Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Haven’t got much of an opinion either way tbh. Think the praise is over the top but not sure how you can say he’s shit either. 10 points from 5 games just before he was sacked though, first managerial job with a poor team an next to no budget suggests he could have continued after the restart though.

Teams have runs of games overall his record was poor. They have certainly improved since Nathan Jones took over. Pointless keep going over it though 👍

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

and what is this fucking sytem?

other than 5 at the back, wilson up front, ASM being allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants, what is the system?

And Almiron running around like a lost headless chicken. You’re right what system.

still fuming at his response to the questions about the chants against him.

"they're entitled to their opinion".

not an ounce of humilty from the cunt.

should have been more along the lines of, "i can understand their anger and frustration. i'm the manager and i have to take responsibilty for the performance."

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Bruce is not and never will be a good fit for Newcastle.

I don’t know why Ashley doesn’t think the same. I know his job is to keep us up but what players are we going to make a profit on? He must be near an £80m net spend? We could probably double our money on ASM but don’t think that’s anything to do with Bruce, and Fraser by default we might get £8m for but he was a £15-20m player a year before we got him. 

Schar was a probably similar at the end of that 18/19 season, Longstaff in the £25m category based on potential. Lewis was being lined up by Liverpool as Robertson’s long term replacement, he can’t even get in ahead of a Championship level winger in his favoured position. Joelinton would probably get £8-10m from a Turkish club or something if we’re lucky. Throw in the 5-10k tickets we’re down other than giveaways and surely Ashley can see now he’d have been better giving Benitez what he wanted and a bit more freedom in the transfer market.

25 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t know why Ashley doesn’t think the same. I know his job is to keep us up but what players are we going to make a profit on? He must be near an £80m net spend? We could probably double our money on ASM but don’t think that’s anything to do with Bruce, and Fraser by default we might get £8m for but he was a £15-20m player a year before we got him. 

Schar was a probably similar at the end of that 18/19 season, Longstaff in the £25m category based on potential. Lewis was being lined up by Liverpool as Robertson’s long term replacement, he can’t even get in ahead of a Championship level winger in his favoured position. Joelinton would probably get £8-10m from a Turkish club or something if we’re lucky. Throw in the 5-10k tickets we’re down other than giveaways and surely Ashley can see now he’d have been better giving Benitez what he wanted and a bit more freedom in the transfer market.

Ashley only likes yes men. 

Why is it that we always defend on the edge of our 18 yard box, no wonder we concede goals. Defend further up the pitch then you haven't got so far to go on the counter and don't have to rely on ASM carrying the ball 90 yards every time

Put this in a spoiler because it’s a Luke Edwards tweet and appreciate not everyone will want to see that guff:

Spoiler

The bloke is unreal :lol: “after 25 minutes of the second home game of the season”. Has Bruce not been in charge serving up the same shit football for two full seasons now?

What chances were these exactly? Wilson had a header saved just before HT from a corner, a 25 yard free kick from Murphy went over and Murphy also had a deflected cross tipped round. That was it :lol:

He's on another planet the fucking imbecile.

Edwards has such a hatred of Newcastle fans that he actively writes stuff to try and contradict their feelings I this case totally forgetting that this is the start of the third season of this shite 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Absolutely glorious to hear the stick this bellend got yesterday! 

Booed when he touched the ball, "We want Brucey out" and "fat mackem bastard" chants and we weren't even behind at any point. Gonna get good when we get a hammering. 

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He wouldn't exist at all if people stopped posting his shit on here.

I've said it before, the mods should ban all Edwards content and make a statement on social media explaining why, Talksport will be all over it tomorrow