Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, maze said:

I don’t understand the hesitation?

Its quite simple. If Bruce stays for however long, its because the new owners think we are better off with him, many faults though he has, than without him and his coaching team in charge, who have been there with him through our "input your own phrase".

And I have to say as well, it works the other way, if they boot him then it's because they think it's for the benfit of the club.

Personally I think it's much of a muchness whether he's there or not, his squad (within reason) his coaching team (again) and I dont think much would change regardless.

Just now, nbthree3 said:

Change it from cancelled to Jones handles it in that case, another day off so hopefully movement from PIF giving the green light

Yeah I can’t see Bruce taking it regardless but tomorrow is probably the last day they will sack him if he’s going before Sunday.

9 minutes ago, madras said:

And I have to say as well, it works the other way, if they boot him then it's because they think it's for the benfit of the club.

Personally I think it's much of a muchness whether he's there or not, his squad (within reason) his coaching team (again) and I dont think much would change regardless.

Big thing with me is that having Bruce there creates a whole different atmosphere on Sunday. Instead of having the whole crowd behind the team, it’s going to be a case of anti Bruce chants throughout. He needs to go now, Jones in for Sunday and hopefully a new man in next week. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Big thing with me is that having Bruce there creates a whole different atmosphere on Sunday. Instead of having the whole crowd behind the team, it’s going to be a case of anti Bruce chants throughout. He needs to go now, Jones in for Sunday and hopefully a new man in next week. 

Why would they do that ? The new owners (if he's there) want him there and those fans there should do whatever to support the club. Should they boo players Bruce brought in who they don't think are good enough ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

Why would they do that ? The new owners (if he's there) want him there and those fans there should do whatever to support the club. Should they boo players Bruce brought in who they don't think are good enough ?

Of course they will be booing Bruce and have anti Bruce songs.

Ridiculous argument.

He should be gone. We need to start the new era with a clean break from the shite that’s gone before. We all need to be pulling in the same direction to build momentum - Club, manager, fans.

With Bruce there it won’t happen as he’ll rightly be getting abuse and it’ll completely tarnish the new start. 

Get him gone and let Jones and some of the academy staff take over until a new manager is found. 

Completely pointless booing Bruce or acknowledging him at all. Why not focus on creating a positive atmosphere for the players? Bruce is leaving sooner or later. I don’t think Staveley and co, need the fans to send them any messages. We’ve come to an end of fourteen years of Ashley, wor flags are back, we’re finally United, Sunday should be a celebration of that, rather than a day to berate a poor manager.

1 minute ago, LV said:

Ridiculous argument.

He should be gone. We need to start the new era with a clean break from the shite that’s gone before. We all need to be pulling in the same direction to build momentum - Club, manager, fans.

With Bruce there it won’t happen as he’ll rightly be getting abuse and it’ll completely tarnish the new start. 

Get him gone and let Jones and some of the academy staff take over until a new manager is found. 

Aren't Jones and the players just as much part of the old regime ?

Let the new owners plot their course.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Completely pointless booing Bruce or acknowledging him at all. Why not focus on creating a positive atmosphere for the players? Bruce is leaving sooner or later. I don’t think Staveley and co, need the fans to send them any messages. We’ve come to an end of fourteen years of Ashley, wor flags are back, we’re finally United, Sunday should be a celebration of that, rather than a day to berate a poor manager.

Totally. Imagine the message we send out to the world, we get what we want but still boo while Staveley will eventually thank him for staying on and helping through our transition.#

If he's still here by Sunday natch.

19 minutes ago, madras said:

Why ? he's the new owners current manager. Should they boo the players as well ?

Hopefully we won’t find out. As for your question why?, just see this thread, other forums and social media, it’s not hard to work out why.

Hopefully we won’t find out. As for your question why?, just see this thread, other forums and social media, it’s not hard to work out why.

Well for the life of me, I can’t figure out why?

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

So if Bruce goes we have to boo the players and Jones as they are from the previous regime ?

It's got so snidey and petty, the abuse laid on to him now is embarrassing, he's gone, he knows it, they know it, my dogs know it....what benefit is there in kicking off on Sunday about it ? It's actively trying to hinder us if it happens.

Edited by madras

Well that’s quite the leap to go from my use of the word ‘tarnished’ to ‘its game over for the new owners’

Absolutely not what I said. And of course the players and Jones shouldn’t be booed Madras. They weren’t the problem, Bruce was. 

Just now, LV said:

Well that’s quite the leap to go from my use of the word ‘tarnished’ to ‘its game over for the new owners’

Absolutely not what I said. And of course the players and Jones shouldn’t be booed Madras. They weren’t the problem, Bruce was. 

Ashley was.

Let’s see on Sunday what happens if he is still here then. Hopefully he isn’t. 

I don't care if he's there or not, I wont boo him if he is though.....what does that achieve for us now ?