Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Delighted that he’s left, for footballing reasons. An obviously poor manager, a poor tactician, and all round failure.

But I wish him well. I do think he probably is a very nice bloke. He’s not remotely at the top of my dislike list of those associated with NUFC in the last few years.

Just now, ManDoon said:

McClaren was a nice bloke, a terrible manager but he was a decent guy for sure, unlike Bruce. 

I know. I had the pleasure of meeting him quite a few times. Genuinely lovely guy. Know one or two people who know Bruce and say he’s a lovely guy. I have no reason to doubt that.

Sadly, being nice doesn’t win football matches. Else McClaren would have won us the league.

Remember this corker from Mr. Nice Guy

He might just about keep Newcastle up but we won’t let Steve Bruce evict our member, Zahra, a mum of 2 kids who were hospitalised due to the mould and damp in the home they rent from him.

Looks like Steve has been spending too much time with Mike Ashley🤔 https://t.co/6hXxPWOWaQ

— ACORN UK (@ACORNunion) May 2, 2021

🚩 Our members turned out for yesterday's May Day action to support Zahra – a single mom of two kids who were hospitalised due to infected eczema caused by mould and damp in their rented home. 🪡⤵️ pic.twitter.com/LIv57fpIhy

— ACORN Birmingham (@AcornBirmingham) May 2, 2021

AcornProtestSJP-980x735.jpg

32 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I know. I had the pleasure of meeting him quite a few times. Genuinely lovely guy. Know one or two people who know Bruce and say he’s a lovely guy. I have no reason to doubt that.

Sadly, being nice doesn’t win football matches. Else McClaren would have won us the league.

Had the pleasure of meeting McClaren at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

8 hours ago, RS said:

Judging by the comments on the bbc site about his sacking we are universally hated and deserve relegation for the way we treated £8m richer than yesterday Bruce. 

Yeah I had a look earlier. Rank it by highest rated. Insane levels of hate. Fuck em.

Some in the media are treating this like this is on the same level as Saka over the summer. It's fucking abysmal. My Facebook feed is full of this horse shit.

If you keep on saying that you kept your dignity, I will automatically become skeptical about it. Perhaps I'm just old school and think that parading your dignity around is not exactly dignified.

God, these people are two parts odious and three parts moronic.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10113579/Steve-Bruce-sacked-8m-payoff-toxic-atmosphere-defeat-Spurs.html

£8mil Million pay off - the man should be thanking the fans !!!  

Bruce, meanwhile, told The Telegraph in an interview on Wednesday: ‘I think this might be my last job. By the time I got to Newcastle, I thought I could handle everything thrown at me but it has been very, very tough

Aye because you just won the lottery Bruce !!

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

No Oliver Holt's always been on his side though I think reading it gives a different impression

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7268389/OLIVER-HOLT-truth-Steve-Bruce-good-Newcastle-not-way-round.html

'Fans are missing the target... the truth is that Steve Bruce is too good for Newcastle, not the other way round'

Daily Mail. Nuff said

First time in here today and.... YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

Delighted that the inept cabbage-headed prick has finally gone, good riddance you knobhead.

And how fitting that it's the 25th anniversary of the 5-0, a day when 'boyhood fan' Bruce was visibly mortified in the Sky Sports studio. Fuck off and take your media spooners with you.

GET IN!

His final opportunity yesterday to win over the fans and he did what he has done since day one, tarred us all with the same brush and insulted us.

Wallsend boy clubs Steve Bruce never got involved with the grass routes in the area (like a certain Spanish fella did) he never mixed or spent time in the area in his entire time here he did one radio Newcastle interview and gave a few quid to the foodbank.

Edwards is trying to convince everyone that Bruce is the victim and because he was the mouthpiece of a failing regime he needs respect and dignity. Nothing could be further from the truth Bruce was part of the prom from day one he's a patsy and a coward.

