Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

It's terrible to judge people by their looks and so on but every time I see the fucker I just feel angry, he's an absolute embarrassment.

An unkempt shambling charlatan, the Boris Johnson of football.

15 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Is Bruce the current fattest manager in the league? 

Has to be. 

in fact, find me a manager in the English professional football leagues that is as fat and unfit as him.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

The thing about Bruce is if he's got a squad of players who like him (ie the handful he signs everywhere he goes) his one 'tactic' of slapping backs and 'getting the lads up for it' at least has a chance of working. 

When he's got a squad who either are better than him, or just don't look up to him, then it winds up with a side who look completely without heart. 

When we conceded first under him I never felt we'd get back into games because the heart wasn't there and on the pitch there was no organisation other than running fast and what the players could put together themselves. 

Any good that came from that always seemed to me to be despite Bruce, not because of him. 

He reminds me a bit of a supply teacher you'd get in school. Won't really teach you anything, will try and be pally with you and let everyone just muck around.

Probably is popular with a lot of the players especially after coming in after someone as intense and demanding as Rafa. 

20 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Has to be. 

in fact, find me a manager in the English professional football leagues that is as fat and unfit as him.

Steve Evans. Must be in the name.

It beyond a joke now that this complete fucking fraud is still head coach at our club, or any club for that matter. When you consider that some actual managers are out of work while this guy robs a living, it's incredible, surely we could offer short-term (1-2 year contracts) to someone and they'd take it? At this point there's very few I'd put below Bruce on ability and if he stays we will be relegated 100%

I try to ignore the club with everything as it stands. We're an unambitious, also-ran shell of anything we used to be, it feel like death throws at every turn and I just can't fathom anyone at all having anything but contempt, feeling fury at the mess of what's left of us.

Why aren't we launching Bruce out of the nearest exit and bringing in someone else? How hard can it be to steady a ship enough to work towards the top end of the bottom half of the table? The team/squad is good enough for that, they just need a manager who uses them correctly and has half an ounce of tactical awareness. The mind fucking boggles.

IMO this season is going to go a similar way of 2019-20. We lost our first two games that season to garbage/average opposition too, we've just traded a decent defence and non existent attack for a non existent defence and decent attack. We won the third game on 2019-20 at Tottenham, Bruce needs to beat Southampton next week both for himself and for the club, especially as Southampton will probs lose tomorrow at home to Man United. Win next week and I'll be confident we won't go down. Fail to win and I'll start to get worried.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

IMO this season is going to go a similar way of 2019-20. We lost our first two games that season to garbage/average opposition too, we've just traded a decent defence and non existent attack for a non existent defence and decent attack. We won the third game on 2019-20 at Tottenham, Bruce needs to beat Southampton next week both for himself and for the club, especially as Southampton will probs lose tomorrow at home to Man United. Win next week and I'll be confident we won't go down. Fail to win and I'll start to get worried.

You're being far too optimistic imo

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

You're being far too optimistic imo

Probably tbh. Watched it today, fucking dreadful. Villa were awful yet still were able to beat us 2-0. Worrying signs. I may be clutching at straws looking at the past but the past with fans in is the only benchmark I can draw, last season barely counts to me as imo he would've gone if fans had been in during that 22 or whatever run of 2 wins. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

His contract is up at the end of this season and though there were rumours in the papers of a new 3 year deal, nothing materialised.

A really bad start could maybe see him removed from the position I think, and my God would I love that so much. Yes, even if it means Jones is the one to take over.

This guy just has to go. He is ridiculously inept, and on top of that he is always talking absolute rubbish making things all the more infuriating.

Having said all that ... I fully expect a new deal to be announced this week coming.

He'll have some sort of rolling contract, no doubt, but one that invariably means he can't be binned without paying him and the feckless sycophants next to him in the dugout an extortionate amount of money

For support, just read this in one of our forums. 

Steve Bruce @ Villa Park.  2021. 

" We trained all week in dry conditions and today at Villa Park the rain was very wet which we didnt prepare for"

"Fucking hell man, that is golden. This bloke has made himself a millionaire from Football management."

-----

"I have heard some absolute bollox from Steve Bruce over the years but that quote has rendered me speechless."

-----

"Newcastle fan joined us for lunch today and I was on train back up north post match and chatted to a couple of Newcastle fans. They all absolutely hate Bruce"

Don't think he said the rain quote, an ITK posted it 7 mins after the final whistle. Didn't think you got quotes that soon after a game? The club interview nor the Sky one mention it so there's no video evidence 

3 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Was the away support spineless today or did the heffa get any shit today?

They booed the BLM kneeling gesture supposedly, so they showed some spine there. 

Look at the clip of this thick, bloated fucking loser in his Primark suit in the interview after yet another defeat. Swaying from side to side on his fat, knackered feet complaining about how he's been hard done by after another fully deserved loss. I hope we lose the next 10 and he keels over on the touchline from the stress.