Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Fact that Sunderland under Bruce and Newcastle under Bruce are pretty much identical in terms of actual points gained and finishing league position - Sunderland I think have a 2 point cushion on us -  makes it quite useful. We're Sunderland 10 years ago to a tee 

The choice of Kraft and Clark in that starting 11, is just another example of the already huge list of why that fat useless cunt should be nowhere near this or any premier league level club. The fact that he is defended by a fucking balloon of a person and reporter is another to add to the reasons to hate the cunt. 

Bruce completely fucked us when he replaced Shelvey. I'm glad he took Shelvey off but you have to change the system then too and not just start swapping players out. There was a ten or so minute spell where the CBs would get the ball and look at the glaring empty spot where Shelvey would've been - no one was told to take up that position (or to look elsewhere for a pass) and we lost any chance of gaining momentum again.

Edited by cubaricho

53 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Bruce completely fucked us when he replaced Shelvey. I'm glad he took Shelvey off but you have to change the system then too and not just start swapping players out. There was a ten or so minute spell where the CBs would get the ball and look at the glaring empty spot where Shelvey would've been - no one was told to take up that position (or to look elsewhere for a pass) and we lost any chance of gaining momentum again.

As soon as it was 2-2 we should have brought Longstaff in for Shelvey. Placed Hayden in the DCM role and we’d instantly have had more energy in the midfield.  But alas, didn’t happen. 

I’d really like to see us go back to a back 4 and play real fullbacks like Lewis and Manquillo. I’d like to see us go with a midfield 3 of Miggy, Hayden and Willock. And up top Wilson central with Maxi and 1 of Joelinton or Fraser. 

I’m not a fan of Almiron at centre midfield as it doesn’t make the most of his thrust on the counter. However, I thought he did a good job in the first half especially. He’s also one of the only players we have who can complete Shelvey’s running as well as his own.

In Cabbage Heed’s team, we’re likely to see more of Miggy in the middle, which isn’t really his game and he’ll have poor games when he’s criticised for Bruce’s failings. Good times.

10 hours ago, Mattoon said:

One of the reasons I think Jones would be a better option than Bruce, at least he'd train them more than twice a week, at least they'd get some decent sessions and at least build up some stamina. Bruce has our lot looking like asthmatic geriatrics by the 60th minute, we're completely gassed out, less soft tissue injuries and less nail biting in games we're 1 or 2 up.

I wasn't watching at the start of last season and not really watching now but one noticeable thing from last season was how strongly we finished games in the latter part of the season, I found it odd at the time actually.  Wonder if it was luck rather than good planning on the fitness side.

I was surprised last season how poor some teams were against us. We’re so weak and disorganised defensively, if any amount of pressure is put on us, we’ll concede.

Teams didn’t always do that and we coasted to some victories. West Ham did that yesterday and we crumbled like a sack of shit.

We’ll be involved in a lot of 4/5/6 goal games (but in defeat). Bruce propagandists will claim it as bad luck due to his attacking style of football. People with a brain will recognise it’s because we have no tactical plan and are reliant on our individual players.

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

yeah i've just found the tweet,

the fella is a journlaist ffs. why cant he be objective.?

just too close to bruce and lord knows why.

how the fuck did their relationship start?

just such a bizarre non-stop sticking up for bruce no matter what the reality is.

There's too many others like that aswell though. Unbelievable how many pundits stick up for him. Always blame the fans too. Look at what John Barnes said, if it goes tits up it's the fans fault basically. We can't win. 

I didn't watch the match. Seen the half time and full time score and didn't feel a thing. I've totally lost the love I had for the club and can't see it ever changing. I refuse to watch this shitshow this season,  not that I watched much last mind. Fuck it all

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Controversial but I prefer pardew. At least pardew was just outwardly a smug arrogant prick. Bruce tries to play this “hey guys I’m nice and sound and salt of the earth” shit that is much worse 

Hard to disagree with this.  Time may have diluted my dislike of Pardew, but I'm guilty of appreciating him for a spell when he was here and that season when we finished fifth I thought that we might be on to something with him.  Also, as you say, Pardew never really went out of his way to hide the fact that he was a smug wanker.

Bruce is just a cunt in sheep's clothing.

Guest neesy111
46 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Controversial but I prefer pardew. At least pardew was just outwardly a smug arrogant prick. Bruce tries to play this “hey guys I’m nice and sound and salt of the earth” shit that is much worse 

Same.

What's even the point of finding comparing Pardew and Bruce to find some sort of redeeming quality? Neither of them are actually football managers, they're just former players who have somehow made a living in the game after retiring. 

Don't ask me how. One should have been a window fitter, and the other should have been a brick layer. Both good professions which they would have been far better suited to.

4 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I was surprised last season how poor some teams were against us. We’re so weak and disorganised defensively, if any amount of pressure is put on us, we’ll concede.

Teams didn’t always do that and we coasted to some victories. West Ham did that yesterday and we crumbled like a sack of shit.

The teams lack of energy and pressing is infectious....other teams see how simply they can get in and around and end up easing up taking it for granted that they'll score.

Basically we bore them in to making mistakes

I think, maybe wrongly, part of Pardew wanted to kick the club forward, even if for his own benefit - like winning something, and was frustrated - I think I remember feeling he was very disappointed to lose Cabaye, but had to say otherwise outwardly.

Bruce, a self-professed fan of this club, 100% comfortably goes along with whatever the regime say or do with relish.

Pardew's like a used car salesman you can entertain and keep at arms length cos both you and him know hes a c**t but Bruce plays the pathetic, pity card and disarm you but ultimately despite your hiring him and giving him extended paid compassionate leave he'll thank you by stabbing you in the back at a drop of a hat to work for a scumbag.