Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Dunno how he's got the bare faced cheek to keep lying about Bruce being angry. Yesterday he was tweeting some nonsense that there was a shitstorm brewing, now he's dialled it down to Brucie being frustrated and seeking answers. No one will give the fat pillock any answers other than "don't like it, then feel free to fuck off".

He is absolutely disrespected and probably despised by the club hierarchy, but he's cheap and good at licking arse so will be tolerated as long as we can stay out of the relegation zone. 

The hierarchy probably doesn't even notice him any more.  Kind of like a beanbag chair that was cool when you got it but is now sloughed off into some corner. 

The impact of the transfer window on relations inside St James’ Park remains to be seen. Bruce has three years left on his contract as a result of the rolling deal he signed when he joined in 2019. Each summer the length of the deal is automatically renewed and extended to its original length. There is also a clause in his deal that guarantees him a hefty compensation package of about £4 million if the club decide they want to change manager.

Martin Hardy, The Times.

Edited by Menace

37 minutes ago, Menace said:

Martin Hardy, The Times.

for a fucking billionaire, Ashley doesnt half make some daft decisions with contracts. How is that even in Ashley's interest to set up a rolling contract like that.

it's not as if som club's gonna come along and offer to buy out his contract.

Why would anyone in their right mind offer a rolling compensation package of £4m for that useless sack of shit? It's decisions like this and forcing clubs to accept £40m for an unknown striker in the German league which make no sense whatsoever.

I know he's thick skinned but the amount of stick Bruce will take over the next few months will be a massive issue to his health and he wont go because he wants his payoff (TBF I cant blame him for that)

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

Why would anyone in their right mind offer a rolling compensation package of £4m for that useless sack of shit? It's decisions like this and forcing clubs to accept £40m for an unknown striker in the German league which make no sense whatsoever.

Ashley probably thought he was doing Bruce a favour and the Saudis would be the ones who had to pay it. Now Ashley's stuck with him and can't afford to sack him. 

It's completely unfair that Ashley has obviously washed his hands with the club and thats what the PL are supposed to protect us from. For us now it's shit or bust if the takeover goes through or not. It's our only hope

He's pretty much unsackable isn't he. Our own Steve Kean. Under Ashley, he's sacked Allardyce, Hughton and McClaren. Allardyce was before it all truly went to shit, it got a bit toxic at times and he wasn't even Ashley's choice. Hughton was for no fucking reason. McClaren was when it was too late, but his last game, at SJP, was rancid in terms of performance and atmosphere. 

Would an atmosphere and performance a la McClaren v Bournemouth make them sack this fat fucking fraud? Even then they didn't do it until the following Friday after they knew for certain that Benitez was going to take the job. And it was in March. What a shite club.

16 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Ashley probably thought he was doing Bruce a favour and the Saudis would be the ones who had to pay it. Now Ashley's stuck with him and can't afford to sack him. 

It's completely unfair that Ashley has obviously washed his hands with the club and thats what the PL are supposed to protect us from. For us now it's shit or bust if the takeover goes through or not. It's our only hope

Nothing Ashley does seems to make sense on the surface. We had the same thing with Pardew, an 8 year contract handed over under no duress whatsoever. £4m rolling compensation package for a supposedly 11th choice manager? Telling Rafa to buy Joelinton for £40m rather than spend that money himself? None of it makes any sense, but I would bet Ashley is making some money along the way through creative methods for his pains. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Three years forever. :lol:

It's brutal :lol: we've (allegedly) paid millions for him too when he'd have probably paid us to become our manager.

No way someone with half a brain would treat Bruce with such high regard. 

Edited by TaylorJ_01
added allegedly

4 hours ago, TBG said:

The lads will need us more than ever.

Gonna be there for the Leeds game decked out in the full kit unless the club now sell an officially licensed black and white morphsuit.

Support the team not the regime.

Have to guess and hope you're being ironic

59 minutes ago, TRon said:

Nothing Ashley does seems to make sense on the surface. We had the same thing with Pardew, an 8 year contract handed over under no duress whatsoever. £4m rolling compensation package for a supposedly 11th choice manager? Telling Rafa to buy Joelinton for £40m rather than spend that money himself? None of it makes any sense, but I would bet Ashley is making some money along the way through creative methods for his pains. 

This....you don't become a billionaire by accident or luck.  Loath him as much as anyone but despite his appearance, and massive ignorance there's a plan in there somewhere.

Maybe looking stupid is his game so competitors in his actual business underestimate him. Pity he's dealing with football folk who like money even more than him

The former Hull City boss also scoffed at suggestions he would be a mere 'puppet' for owner Mike Ashley, and claimed: “I’m not going to be anybody’s ‘yes’ man, I’m too long in the tooth for that. I’ve heard it said that I’m a puppet, but I’m not Mike Ashley’s bagman or anything else.

Also Steve, just last week. 

"We have gone above and beyond.

"Fair play to Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley because there was a time we didn't think we'd get there." 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I know he's thick skinned but the amount of stick Bruce will take over the next few months will be a massive issue to his health and he wont go because he wants his payoff (TBF I cant blame him for that)

I wouldn’t blame him either if he didn’t claim to be ‘one of us’ and make such a thing of caring about the club. 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

You can't blame him for sacrificing all class, dignity, self respect for a pay off? 

The guy is a multi millionaire many, many times over man. People need to stop looking at this in terms of "I wouldn't mind £4m in my bank account". For him it would be yet more money he's conned out of yet another club to throw on his big fucking pile of money. 

8 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

You can't blame him for sacrificing all class, dignity, self respect for a pay off? 

The guy is a multi millionaire many, many times over man. People need to stop looking at this in terms of "I wouldn't mind £4m in my bank account". For him it would be yet more money he's conned out of yet another club to throw on his big fucking pile of money. 

Realistically who wouldn't even on 'normal wages'. If you could stick around and be guaranteed at least a years salary if sacked for being rubbish...know I would, professional pride be damned...there's always another job

Don't think it's the money as to why he's staying. Think its just because he knows this is last chance at a canny sized PL club. Only way he manages in the PL again is if he gets jettisoned here, cons his way to another Championship club and gets them promoted. 

Just want those who continue to go make games as uncomfortable as possible for him. Probably wouldn't force the cunts upstairs' hands but as long as he stays this club is in serious danger of being relegated. Remove him and replace him with someone even semi-competent and the vast majority of the danger is removed too.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Don't think it's the money as to why he's staying. Think its just because he knows this is last chance at a canny sized PL club. Only way he manages in the PL again is if he gets jettisoned here, cons his way to another Championship club and gets them promoted. 

Just want those who continue to go make games as uncomfortable as possible for him. Probably wouldn't force the cunts upstairs' hands but as long as he stays this club is in serious danger of being relegated. Remove him and replace him with someone even semi-competent and the vast majority of the danger is removed too.

It's totally the money...he's not far off retirement age and clearly wants to feather the nest. Anyone outside of his media cheer leaders know he won't get another job after here....if he was as good as they tell us he is then he could walk into another top flight job. 

Just now, gjohnson said:

It's totally the money...he's not far off retirement age and clearly wants to feather the nest. Anyone outside of his media cheer leaders know he won't get another job after here....if he was as good as they tell us he is then he could walk into another top flight job. 

He's made millions from football, he'd probably get another Championship club or some punditry job after he leaves us. The money is just a little extra nicety for him. He just knows he'll never manage a club as big as Newcastle United again.