Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

I'm sorry lads I can't get it right to the min,but trust me has has been releived of his duties

If correct (god I hope and trust you are), then the delay indicates what I said earlier, that they're waiting to get the new manager concluded also and announce both at once. It's only 7pm, plenty of time :aww:

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

NUFC scout tonight said oh he will be sacked soon, but since the owners have come in, it’s all very secretive unless it’s them engaging with staff in letting them all know they will be backed and supported, thanked for their work and they will know future plans once they nail that sort of stuff down. Btw, since we were taken over the number of NUFC and especially SAFC scouts at kids’ footy has increased quite a lot in terms of numbers and frequency, I’ve never known them to attend training sessions and friendlies before unless their own players are playing in said friendlies with their Saturday/Sunday teams. I feel SAFC especially will be targeting a lot of kids even more now knowing they will be left with the ‘scraps’ following our takeover, where as in my experience over the last few years, SAFC were the top dogs academy wise in recruiting kids for their academies, half of them are Geordies for example. I know several at SAFC who are also at NUFC and Boro and they have told SAFC and Boro they have decided their kids will be sticking with NUFC only from now on and that the other two have been asking parents to decide which club their kid wants to be at and to decide once and for all. 

I would be properly fucking stoked if I had a kid in NUFC academy right now. Absolutely buzzing.

Just now, cubaricho said:

I would be properly fucking stoked if I had a kid in NUFC academy right now. Absolutely buzzing.

I wouldn’t, because they will phase out a lot of those kids who so many, really, shouldn’t be there, and the better ones who should, will eventually be replaced by talent from all over the U.K. and the wider world as has happened at Chelsea and Man City for example. Ironically our takeover will benefit SAFC and Boro and even Gateshead and other regional clubs here in the NE because the talent will trickle down, it all bodes well for the NE in general in the long term (of course mostly NUFC), but short term, there will be a negative effect for many a promising young kid already at NUFC when they get released. SAFC have already suspended some of their under 8s/9s sessions for a few weeks as they want to review things which basically means they will be looking at trying to get kids to sign for them and get rid of a lot of others ready for a fresh new batch in their quest to try and get in early before the gears change at NUFC with our own academy.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He's still at the training ground apparently. He was already there when Staveley and Jamie Reuben arrived but none of them have left yet. Hes apparently locked himself in the cold store and wont come out.

Source?

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He's still at the training ground apparently. He was already there when Staveley and Jamie Reuben arrived but none of them have left yet. Hes apparently locked himself in the cold store and wont come out.

Clearly a protest about the reduction of bacon in the lunch orders

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Almost believed it until you said Bruce is at the training ground. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Danh1 said:

Almost believed it until you said Bruce is at the training ground. 

Aye, absolutely nowt gets him off his couch on a day off.