bloke doesn't even know his own job description

21 minutes ago, Trewicks tash said:

Steve Bruce on fan frustration

Look, it's always difficult. I would be sick if I said I quite enjoyed it. It's difficult. The frustration is, like any other Premier League club or any other Football League club, if you don't get results then ultimately the manager, head coach, whatever I am, bears the brunt. That's what it is. soI have to accept that results haven't been good enough. What the disappointment was we played very well at a difficult place last week - as difficult as it was going to get. We played very well and didn't get anything out of the game, which was the frustration.

Poor bloke doesn't even know his own job description

Such a loser! Complete and utter loser!