Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

13 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

It will implode very quickly now, though Bruce will be going nowhere yet. He still retains the support of his PFM mates (inc Shearer) and Edwards. They will end up blaming us supporters. 

it’s going to get really toxic. Mackems will be laughing their tits off. 

His mate Alan Brazil was defending him on Talkshite this morning.

He mentioned Hope’s article and the allegations that the players weren’t happy with training and said players should just do what their managers tell them.

Any other club and manager and they’d be laying into them but no, once again when it comes to us it’s the fans fault or the players fault for being unrealistic. 

11 minutes ago, LV said:

He mentioned Hope’s article and the allegations that the players weren’t happy with training and said players should just do what their managers tell them.

Any other club and manager and they’d be laying into them but no, once again when it comes to us it’s the fans fault or the players fault for being unrealistic. 

Alan Brazil's blood pressure level is in direct contradiction to his mental capacity.

13 minutes ago, LV said:

What a shame that the players show more ambition than the manager and that fact is blatantly ignored.

Here's some team collective running stats as of March 2021 https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-running-stats-season-20098401 - notice the Leeds games (that's their style) 

0_runningstats.jpg

We'll ignore this bit of the article... [emoji38]

"They have been outrun 11 times but covering more ground doesn't necessarily mean you're in better shape: playing without possession can mean clocking up more miles.

Former boss Rafa Benitez was not a big fan of running stats - pointing out that it was what you did with the ball that mattered most. But Leeds have outrun opponents in every game this season, favouring a high press."

The way our situation is reported on in the national media is so weird, and I’m not sure I’ve seen it happen with other clubs. The approach is basically “what’s best for Steve, is Steve ok, would it have been best for Steve if he walked away x months ago, are people being nasty to Steve”, rather than asking what’s best for Newcastle.

With Arsenal the question is whether Arteta is good enough for them, and that’s it, nothing else.

Edited by Kimbo

44 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

The way our situation is reported on in the national media is so weird, and I’m not sure I’ve seen it happen with other clubs. The approach is basically “what’s best for Steve, is Steve ok, would it have been best for Steve if he walked away x months ago, are people being nasty to Steve”, rather than asking what’s best for Newcastle.

With Arsenal the question is whether Arteta is good enough for them, and that’s it, nothing else.

I wonder what the difference is 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🙌🏻🇪🇺💩

Words ahead of tonight https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-vs-leeds-united-live-21601174?gs=

We have scored four times in our two home league matches this season so there is certainly encouragement going forward, but to only pick up one point in those games underlines the importance of being solid first and foremost and getting the balance right.

If we can strike that balance and we can continue to offer a threat and create opportunities as we have, I am convinced we can put results together so we must seize the key moments at both ends of the pitch when they come along.

There is no better time or place to do that than in front of our supporters tonight. St James' Park under the floodlights is always special for everyone connected with this club, but it can be a big, loud and intimidating place for visiting players.

Thank you, as always, for backing our lads so passionately. I hope we can reward that tonight and get the weekend off to a great start.

- same as always?

Edited by nbthree3

1 minute ago, sh74 said:

He’s still skating over the fact he said he’s in charge of the defensive training and we’ve conceded 12 goals in the first 4 games.

He's doesn't need to answer to anyone because nobody asks any pertinent questions of him.

Steve says whatever floats into his vacuous head and forgets about it a millisecond after.