Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Sean said:

By most accounts the delay is that PIF need to sign any decisions off at the moment, and they haven't as yet. I think Staveley, Ghodoussi and Jamie Reuben would have all had him out the door last week.

We need a management structure in place quickly, but I don't think it's time to panic yet.

In that case they need to get their shit in a pile and sort the cunt asap. Every week they delay increases the chances of going down. It's a very realistic prospect and they need to act immediately. 

This talk about following the correct process is strange considering they're following one that no other functioning club would ever follow.

You sack the manager first, you don't keep a manager who knows he's on the way out, whose presence alone negatively affects the team and fans, whose position is undermined with the players, and who is in a shocking run of form.

It's very obvious straight away that these are not football people and that they need to get some people in who are. It seems the problem is chicken and egg in that because they're not football people, they don't know who to turn to.

Edited by kisearch

Im not concerned yet - but if they dont announce a DOF 1st and then just sack Bruce, you have to wonder why the delay?  I could understand it if the delay was whilst they found a DOF and then finding a manager that the DOF and team agree with.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The transfer window is going to be fun if it takes them this long to get rid of Bruce 😂

You really are relentless in your negativity aren’t you? 😁 Do you not understand that the club has literally ZERO footballing executives in place? They have owned the club for 10 days. Bruce IS leaving. They’re just getting things aligned. Things aren’t always as simple as making things happen immediately because Twitter says it needs to.

Just have some patience (and trust) man. You’re working yourself into a frenzy over something you have no understanding of.

Guest reefatoon

Has to go tomorrow. If he is still in place this time tomorrow then the blithering around in keeping him here is going to fuck us. A decision has to be made.

Love a good Hopey 10pm evening exclusive :thup:  Reading between the lines I reckon Hayden is the one who is questioning Bruce's tactics. Already has before on the pitch one match when seen asking bench that nobody knows what they're doing. Bruce also hung Hayden out to dry the other week for Ronaldos goal so there must be some friction. 

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

This talk about following the correct process is strange considering they're following one that no other functioning club would ever follow.

You sack the manager first, you don't keep a manager who knows he's on the way out, whose presence alone negatively affects the team and fans, whose position is undermined with the players, and who is in a shocking run of form.

It's very obvious straight away that these are not football people and that they need to get some people in who are. It seems that problem is chicken and egg in that because they're not football people, they don't know who to turn to.

:thup: You don't look for a Director of whatever the fuck when the team is suffering as much as it is because of the manager. You bin the manager, put a caretaker in charge if needs be before you find your replacement. To me there is need to panic, we could be looking at 13 games without a win with our fixtures. That can change by getting rid of Bruce but it needs to be done and done now.

I known that the takeover caught them by surprise and literally happened overnight but they had 18 months beforehand to have a rough plan of how they should handle the management structure. If Bruce is still here at the weekend then I'm afraid that this will be an awful start from them. They are fiddling while Rome burns down to the ground.

4 minutes ago, midds said:

In that case they need to get their shit in a pile and sort the cunt asap. Every week they delay increases the chances of going down. It's a very realistic prospect and they need to act immediately. 

I'm only trying to stay  positive as I've been negative enough for years. He does need to go ASAP no doubt about it though

Bruce has always been a major part of what's wrong with the club, Ashley was obviously the main issue but Bruce has been stinking up the club far too long. The takeover seems to have exacerbated the issue and made it worse, the self destruction has hit critical mass and he needs to be jettisoned for any fire fighting to be done now. The longer he is here, the longer it takes the next guy to fumigate the place and undo the damage caused. Whether someone is lined up or not, his mere presence is causing serious damage to the club now.

Sacking Bruce would actually buy the consortium a bit more time in terms of alleviating the pressure on themselves to find the right manager and DoF/ whatever.

Keeping Bruce there just makes it more urgent and is also meaning there is more pressure from fans because him being there still is making us twitchy.

He needs to go and we can all chill a bit and all pull in the right direction, even if results are bad for a bit. 

Edited by LV

The delay is clearly because the owners want to get the right people and a working structure in place. It’s just frustrating for all of us because we have seen how shite we are and know things can’t improve until there’s a change of manager 

I totally understand that they've got some huge decisions to make. The CEO and sporting director will be responsible for the direction of the club for the foreseeable future. Until we get those people in, footballing decisions may be slow.

Even with that in mind, it is utterly bizarre that Bruce is still in charge. A variety of reasons have been offered by the media, but none of them stack up. You have a toxic influence, that could dramatically decrease the value of their new asset. Football experience or otherwise, it's an absolute no brainer of a decision, peddle him and deal with the consequences later.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think they'll make the right calls soon which is ultimately the most important thing, but the situation is annoying, counterproductive, and getting worse.

Surely they can convince the 2 Steves to stick around with Jones for a bit while this gets sorted?

The 2 Steves can fuck off anarl tbh

As much use as a concrete kite the pair of them. 

3 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Tomorrow there is no training ( I know) so if he isn't called in and fired then, then its not going to be before the weekend, IMHO

Gonna take the new manager 2 months to get these fat fucks fit for a game ffs 

3 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Tomorrow there is no training ( I know) so if he isn't called in and fired then, then its not going to be before the weekend, IMHO

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At this point can someone let us know when they actually train. This is a premier league club for goodness sake.