Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

He just fucking useless. Players like him because he's that shite supply teacher that gives you a free pass and his media PR is about on par with Moira Hindley. Less said about his football methods the better. Another jobs for the boys cretin our club is happy to put on a ill earned pedestal to serve the whims of Tatshop Sauron.

33 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Judging by the brucey give us a wave chant and Sunday's attendance, many are.

People must be stuck behind him because we can't fucking get passed him.

What an absolute embarasment he and this shell of a club is. Those quotes are so horrific, demeaning and insulting to almost every manager player and fan that has come before him. Not surprising I suppose but still hurts to hear the truth.

This club now doesnt just operate to simply survive in the premier league with minimal cost every year it now openely celebrates that achievement and goal like it is something they and we should be proud of.

A wonderful coming out party for what used to be a beloved proud and inspiring football club. I wanted to borrow some balloons from my neighbor's sons birthday party last week to celebrate but they said I had to buy my own. Cheapskates.

4 minutes ago, BlackandWhite said:

Nothing has ever summed up the lack of ambition this club has better than that 'top of our league' quote. Whoa.

It’s a great loser quote. Any team finishing above you is out of your league, so you’re always top of the league.

The real pity is, I actually like the squad mostly. One or two stooges apart, they're a really likeable and talented bunch and in a parallel universe under a humble and ambitious owner and a progressive coaching setup, i'd be relatively excited at what they could achieve. What a shame we're being run by the fat fucking gangster Jabba the Hutt and one of his useless fat Gamorrean Guards is lumbering around squealing and doing the coaching.

He just can't speak English very well.

Last season there were a group of teams fighting for CL, a group battling relegation and a group in the middle. We finished top of the relegation league when a realistic target for this season (and last) is to compete with the middle group of teams.

Where do people think a good manager could get this group of players vs. Bruce with the same fitness/injury record out of interest, what's the ceiling?  Gotta be honest, we finished 10 behind Villa, 14 behind Leeds/Everton...I don't think a good manager catches them considering they've all strengthened more  :joey:

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Where do people think a good manager could get this group of players vs. Bruce with the same fitness/injury record out of interest, what's the ceiling?  Gotta be honest, we finished 10 behind Villa, 14 behind Leeds/Everton...I don't think a good manager catches them considering they've all strengthened more  :joey:

With a fair wind and barring major injuries, between 9-11th.

So the top 6 are uncatchable Villa, Everton, Leeds and Leicester are above our league there are teams in the premiership that have pedigree and have been here for a few seasons so really success is 17th 

“I think it's fair to say the club has gone beyond what I thought they could already. We have a full quota of 25 players.”

He wasn’t even expecting Willock and was still happy. Get to fuck you fat cuckold

Even when you manage to muster up an iota of excitement for the new season and a pinch of interest in watching the team to see how they get on, this guy just opens his mouth and spouts the most ridiculously offensive stuff you could ever imagine. 

Top of our league? This man is not right in the head. And still talking about how we can't change over night over two years into the job. Hope we get battered and continue to do so until he is sacked off.

45 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Such a fucking defeatist isn't he. Perfect manager for Ashley. He's here until he dies the fat fucking cunt.

He just lowers our expectations that much that anything higher than 17th is acceptable. Can't wait for the day he's not our manager anymore. 

What a bellend of a man. And we're going to have all his chummy pundit mates telling us we expect too much. Can't wait!

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

Newly promoted Leeds were out of our league :mackems:

This useless fat lump has no standards to speak of, and certainly no pride in the club or he would never dream of talking in such humiliating terms. 

Then he wonders why we miss the Mighty Rafa. 

https://statsbomb.com/2021/08/newcastle-united-season-preview-2021-22/ is a good piece focusing on what's changed last season Viz-1.png?w=800&ssl=1

"A run of W2-D0-L8 at the start of 2021 was Newcastle’s worst spell of the season, but it was then followed by their best. From the start of February to the end of the season, Newcastle picked up 20 points, winning five of their last eight to power them up the league table. The team switched shape to either a 4-4-2 diamond or a 4-3-3 and were comparatively more front-footed than earlier in the season. The change seemed to coincide with the arrival of first-team coach Graeme Jones, who you may recognise as a member of Gareth Southgate’s coaching staff during the EURO 2020 tournament this summer.

The changes provided Callum Wilson with support up front and allowed Miguel Almirón to have more of an influence on the game, getting on the ball in more central areas. More importantly, it allowed their wide players to thrive and be more direct. Allan Saint-Maximin returned from injury to finish the season up front, alongside Wilson but allowed to roam across the front and dribble or carry the ball over distance. This is apparent when comparing the plots of his carries: in Newcastle’s more reactive system he’d start his carries around the halfway line, thus with more players to beat and more distance to cover. After the system change, he started receiving possession in the channels in the opposition half and was isolating 1v1 vs his defender more often than previously. This is a beneficial situation for any player to work with, let alone an exciting wide player like Saint-Maximin."

"It was mostly their attacking metrics that improved. While they became more proactive without the ball than they had been previously, they still ranked as one of the lowest-block teams in the league. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing; there are plenty of examples of teams (Wolves in 2019/20 for one) who have played counter-attacking football to great success. However, going on last season, it’s not clear that Newcastle have the capabilities to do that: allowing the opposition to monopolise the ball under little duress moves defenders deeper… and then you have the same issues we saw from August to January. Newcastle need to find ways to better taper off their periods of high pressure with lower block defending."