Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Is there something I've missed? I've asked in this thread previously without any source or reference being given. I see many others using this argument too but where do the notion that all first team coaching staff will leave if they sack Bruce come from? If Bruce had another job lined up I could see the risk that he might bring them with him, but there's no incentive for them to leave now if he got sacked. Maybe if they were honorable and loyal Bruce fans and decided to leave in solidarity (which I strongly doubt as they would most likely miss out on compensation). There's no indication that they are a package deal.

Yeah I don't get this. I'm sure they'd be happy to stay on temporarily. Even if they did leave in solidarity (lol) they could surely be easily replaced by Ben Dawson and Steve Harper? Not like they contribute much at the moment is it

Just a thought as it hadn’t been mentioned but perhaps Al-Rumayyan wants to do the honourable thing and speak to Bruce personally before sacking him.

They may not know each other personally but may have mutual friends on the golf course.

this of course may coincide with his first attendance at SJP for the Spurs game

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Is there something I've missed? I've asked in this thread previously without any source or reference being given. I see many others using this argument too but where do the notion that all first team coaching staff will leave if they sack Bruce come from? If Bruce had another job lined up I could see the risk that he might bring them with him, but there's no incentive for them to leave now if he got sacked. Maybe if they were honorable and loyal Bruce fans and decided to leave in solidarity (which I strongly doubt as they would most likely miss out on compensation). There's no indication that they are a package deal.

Ashley had them all on some sort of joint termination contract tied in to the point at recruitment that the candidate could bring a maximum of two coaches with them.

as such they go with the manager

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

During the furious 'he'll be gone in 48 hours' backtrack, various sources have said the reason is that PIF need to green light his binning.

As if the 80% majority stake holder having the final say and being involved in all major restructuring has come totally out of the blue on Thursday. It's total bollocks man.

I'm hearing this a few times now but I don't really understand the logic. PIF are an investment firm, why would they need to decide on the merits of a manager? Are they well versed in football matters to judge? I thought that was why they put people like Staveley in charge. 

1 minute ago, James said:

Ashley had them all on some sort of joint termination contract tied in to the point at recruitment that the candidate could bring a maximum of two coaches with them.

as such they go with the manager

I'll believe that then, as it makes the reasoning for keeping him on easier to swallow if nothing else :lol: 

Ahh fuck it......we all know he's going, after my initial disappointment that he wasn't sacked earlier in the week I'm now happy the club are going about it in a professional manner and lining up the right man before pushing him out.

Let him have his 1000th game, hopefully a win and then let's rise above the shit Ashley left us in and give him a send off to make (not Bruce) but us fans proud that we can be exactly what the Likes of Luke Edwards think we are not.

A handshake and a farewell as we move onto better days.

I'm at peace with it all now. Let them proceed as they must. They're obviously doing some due diligence with some top people in football, and so in due course things will all play out.

The only thing that is really going to be annoying is that the fans will get painted in a bad light if they have a go at Bruce on Sunday, which will be a real kick in the teeth, as he's been taking the piss out of them since he took the job and it will be exactly what he has been asking for.

45 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

officially I don't think they can but most do anyway via agents or whatever, see how quickly clubs generally have a replacement on hand when they sack someone mid season. Different post season as you aren't under pressure to get someone in so can do a more extensive search 

Pretty sure they can, they just can't talk to a manager employed by someone else without permission.

1 hour ago, kisearch said:

I feel like the last week on here would be a pretty interesting read for psychologists like. 

Knowing what I know of psychologists, they are as much if not more unhinged than the people they study. In general, obvs 

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Christ reading this is eye AIDS.

If he’s here for Sunday he’s here, it’s not going to affect our long-term future. They’ve obviously been caught on the hop, give them some time to get sorted out.

There's literally not a single good reason to keep him anymore. Having him in the dugout instead of Jones on Sunday offers nothing extra. It's baffling that it looks like we're not going to peddle him before the weekend.

The fact he's anywhere near the club at this time :anguish:

One of the worst PL managers of all time and he's going to oversee the first game of our new era, as well as undeservedly joining the 1000 club. Find me a luckier bastard. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Chicane said:

Only positive from this is that hopefully some of the journos might grow a pair and ask some actual questions now that they won't be afraid of being banned

It will certainly be different questions now and not the vetted shite or Luke asking him how big his cock is and can he suck it.

Why the fuck is this walking symbol of the previous owners lack of ambition still here? He should've been bounced out the club days ago and Jones put in charge. 

The thought of him being in the dugout on Sunday is nauseating.