Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Just now, gdm said:

We’ll be 10 games without a win and thinks will start to look very difficult for any manager coming in. M

he should have been gone and he should have been gone yesterday 

Im just basing it off Caulkin saying they are nowhere near the decision making stage yet and won’t be for sometime. If this is true it literally leaves us with Bruce or Jones.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Im just basing it off Caulkin saying they are nowhere near the decision making stage yet and won’t be for sometime. If this is true it literally leaves us with Bruce or Jones.

Not sure he’s right here given other sources are saying they are awaiting PIF to confirm he’s gone. 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Only 3 more games till the next international break, maybe they will give him till then.

Hmmm, maybe the will spend between now and then getting their ducks in a row and then let him go?   Anyway Bruce has taken up enough of my time - Im going to give the owners some space to see what they come up with.

1 hour ago, wormy said:

Get him out on the pitch on Sunday for a 1,000th match presentation. Have a little trophy up on a stand to the side. Then when he comes up to have it presented to him, Staveley announces his sacking in front of everyone.

Jones to give him a boot up his fat arse as he waddles off the pitch in shame. Then throw the trophy in a flaming bin. 

Vince Mcmahon “YOU’RE FIRED” style. 

I want him gone. Its such an easy PR win for the new owners.

I know its a big decision and shouldnt be taken lightly, but hes mediocre. He's only ever been mediocre. H'es never gonna be anything but mediocre.

In practical terms, i know theres concerns that if Bruce left some of the coaching staff would leave too. But so what? If they dont want to part of this new era, let them go but now that weve been taken over, i dont think they are gonna be all that loyal to Bruce.

Even if they do, give the other coaches at the club a temp promotion and bring in Shearer and couple of his mates to fill the gaps - they would graft there arses off in the hope of getting a job surely.

10 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I want him gone. Its such an easy PR win for the new owners.

I know its a big decision and shouldnt be taken lightly, but hes mediocre. He's only ever been mediocre. H'es never gonna be anything but mediocre.

In practical terms, i know theres concerns that if Bruce left some of the coaching staff would leave too. But so what? If they dont want to part of this new era, let them go but now that weve been taken over, i dont think they are gonna be all that loyal to Bruce.

Even if they do, give the other coaches at the club a temp promotion and bring in Shearer and couple of his mates to fill the gaps - they would graft there arses off in the hope of getting a job surely.

It’s not even a big decision, take the emotion of us all hating him already out of it and look at the stats the guy should be nowhere near the club 

To provide a slightly different angle, I wonder if they feel a caretaker manager who is in relegation zone while they take their time choosing the right manager would be perceived as a worse situation than the status quo.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

To provide a slightly different angle, I wonder if they feel a caretaker manager who is in relegation zone while they take their time choosing the right manager would be perceived as a worse situation than the status quo.

a cheese and pickle sarnie would be better than cabbage heed

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why do people think Bruce will get loads of stick on Sunday ? He hasn’t had any since he’s been here.

Well, yeah that's true. But this season has been a bit different in terms of fans being vocal about him.

Plus, some fans who are coming on Sunday, are only there after Ashley had fucked off. You think they'll.be quiet when we go 0-3 down in the first 20 minutes too?

Edited by nufcjb

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why do people think Bruce will get loads of stick on Sunday ? He hasn’t had any since he’s been here.

Tbf he's no longer a shield for Ashley. He was part of the team in 'support the team not the regime'. Now he's the only thing standing in the way of success for a lot of people. He's the target now.

I suspect this is as simple as the new owners want to have the new structure agreed and the people ready to join first before removing the old one, especially as the old one is vastly inadequate and undermanned. It looks like this takeover happened so fast that whatever previous discussions for people joining have to be revisited, because things like Rafa at Everton and potentially other people for big roles are no longer available and different ones are. If Conte was to be spoken to I can't see that being something to sort out in a few days when the whole club internally needs shake up from top to bottom. Conte would want to know who is DoF, who is running day to day etc. - we don't even know that yet.

Just relax. Sacking Bruce now doesn't equal Spurs game win by default. I'd even not care if Bruce and his team were here for a few weeks as the rest of the hierarchy from Barnes, Charnley, a DoF etc. are sorted. If weeks do go by and nothing changes I'd be concerned. If we get to January and it's still Bruce I'd be angry as that's incompetence. Waiting a week or even two or three to get new team in place and Bruce replaced is fine with me. The reality is more complicated than hire/fire immediately. Sooner is better, but right decision is more important.

Has any takeover sacked the status quo within 24 hours and replaced them before!? Genuine question.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

Tbf he's no longer a shield for Ashley. He was part of the team in 'support the team not the regime'. Now he's the only thing standing in the way of success for a lot of people. He's the target now.

I think there'll be too much of a party atmosphere on Sunday so can't really see fans having a go at Bruce unless we are losing. If he's not sacked before then, might as well assume he'll be here for a while longer until the owners have sorted out a replacement. 

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s not even a big decision, take the emotion of us all hating him already out of it and look at the stats the guy should be nowhere near the club 

Its an easy one - but still a big one.

Bruce is the public face of a massive company with a worldwide presence and millions in revenue.

Maybe theyve looked at the backlash of the purchase and thought, maybe we shouldnt give the press another stick to beat us with...

Bruce will be gone soon man. It’s not even been a week. I’d imagine they will have consulted the senior players and have made a short term decision with regards to the Spurs game.

Just bask in the glorious sunshine after the big dark cloud of Ashley has gone.

Bruce will follow. All the rest of the dogshit basement buys and not fit for purpose employees that we have been weighed down by will follow too. 

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

should be more ruthless than that.

see how successful chelsea have been.

no time for sentiment or what the media/public think.

Ranieri wasn’t sacked when their new owners came in for over 9 months.

I agree they should be ruthless, but maybe it’s foolish to be ruthless without having any of the sporting setup in place to source replacements / coaches.