Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

42 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

One thing that doesn't take time is sacking Steve Bruce. You wake up in the morning, hungover to fuck after buying a football club and before you order breakfast you sack the cunt. 

21 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

People expecting him not to be given any flak on Sunday if he's still in the dugout, man. :lol:

New era or not, the bloke's a charlatan. He's been winding the fans up for most of his time here and he deserves anything that comes his way. There's an open goal and the new ownership need to decide if they want to Jenas it or Big Al it. 

The irony being if Big Al had any say, he'd Jenas it.

Still don't think having Bruce there offers anything other than lingering negativity and a hark back to Ashley's shower.

Don't believe Sunday the lads will fall to pieces without him shouting run faster jump higher.

Either way he is gone in the near future so just keep that thought and you'll be right :)

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Nah man. Don’t buy this.

Sunday is going to be one of the all-time great atmospheres in god knows how many years.

And Bruce is as good as gone brother. 

I meant from the owners perspective more than anything :thup:

I think a lot of people want him binned before Sunday because they rightly want a fresh start and don’t want anything to downcast what should be a day of celebration.

I’m fairly relaxed now and as long as he’s gone by Sunday, I’ll be pleased. If he’s still there though, it will be a disappointment and a missed opportunity.

That said, I think it’s fairly obvious to all it’s only a matter of time before he does get canned.

I mean it feels pretty obvious to me that this takeover u-turn caught everyone by surprise and currently we are bare bones in terms of high ranking positions. So it looks like whoever is running the show is looking to put in place the top people who are going to be running the club for the next 5 to 10 years and it will then be down to them if they sack a manager and who they replace him with. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think this 1000th game thing is massively overplayed. 

Aye, the commentators thought it was the Wolves game until Bruce corrected them. Either way, hope he's binned today, although it'll be fun to see him squirm in his press conference tomorrow when he gets the inevitable questions on when he's going.

Great to see the middle ground in this debate is totally going out of the window.

You can have legitimate reasons for thinking Bruce should be binned with immediate effect without moaning or being knee jerk.

You can also (even at the same time, gasp) realise there will be a lot of upheaval in the upper management of the club in the coming weeks and this decision, when it is eventually made, probably won't have a long term impact or reflect on the future running of the club.

The pathetic hyperbole and name calling that seem to come with any kind of debate these days really isn't necessary.

Guest reefatoon

Christ is this fucker still here?  Thought peddling him would have been the easiest job they would have had.  Didn't think he would have survived 7 minutes never mind 7 days.  Please fuck off Steve.

31 minutes ago, Karjala said:

How on earth has a career-average manager got a contract with an £8m payout clause? Ashley wont spend money on players so amazed that clause exists.

Rumour is that he does have clauses in that allow him to be sacked for less or even maybe for nothing, but only after certain amount of the season has passed and if the team is below a certain league position.

If we sack him before then, we have to pay the full 3 years of his contract up at £2.7m per year. This is because of his rolling contract, where every morning when he wakes up he still has 3 years left, it keeps resetting.

It all makes perfect sense when you factor in Ashley's utter lack of ambition whereby anything from 17th or up is deemed to be fine. Why would Ashley ever contemplate sacking him if he's not in the relegation positions?