Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I doubt they see it as pressing a situation as we might. There's 90 points left to play for and we're only three points off 17th so objectively the situation is far less urgent than it could be. They'd probably sooner appoint the right individuals than rush into a wrong decision just for the sake of getting rid of Bruce. 

I think that is probably close to the truth. They had to watch Bruce from the sidelines for the past two years, they probably figure if it takes another two weeks to get everything in place, it's hardly a disaster. That his days are numbered is not in doubt, they have very publicly failed to back him. 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Bruce has had them in training today, he must be trying to impress the new gaffa

Na, Monday is lasagne day in the canteen, so Brucey insists they train Mondays.

42 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I doubt they see it as pressing a situation as we might. There's 90 points left to play for and we're only three points off 17th so objectively the situation is far less urgent than it could be. They'd probably sooner appoint the right individuals than rush into a wrong decision just for the sake of getting rid of Bruce. 

Yep, said pretty much exactly this last week. They aren't looking at this situation through the eyes of us fans who are sick of Bruce's shit. Objectively, time is on their side to make the right decision. 

On the other hand, Craig Hope said that they had hoped to have had him out for the Spurs game, so clearly they were expecting to be somewhere near replacing him. Perhaps one of their targets turned them down.

47 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Seriously? Everyone ran the same story, Hope, Edwards, Caulkin, Ryder, Martin Hardy, Simon Bird. And they all ran it directly after spending several hours with the new owners.

I seriously doubt they specifically told anyone he’d be gone by the Spurs game, I think them not publicly backing him/coming out to say his job is secure or not, inferred he’d be gone by the Spurs game. Let’s not forget every journo up and down the land doesn’t really have a clue or an inside scoop on NUFC matters and I can’t see that changing anytime soon, new owners or not. They were all doing guess work mostly thinking that would be the first thing they would do. The fact they haven’t kind of proves my point.

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

Bruce has had them in training today, he must be trying to impress the new gaffa

!!!!

Him playing the assiduous leader card has me more wound up than his usual laziness. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yep, said pretty much exactly this last week. They aren't looking at this situation through the eyes of us fans who are sick of Bruce's shit. Objectively, time is on their side to make the right decision. 

What were most worried about is not the situation right now but what is forthcoming. If we don't get something at Palace, were losing to Chelsea and the 3point gap will be extended with harder games than we've had. Then patience will have to go, so why wait.

I think were between time being on the regime's side and our nervousness at this moment by one game.

20 minutes ago, Ben said:

What a fraud man. No more off days now I presume. Was the suit yesterday part of the new professional Bruce too? Ridiculous stuff.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Palace is, quite frankly, must win.

They are full of energy and running under Vieira thanks to the 2 a day sessions he installed since taking over. We'll get run into the ground man. God help us.

8 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

What were most worried about is not the situation right now but what is forthcoming. If we don't get something at Palace, were losing to Chelsea and the 3point gap will be extended with harder games than we've had. Then patience will have to go, so why wait.

I think were between time being on the regime's side and our nervousness at this moment by one game.

Unless we have a new manager lined up, sacking Bruce isn't likely to change the results. Jones or any caretaker won't be able to turn this lot around in the space of a few weeks, most of them look like they need a full pre-season's training. 

If anything should seal his fate it was the decision to bring Shelvey on. At that stage we needed more possession and a cool calm head in the game, so who does he turn to? A man with the calming influence of a firework launched into a digging area. He doesn’t even know his players mentality. 

But there again much like tactics, I bet he “doesn’t do” sport psychology.

Edited by BennyBlanco

22 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I seriously doubt they specifically told anyone he’d be gone by the Spurs game, I think them not publicly backing him/coming out to say his job is secure or not, inferred he’d be gone by the Spurs game. Let’s not forget every journo up and down the land doesn’t really have a clue or an inside scoop on NUFC matters and I can’t see that changing anytime soon, new owners or not. They were all doing guess work mostly thinking that would be the first thing they would do. The fact they haven’t kind of proves my point.

Or the fact they haven't just shows their indecisiveness.

Caulkin clearly has an "in" with Staveley, I don't think that can be denied; he said several times over Bruce would be gone by Spurs. I doubt he'd have said that unless briefed by Staveley.

5 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Caulkin clearly has an "in" with Staveley, I don't think that can be denied; he said several times over Bruce would be gone by Spurs. I doubt he'd have said that unless briefed by Staveley.

He doesn’t really, none of them do, I doubt they would have told anyone that Bruce would be gone by the Spurs game!

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He doesn’t really, none of them do, I doubt they would have told anyone that Bruce would be gone by the Spurs game!

I don't understand why you don't think he's cosy with Staveley.

He's as good as confirmed (previously) on the Athletic podcast that he got all of his "no red flags" info from Staveley. He was the only journalist to get a sit down interview with her when PIF initially pulled out.

She is most definitely his source on all things consortium/nufc related when it comes to high level information and decisions.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

14 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

If anything should seal his fate it was the decision to bring Shelvey on. At that stage we needed more possession and a cool calm head in the game, so who does he turn to? A man with the calming influence of a firework launched into a digging area. He doesn’t even know his players mentality. 

But there again much like tactics, I bet he “doesn’t do” sport psychology.

Ironic that the player that likes Bruce the most fucked him over by accident

17 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

What's the point in getting wound up about the exact timing of Bruce's sacking on the back of what we THINK Staveley might have told George?