Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Feet under or over their desks, this is not in any way a tough or difficult decision to make.

Whether they are "nice" people or not is for them to prove through their actions. Most, if not everyone, liked Ashley in the beginning too.

My confidence in them will be non-existent if they don't bin Bruce before the Spurs match. It's a bad decision from a sporting perspective which will impact the commercial side long term if we don't get any points against spurs and it will immediately sour the relationship they have started building with the fans.

14 years of Ashley and you're giving the new owners a week before your confidence in them will be "non-existant"? :laugh:

Jesus wept.

Just now, Abacus said:

I understand the point about doing things in the right way contractually etc, though that's never a problem for other clubs.

Also, you can always put him on gardening leave just to get rid of him.

Of course it is very possible that they simply have no idea how bad he is.

But I personally really doubt he'll be there by Sunday, or be allowed to do another one of his awful bumbling press conferences.

Yeah the contractually difficult line is a load of rubbish, managers are sacked all the time, the compo and stuff is sorted after.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

14 years of Ashley and you're giving the new owners a week before your confidence in them will be "non-existant"? :laugh:

Jesus wept.

If they are so inept that they cannot do the bare minimum, the one single action that makes sense on all levels, why should they deserve any goodwill?

It's not like it's something that cannot be changed in time by making good, timely decisions going forward (and tbf, there's still time to do it, and I am hopeful and confident that he will be gone). Contrary to Ashley, if they mess something up, we can still hope that they learn from mistakes rather than bookmarking them for eternal re-use.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

If they are so inept that they cannot do the bare minimum, the one single action that makes sense on all levels, why should they deserve any goodwill?

It's not like it's something that cannot be changed in time by making good, timely decisions going forward (and tbf, there's still time to do it, and I am hopeful and confident that he will be gone). Contrary to Ashley, if they mess something up, we can still hope that they learn from mistakes rather than bookmarking them for eternal re-use.

14 years of Ashley and the new owners have only been here a few days. Let them get settled, asses the crap thats in the club and make some decisions.   This is what we wanted, people who think about things before rolling out any old nonsense. [emoji38]

Twitter is a sess pit of fannies going on about Bruce still being here .

They can all fuck off, I’m keeping off it for a week , it’s unbearable, he will be gone soon , chill the fuck out.

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Twitter is a sess pit of fannies going on about Bruce still being here .

They can all fuck off, I’m keeping off it for a week , it’s unbearable, he will be gone soon , chill the fuck out.

The worst thing about caring about the club again means we’re going to have to deal with our fans being massive spenks.

20 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Feet under or over their desks, this is not in any way a tough or difficult decision to make.

Whether they are "nice" people or not is for them to prove through their actions. Most, if not everyone, liked Ashley in the beginning too.

My confidence in them will be non-existent if they don't bin Bruce before the Spurs match. It's a bad decision from a sporting perspective which will impact the commercial side long term if we don't get any points against spurs and it will immediately sour the relationship they have started building with the fans.

Just wow. No wonder we have a reputation for being fickle. 

5 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

14 years of Ashley and the new owners have only been here a few days. Let them get settled, asses the crap thats in the club and make some decisions.   This is what we wanted, people who think about things before rolling out any old nonsense. [emoji38]

14 years of Ashley is the exact reason why I won't blindly trust they have the best of intentions and do things the right way. They need to prove it to us. I was too naive for too long with Ashley. Won't make that mistake again :lol: 

Whether they sack Bruce, put him on garden leave, simply ask him not to attend the game while assessing his situation/contract whatever - just do something to show us they understand and that they are able to make important decisions.

Sacking Bruce before Spurs would mean the whole crowd will be desperate for us to win

If he is still in charge I'd imagine most of us will want us still to win but there's always that doubt in your mind that if they win then Bruce stays longer

Just now, Shearergol said:

@Conjo man, chill :lol:

Ye..I should :lol: I realize it comes off very wrong. They haven't really made any mistakes so far, and I do have faith that they will make the right decision here so for the time being it really is a non-issue.

It’s Tuesday. We play Sunday. They’ve likely given no indication to anyone how they’re leaning. They’ve likely watched every single match of ours since they decided to buy us. They’ve likely seen and read every survey and etc for him. They are not going to do anything that will cause legal action, they are likely trying to work out the payout (with his attorneys) and the back room staff too. They are likely hoping they have movement or a statement planned to discuss the next step of their plan/communication as such. 

I still think he’s a goner by Sunday. The PR headache or the entire world watching and the 80% owner’s country and such too. They’ll just not want to deal with it. 

If he’s not sacked, bummer, but No big deal. Big picture We are free from Ashley and soon to be free of Bruce and the new era is upon us. 

Just now, Kanji said:

It’s Tuesday. We play Sunday. They’ve likely given no indication to anyone how they’re leaning. They’ve likely watched every single match of ours since they decided to buy us. They’ve likely seen and read every survey and etc for him. They are not going to do anything that will cause legal action, they are likely trying to work out the payout (with his attorneys) and the back room staff too. They are likely hoping they have movement or a statement planned to discuss the next step of their plan/communication as such. 

I still think he’s a goner by Sunday. The PR headache or the entire world watching and the 80% owner’s country and such too. They’ll just not want to deal with it. 

If he’s not sacked, bummer, but No big deal. Big picture We are free from Ashley and soon to be free of Bruce and the new era is upon us. 

Bingo. Good post.

Just now, Kanji said:

I agree with that, however my main issue is the position we are in I don’t think we can afford to waste any games and keeping him in charge for even one more is a massive missed opportunity