Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Had us sitting defending our 18 yard box for the whole game, with no pressing from the midfield. Pathetic. 

Thing is - it’s nothing new. It’s been like this for the last 3 seasons. 

“His way”

22 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You're probably right, but like fuck am I convinced on Jones as a coach and certainly not as a manager.

I’m in the same boat as this. He’s been here nearly a year now and we’ve not really improved since the first couple of games he was here. 

It’s a sad inditement that I was more pleased with Southampton’s equaliser than our potential winner.

I hate Ashley and everything he brings (or doesn’t) to this football club. But boy, is my hatred special for Bruce.

At least with Rafa I was able to see past Ashley and enjoy Newcastle again. There was a plan, a purpose, a desire to do better.

Bruce is the opposite. He’s happy to leech off the club, be Ashley’s mouthpiece and suck every piece of ambition out of the place. His pathetic football and lack of ability leads to a disease on the eye.

I’m happy for us to lose every single game until this scumbag is out of a job. If that pushes us too far and relegates us, so be it. That’ll then give Ashley what he deserves too.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It’s a sad inditement that I was more pleased with Southampton’s equaliser than our potential winner.

I hate Ashley and everything he brings (or doesn’t) to this football club. But boy, is my hatred special for Bruce.

At least with Rafa I was able to see past Ashley and enjoy Newcastle again. There was a plan, a purpose, a desire to do better.

Bruce is the opposite. He’s happy to leech off the club, be Ashley’s mouthpiece and suck every piece of ambition out of the place. His pathetic football and lack of ability leads to a disease on the eye.

I’m happy for us to lose every single game until this scumbag is out of a job. If that pushes us too far and relegates us, so be it. That’ll then give Ashley what he deserves too.

Every word of this is me.

Was driving up the A1 and my mate was updating me on the scores, I was actually angry when I found out Maxi had scored. Cushion heed’s luck has ran out. About the only thing about him that has ever run by the looks it. 

44 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I remember Rob Lee was far from impressed when he came, as his son was under him at Luton. As I said, we know Bruce is a sunday league manager, but questions have to be asked on Jones also. We look totally disjointed all over the field.

Is that not a bit bias because he didn’t think they were Championship standard though? Similar to how Mick Quinn doesn’t particularly like Keegan?

1 hour ago, STM said:

Howe is a no brainer. Even for him. Could come here for 2 seasons, sort out Bruce's mess and leave in a better place. Jones will become boss though.

Aye. If we’re going to be a lower mid-table team we might as well at least try and look good like Southampton & Brighton.

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is that not a bit bias because he didn’t think they were Championship standard though? Similar to how Mick Quinn doesn’t particularly like Keegan?

Maybe, but maybe it’s just that his son isn’t impressed either. His record at Luton was pretty poor. I know I’m certainly far from impressed as the team looks more disjointed than ever.  And yes I do realise Bruce is manager also, but I’m pretty sure it’s Jones system the team are operating to.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Maybe, but maybe it’s just that his son isn’t impressed either. His record at Luton was pretty poor. I know I’m certainly far from impressed as the team looks more disjointed than ever.  And yes I do realise Bruce is manager also, but I’m pretty sure it’s Jones system the team are operating to.

He took over a team with the smallest budget in the league and their results picked up just before Covid struck and they sacked him. Elliot Lee went from being a regular in League 1 to barely playing in the Championship. You could see why a father might have a grudge.

2 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Trying to work if there any managers that I'd prefer to have Bruce over.  I'm not convinced I can think of one.  Maybe Pulis?  But even that's a stretch.  At least Kinnear would offer some comedic value.

I'd happily take Jackie Charlton back.

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He took over a team with the smallest budget in the league and their results picked up just before Covid struck and they sacked him. Elliot Lee went from being a regular in League 1 to barely playing in the Championship. You could see why a father might have a grudge.

At the end of the day he is the one who knows what actually happened and the results at Luton were not good either overall. I’m certainly not impressed by him one bit.

Haven’t got much of an opinion either way tbh. Think the praise is over the top but not sure how you can say he’s shit either. 10 points from 5 games just before he was sacked though, first managerial job with a poor team an next to no budget suggests he could have continued after the restart though.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

and what is this fucking sytem?

other than 5 at the back, wilson up front, ASM being allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants, what is the system?

You forgot having the midfielders running around and getting stuck in.