Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Neville spoke of getting sacked himself then sacking managers for Salford but said the clubs treatment of Bruce is unfair, I would put the fucker on gardening leave until his contract runs out and let him wait three year for his full payout 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Thought Carragher was fairly right tbh. Not arsed about the 'deserving a pay off' craic. But he was, the Bruce situation is a borderline shambles.

He's also right about feeding the media anything. 

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It’s “inhuman” the treatment of Bruce apparently - here’s a suggestion, why don’t you just resign 

Bruce is inhuman. State of the man. Tasked with motivating and leading athletes by example :bruce:

OK Shelvey is no athlete……… but you get my point.

Edited by PauloGeordio

Carragher and Neville still absolutely refusing to lay much, if any, blame at Bruce's door. Carragher showing clips of systematic dreadful defending, highlighting the very kind fixture list and the worst he can come up with is "he's going to do well to keep his job" or words to that effect. Completely absolving him of blame, he's had 5 transfer windows, 28 months in the job and nearly £100m net to spend after he took over a fully functioning, highly organised machine. He's totally fucked it and he's getting away with the fucking lot. It's a fucking disgrace tbh. 

Just now, midds said:

Carragher and Neville still absolutely refunding to lay much, if any, blame at Bruce's door. Carragher showing clips of systematic dreadful defending, highlighting the very kind fixture list and the worst he can come up with is "he's going to do well to keep his job" or words to that effect. Completely absolving him of blame, he's had 5 transfer windows, 28 months in the job and nearly £100m net to spend see he took over a fully functioning, highly organised machine. He's totally fucked it and he's getting away with the fucking lot. It's a fucking disgrace tbh. 

I took that was more or less a massively passive way of saying he should be sacked. He should however have gone into more detail; he mentioned 3 of our back 4 yesterday were playing for us in the Championship in 2016/17, who's picking them though when Schar is on the bench? Also we were a solid defensive unit under the predecessing manager with the same centre backs, that doesn't get mentioned. But aye, don't mind what Carragher said at all personally, the owners deserve criticism for not getting shot of this cunt.

Every day that passes I get more and more annoyed that this cunt isn’t gone yet. 

We need change, and it needs to come fast. Right now we’re on a fast track to relegation, we won’t win another match with Bruce in charge, we don’t have time to fuck around. This indecisiveness and/or time biding is costing us crucial points, and that will include any points from Saturday if he’s still there.

3 minutes ago, BlackandWhite said:

Every day that passes I get more and more annoyed that this cunt isn’t gone yet. 

We need change, and it needs to come fast. Right now we’re on a fast track to relegation, we won’t win another match with Bruce in charge, we don’t have time to fuck around. This indecisiveness and/or time biding is costing us crucial points, and that will include any points from Saturday if he’s still there.

hAvE pAtIeNcE tO mAkE tHe RiGhT dEcIsIoN #wAiT

I genuinely don't mind what they said tbh. The 'deserves better' patter, meh, water off a duck's arse. The owners missed a gaping open goal but not jettisoning Bruce and they are continuing to miss it now. Put Jones in caretaker charge until we can get someone in, it's utterly hindering the club.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I wonder if any of them could explain what's happened to Bruce that is out of the ordinary. As I recall it was Everton fans that were threatening Rafa and his family with a bedsheet, but that was only in the news the day it happened. Bruce has had a handful of games with people chanting for him to go, which happens at every club when the manager is doing shit. For most of his tenure he hasn't even had to deal with fans in the ground.

Edited by Kimbo

Lots of chat about whether he deserves a pay off or not from his mates, which is odd given all managers get one when sacked. Which makes me wonder whether behind the scenes they are trying to work out a way not to pay him? Clutching at straws i know, but him staying makes me more miserable and driven to insanity by the second. 

Steve Bruce ended the whirlwind week of Newcastle’s takeover with a trip to the West End to watch The Tina Turner Musical. Witnesses said the Toon boss was out of his seat dancing to the songs of Tina — and with the prospect of an £8m pay-off, who could blame him? 

Simply a pest 

1 minute ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Steve Bruce ended the whirlwind week of Newcastle’s takeover with a trip to the West End to watch The Tina Turner Musical. Witnesses said the Toon boss was out of his seat dancing to the songs of Tina — and with the prospect of an £8m pay-off, who could blame him? 

Simply a pest 

Nice.