Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

sacking without payout on the cards for his behaviour????

I doubt that's possible unless they're prepared for a court case. Which I guess they might be if they're annoyed enough. 

Personally I'm worried that they're just prepared to let Bruce suffer on as long as he can take it.

12 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9999233/Toon-turns-TOXIC-Graeme-Jones-Dwight-Gayle-clash-Bruce-slams-Hayden-players-p-ed-off.html Mess top to bottom.

A source said: ‘The players, as a group, are tight. They have been together a lot of years.

‘They are good professionals and are determined to turn things around, despite issues with the manager. That could end up keeping him in a job.’

Just this week, the squad turned up expecting to train on Tuesday morning, only for Bruce to call a meeting during which he addressed running statistics. However, some players were not impressed when he cited other teams in the bottom half of the table as good examples.

A source said: ‘The lads couldn’t believe it. They were like, “What is he talking about?” It did not go down well with some.’

For balance, some players felt Bruce spoke the truth.

A feisty training session followed — two senior stars were told to calm down by Bruce — and there was a bad-tempered showdown between assistant manager Graeme Jones and striker Dwight Gayle, with captain Jamaal Lascelles forced to step in.

A source said: ‘There was a head-to-head after a disagreement. Jones said, “It’s always about you, Gayley”. Dwight wasn’t having it and said, “It’s been all about you since you’ve been with England”.

‘This can happen between players, but when management are involved it’s never a good sign. There are some p***ed off players.’

Jones was a popular and much-needed addition last season, but some are now wondering why he has not intervened and changed a 3-5-2 system they feel uses too many players out of position.

There was also a heated inquest in the dressing room following Saturday’s 4-1 defeat at Manchester United, with Bruce telling midfielder Isaac Hayden — playing at centre back — that he should have done more to prevent Cristiano Ronaldo running off him to score his second goal.

A source said: ‘Isaac was like, “He’s the fastest player in the country”. He also made the point he’s not a defender. The lads thought the manager’s comments were unfair.’ On top of that, Sportsmail has been told there is resentment at the lack of structure in the training schedule, much like the concerns raised last season over what some felt were excessive days off, leading to an internal investigation. 

Bruce spent four nights in Portugal during the international break and returned last Monday. Sportsmail understands some players reported for training that day expecting a morning session, only to be told Bruce was not arriving back from holiday until the afternoon. The club say this was always the plan.

But a source said: ‘You’ve got players waiting hours at the training ground and some staff didn’t even know what was going on. They also turned up at training the previous Thursday only to be told Bruce had gone on holiday. They just did a gym session. They weren’t impressed.

‘Then on Monday of this week they did not train until tea-time. Players like structure, routine. But they feel like the team’s schedule is designed to suit the manager, not them.’

Some also noted a press report this week that goalkeeper Freddie Woodman would be dropped for Friday’s game.

The players know which journalists are close to Bruce and some suspected this had come from the manager before he had told them, much like they did last season when a report stating Karl Darlow would be dropped caused huge irritation behind the scenes.

Can someone print out 50K copies of this and hand them out before the game? 

1 minute ago, Paully said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12409372/premier-league-predictions-back-leeds-to-turn-up-heat-on-steve-bruce-at-newcastle-says-jones-knows

"Newcastle have conceded the most Premier League goals since Project Restart (June 2020), shipping 91 in 51 games. A set of numbers that screams relegation battle."

Yeah but Rafa

14 minutes ago, Paully said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12409372/premier-league-predictions-back-leeds-to-turn-up-heat-on-steve-bruce-at-newcastle-says-jones-knows

"Newcastle have conceded the most Premier League goals since Project Restart (June 2020), shipping 91 in 51 games. A set of numbers that screams relegation battle."

Incredible stat. No doubt we’ll have Clinton Morrison and Simon Jordan telling us Steve Bruce has his sides well drilled and knows how to set up a team. They will all rally around their favourite PFM with the mantra that he’s a ‘results manager’ and kept us in the division.

Even with the holiday stuff taken out of the equation, do the players not have like an app or a copy of their training schedule for the season?

It’s like a bunch of fucking kids starting secondary school man. “Miss, I don’t know what lesson I have”, “Miss, I’ve lost my timetable”, “Miss, Matty said we have assembly now”…

Honestly we are so shit man

Reading the DM article it seems that Jones has no influence over the way the team set up, or more likely that Bruce doesn't want to listen because with all of his experience he knows best. If and when this lot blows up properly it will be nuclear

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Hope doing the same to Bruce as he did in twisting the knife on McClaren. He’s the only journalists that’s been prepared to go the extra mile. 

Poor Ryder just asks a question that has been put to him by the fans and he gets absolute pelters off Bruce .

47 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It sounds like an absolute mess, fucking hell. Imagine that fat prick showing you running statistics. He’s lost it, he’s grasping at anything. In his pathetic low IQ brain more running = playing better.  I reckon he’s despised by a fair few in the team 

It’s PFM 101, reminds me of my under 14s rugby coach. 

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Poor Ryder just asks a question that has been put to him by the fans and he gets absolute pelters off Bruce .

Ryder’s an easy target for that type of shit. Don’t think Hope would just squirm and whimper like him. 

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

what's this shearer thing?

Steve Bruce reacts to Alan Shearer's claim that Newcastle United is 'hollow and empty'

The Magpies have slipped away from European contention and face an annual relegation battle these days

Newcastle United boss Steve Bruce has shrugged off comments from Alan Shearer in the aftermath of the Man United defeat.

The former Man United skipper watched on as Shearer said on Match of the Day the club had become "hollow and empty".

Shearer was signed as a world-record transfer in 1996 when a £15million move to Tyneside from Blackburn Rovers sealed a sensational coup.

Since then the club have slowly tumbled from the business end of the Premier League and have not appeared in the Champions League since 2003.

When asked about Shearer's remarks, Bruce said: "Look, Alan is entitled to his opinion, that’s what he gets paid for, that’s what his job is now.

"What I will say is there is a lot of people and a nucleus of players who have been here a long time, and the club means something to them.

"There’s a lot of good people who work at the club who have also been here a long long time.

"They want the club to do well and unfortunately at the moment, we are not doing well enough.

"All Newcastle fans want to see their team competing at the top of the table like they did 20 years ago.

"Unfortunately at this particular moment, we’re not there. "So there is the frustration for everybody concerned.

"My job is to keep us — and I knew this was going to be difficult — on an even keel, try and get on with the job and move the club forward as best I can, which is very, very difficult, of course."

1 hour ago, Paully said:

To be expected with Brewcies entertainers.  Would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0, something, something, expectations.