Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I'd like to see what preceded that conversation personally; far be it from me to defend Bruce but they did mention that Jones had been up in the stands and came down specifically as we were getting ripped to bits.

Now for me if he's waltzed past Bruce like he's not there then held that conversation then yeah it's hilarious and there's a huge problem but if he came down and briefly explained to Bruce what he'd seen then held that conversation I think Bruce is being a bit hard done by for once.  He was up in the stands for a reason presumably, and then came and executed a tactical change very well.

Unless he completely cut Bruce out of things or did it all unilaterally I don't see a problem, you could hardly expect him to explain everything to Bruce and then Bruce go and explain to the player it'd be fucking daft.

35 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I'd like to see what preceded that conversation personally; far be it from me to defend Bruce but they did mention that Jones had been up in the stands and came down specifically as we were getting ripped to bits.

Now for me if he's waltzed past Bruce like he's not there then held that conversation then yeah it's hilarious and there's a huge problem but if he came down and briefly explained to Bruce what he'd seen then held that conversation I think Bruce is being a bit hard done by for once.  He was up in the stands for a reason presumably, and then came and executed a tactical change very well.

Unless he completely cut Bruce out of things or did it all unilaterally I don't see a problem, you could hardly expect him to explain everything to Bruce and then Bruce go and explain to the player it'd be fucking daft.

I think it’s the fact he’s clearly talking over Bruce in the clip and Ritchie is clearly only listening to one man.

I agree there is potentially more to it, but it certainly undermines Bruce.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

We need to be rooting for a Watford win then. Let's hope the players who count down tools as well. 

I thought that a defeat at Watford would put Bruce closer to the edge than Leeds as the cunts who run the club, thick bell ends in the media and our fanbase would've seen Leeds as a decent side even though they've yet to win a match this season. A meek 2-0 defeat to a club who probably people expect to struggle this season in front of usually more vocal and vociferous away fans may push him closer to the edge tbh. Wolves after that too, away, I'd take us losing these games if it meant he fucked off. Gives the people running the club the international break to find a replacement. ( :lol: ) 

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it was up to people like Nolan, we'd be a good old fashioned British club in the championship led by salt of the earth manager Brucie. 

Might not have long to wait. 

9 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So he says the players should pull their weight? How are they meant to do that when the manager is on holiday or turning up late for training? Fat mess of a man. I hate this prick more than anyone ever involved in our club. Can you imagine turning up for work in the morning and your superior is away on holiday without telling anyone.  

from the chronicle today

Haycock's appointment comes little more than a year after Bruce launched an investigation into the number of injuries his side suffered during his first season at the club.

Although Newcastle were down on soft tissue injuries, in 2019-20, Bruce admitted his players were having to adjust to a different style of training.

"All the sport scientists, doctors and nutritionists, we have analysed what we do," he said last September.

"To be fair, we do ask them to work hard in training with a certain intensity, which has changed over the last 12 months. A new manager has different philosophies and a different way of training.

"Most of our injuries happen in games and the big ones, which a lot of people missed out on with this, just happened in a match and were impact. There's not much you can do about that."

eh, doesnt that just suggest that bruce needs to update his training regimes and that rafa knew what he was doing?

explains a lot.

50 minutes ago, huss9 said:

from the chronicle today

Haycock's appointment comes little more than a year after Bruce launched an investigation into the number of injuries his side suffered during his first season at the club.

Although Newcastle were down on soft tissue injuries, in 2019-20, Bruce admitted his players were having to adjust to a different style of training.

"All the sport scientists, doctors and nutritionists, we have analysed what we do," he said last September.

"To be fair, we do ask them to work hard in training with a certain intensity, which has changed over the last 12 months. A new manager has different philosophies and a different way of training.

"Most of our injuries happen in games and the big ones, which a lot of people missed out on with this, just happened in a match and were impact. There's not much you can do about that."

eh, doesnt that just suggest that bruce needs to update his training regimes and that rafa knew what he was doing?

explains a lot.

How anyone can take that fat mess seriously when he is taking about sports scientists and nutrition is beyond me. 

Edited by Bintang
Typo

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

"To be fair, we do ask them to work hard in training with a certain intensity, which has changed over the last 12 months. A new manager has different philosophies and a different way of training." 

Like cramming a week's worth of training into 3 days for example. 

23 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Like cramming a week's worth of training into 3 days for example. 

Or fucking off to Portugal for a holiday. Or turning up late for training while the players stand around wondering what to do. Those sort of cutting edge philosophies that our modern, ahead of the curve, in peak condition manager brings to the squad. 

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Nolan :lol: players pulling their weight, from a renowned piss head who was gassed after 40 mins. Cheers Kevin 

Wuh preparation is meticulous, let me tell you. If 6 of then are away, what's he supposed to do?