His reward was to have his master pay him £8 million with someone else's money, I'm a genuine bloke that doesn't wish ill on anyone, but fuck Bruce, he danced with the devil and won at the expense of the people and the area he's from.

He was right about one thing though, if his parents were alive they would be very disappointed. 

Edited by Ben

7 hours ago, midds said:

I'll happily admit to not giving him a chance based purely on the fact he didn't deserve a chance. His managerial CV is measly, tattered and barren as fuck and he simply didn't warrant an appointment at any PL club. He's achieved precisely nothing as a manager, absolutely zero, he's a proven failure. 

Every Newcastle fan knew he was going to fail and the only question was how long it would take. He inherited a very encouraging, disciplined, organised and motivated team and his complete lack of ability and nefarious personality gradually undid all of the good Rafa had ingrained in the squad. The lack of fans last season helped to paper over the cracks for a while and, for anyone monitoring the table rather than actually watching matches, it appeared as if he was "doing a great job". The fans, as ever, can see beyond that and know what's actually happening. The connection broke irrevocably and the horrible cunt seemed determined to cast himself as a pariah. 

I feel a sense of relief I'll never have to see or listen to the fat, gormless galoot ever again. The money spent getting him out is probably the best cash the new regime will ever spend. I couldn't give a fuck what he does or where he washes up next. I'm just glad the vile fuckwit is out and he'll never be our problem ever again. He's the past, Fonseca appears to be the future :aww:

An excellent post and sums up the situation perfectly.

And I also applaud the use of galoot. 

Let the sporting public tell themselves this hard done by fantasy, we as fans know the truth of the situation. We don't have to justify his sacking or the conduct of the fans to anyone. It will make any success we have all the sweeter. 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

At first, for me anyway, it was not the character of the man. That came later. I knew how shit he´s record as manager was, and of course he had no business managing in the premier league anymore.  I did not know beforehand was what a snidy, egoistic weasel he actually is. 

It was what he represented. Polar opposite of the appointment of Rafa.

Rafa was loved here because he represented hope, ambition, professionalism and actual care for the club.
For a moment you could almost think that we could go somewhere even under Mike Ashlely, if Rafa had he´s way.
He had a clear plan how to play and had long-term plans how to take the club forward. It was great us-against-them mentality. I, for one, loved it when Neville was crying about the way Rafa beat  Man City. This is how we play, this is our team, f*** off.

Appointment of Bruce was the polar opposite. No clear plan how to play, just "ticking along" and making up the numbers.  No identity, no professionalism, snidy remarks of fans and previous manager (i´ve never ever seen that happen anywhere). From day one he could never accept any responsibility or take any criticism.
Complete embarrassment. He was the perfect image of the Ashley era. Slow death of a club. I don't care how lovely he might be to he´s family and friends, but as a football manager he comes across as unlikable you can.  And what i have seen, the fans of he´s previous clubs have the same opinion.

Then i have to read and listen from every media-outlet what a great manager and lovely fellow he is. Just one big lie after another.

I´ve been more angry than i was under Pardew. I dislike him more than Pardew. I did not think it would ever be possible.

He managed Villa and Birmingham, both Sheffield teams, mackems and Newcastle. Loss for words.

But here we go. He is history. Lets forget him. Because now, we can have an actual manager.

Sorry about my grammar etc. I know it has all been said 1000 times,  but i just had to write this for my own - therapeutic - sake.

One of the things that upset me the most about Pardew’s time here was how easy a ride the fans gave him for so long despite his ineptitude and shithousery. I’m happy that the fans seem to have figured Bruce out quickly and acted upon it. You need that sense of pride and standards to keep club progressing no matter who the owners are.

Could tell after 2 games when he played his preferred 5-3-2, got turned over by Norwich and then dropped it for Benitez’s 5-2-3 that he was going to be shite. 

Then of course having the audacity to say the players were too entrenched in Benitez’s style for him to change it ‘overnight’. :lol:

I say after two games, you just had to look at his CV before he came here what to expect.

Edited by Optimistic Nut