Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Are these press conferences still done by video link?

Would have been great for some journo to pipe up with ‘Don’t think you can criticise the judgment of other managers when you tried to swap Jack Grealish for Jordon Rhodes you glaky cunt.’

4 minutes ago, Wullie said:

:lol: NUFC still running this con I see. It still works I suppose so why not?

Makes that piece Edwards wrote wanting people to feel sorry for Bruce sticking by the club even more laughable. He's more than happy to be front and centre for Ashley. 

Guest HTT II

With Armstrong, the biggest thing for me with Rafa, isn't that he got rid of him, but that he didn’t spend his own money to replace him, that is unforgivable and why Bruce is such a better manager for us. Give me a wave Steve…

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

We let him go at 21 having had 2 great seasons in League 1. Of course he wasn't ready for the PL, the two amazing Championship seasons I couldn't have guessed either 

He wasn't right for Rafa's system which pretty much needs a lone forward who can hold the ball up rather than a goal poacher. He's obviously a good finisher, but let's see how he gets on at Southampton this season, it's still early days. Think he'd be more suited to a more attacking line up than we've used for the last few years. 

Liverpool sell their youth players all the time, the difference is that they get £20m for them after they've made 3 sub appearances. We have a remarkable knack of selling promise for peanuts. 

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Liverpool sell their youth players all the time, the difference is that they get £20m for them after they've made 3 sub appearances. We have a remarkable knack of selling promise for peanuts. 

We used to do this with Keegan. Being a successful side has the knock on effect of inflating the value of your fringe players. Everyone assumes they must be decent and the only reason they can't get in the side is because they have superstars standing in their way. 

But to work that policy you need to be successful, and of course too much risk to reward factor for Ashley in that approach. 

7 minutes ago, Wullie said:

In the case of Armstrong we appear to have at least negotiated a decent sell on clause. Although how that ties in with Bruce saying there is no money to spend i have no idea. :lol:

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/magpies-must-do-whatever-it-takes-to-beat-saints-says-bruce/

“(We need to do) whatever it takes to win a match. Certainly, we defended much, much better against Burnley – that has to be a given if we’re going to get anything out of the Premier League,” he said.

“I don’t think Burnley had a shot at our goal the other night – the goalkeeper didn’t make a save. That was really, really pleasing and something that we have to address to make sure we’ve got a chance in the Premier League. We can’t keep conceding the way we have done, so it was good to keep a clean sheet the other night.

“It’s probably the worst way to go out, on penalties. There’s a huge disappointment amongst (the players), as you would expect. For me they didn’t deserve it, they should have went through in 90 minutes, but it didn’t happen and we lost the lottery of a penalty shoot-out.

“We have to accept it, but the great thing about football is there is another game tomorrow. Let’s hope we can erase it by trying to get a result tomorrow.”

(Saint-Maximin) had a kick on the top of his foot, and it looks a little bit sore, but we expect him to be OK,” said Bruce.

“We’re all OK. We’ve got the same problem with the goalkeepers, but we’ve got Dummett in and around it.

“It’s touch and go for Isaac Hayden, but everybody else seems to be OK. He trained a bit yesterday, but considering he was out for a good period of time last year with a knee injury, we’ll have another look at him today and see what we think.”

“Southampton play in a certain way and it’ll be a decent game against them, that’s for sure,” he said. “I expect a tough game, like they all are, and it’s important that we get a result.

“We’ve got an international break coming up and we’d love to get some points on the board. We’ve only played two league games, so it’s still very, very early.

“We’ve had some positive things to come out of those two league games, (but) haven’t got the result which at the end of the day is what everybody needs. It would be nice to get a result before the break.”

"Can somebody tell me how to win a game. Pleeeeease"

Edited by Happinesstan

This cunt said we were poor, after the first game, and we had to put it right.

I don't know what Pep said after their first game, but before their second game the reporter asked "You said you needed to be better. What have you been working on to rectify that".

14 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

If Armstrong is such a valuable asset that Rafa shouldn't have let go then why didn't Bruce get him for half the price anyone else can buy him for?

If Armstrong had anything about him he would have told Bruce to fuck off anyway. Players must be out of their minds wanting to join this shit-show!