Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

:lol: he's the most repetitive man I think I've ever encountered. Take out your general common words (the, and, we, I etc.) and then nouns you'd expect to hear (Newcastle, football, club, players, match etc) and I reckon you could probably nail down about 50% of his key syntax across his time here. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can do it here below:

Walked through the door, not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure, dust ourselves down, roll up our sleeves, keep moving forwards, look, ticking over, get a few results, well you know, difficult, difficult, difficult, difficult, difficult, batten down the hatches, backsides kicked, difficult again, disrespect, mass hysteria, the kid's done OK, difficult again, when everyone's fit and healthy, what with COVID, supporters entitled to their opinion, not walking away, accumulation of points, difficult difficult.

Edited by Pilko

13 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

All hes doing is ruining his reputation by staying.

Who's gonna employ him after this?

He’ll get another cushy job somewhere else. They all do. 

18 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

All hes doing is ruining his reputation by staying.

Who's gonna employ him after this?

He's probably wanting to retire anyway. Just fleece as much money as he can from his boyhood club first. 

Just proves how much he cares about this club. I'd bet he's never supported this club. Always been a glory supporter. Bet he'll have his Manure box paid for by us when he does decide to call it a day

I mean why, when you've got 20 odd million in your bank account you don't want to enjoy it. The bloke has been steeling a living since he hung up his boots. 20 years of management and played under one of the best managers the premier league will ever see and he's fucking clueless. And we're stuck with him. 

I haven't got an ounce of respect for the bloke. Didn't like him before he got the job and now I despise the prick. Absolute cunt

51 minutes ago, Pilko said:

:lol: he's the most repetitive man I think I've ever encountered. Take out your general common words (the, and, we, I etc.) and then nouns you'd expect to hear (Newcastle, football, club, players, match etc) and I reckon you could probably nail down about 50% of his key syntax across his time here. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can do it here below:

Walked through the door, not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure, dust ourselves down, roll up our sleeves, keep moving forwards, look, ticking over, get a few results, well you know, difficult, difficult, difficult, difficult, difficult, batten down the hatches, backsides kicked, difficult again, disrespect, mass hysteria, the kid's done OK, difficult again, when everyone's fit and healthy, what with COVID, supporters entitled to their opinion, not walking away, accumulation of points, difficult difficult.

'Remarkable' has to be in there, he says it all the time.

Remarkable

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I'm hoping he's making a sly dig there, but I doubt it.

I doubt it and even if he is, tough shit. It’s hardly Rafaesque when he said ‘my job is to train and prepare the team’ or whatever it was repeatedly before turning up at his next match in a tracksuit to make a point. :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Talking about finding a balance, bragging about goals scored and bemoaning goals conceded, didn't he say at the beginning of the season that it was Jones' responsibility for attack and his for the defence? So basically he's saying Jones is doing his job right but Bruce isn't, classic.

There's no correlation between pressing intensity and results but it's telling that the teams you'd expect to be more passive (PPDA defines style and not a lot more tbh) are in our cluster. In fact our pressing intensity has always been around the 18 mark since he came in, it was 13 both seasons before he arrived. Negativity breeds negativity... expect that Leeds figure to surge tomorrow from their average as they had a PPDA of 4.21 and 5.31 against us last season. Meaning we have around 4, 5 passes of the ball before they make a defensive action like a press or tackle

pressing-PL.jpg

16 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Wish he would stop saying "look" at the start of every fucking sentence, the absolute twat hammer. Really boils my piss.

They should have got him and John Carver ("listen") to do those road safety adverts for kids. (The first part being we wish they'd both fucking "stop")

stoplooklisten.jpeg

I'm delighted for the young lads. It was a horrible night and the ball was swerving all over the place in atrocious conditions. It takes a little bit of time to settle. A few of them haven't played at this level. I thought the reaction was terrific after Reading equalized.

— Steve Bruce

Excuse of a man 

:lol: What a barrel of embarrassment he is. 

The comments about West Ham and Southampton are cringeworthy, the comment about scoring goals is pathetic and the line about keeping the club ticking along where it is - 19th in the PL - is that of a self-accepting patsy.

I’m honestly stunned his family haven’t told him he’s best off jacking it in. Either they enjoy seeing him suffer, they’re as greedy as he is or both.

Edited by WarrenBartonCentrePartin

6 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The comments about West Ham and Southampton are cringeworthy, the comment about scoring goals is pathetic and the line about keeping the club ticking along where it is - 19th in the PL - is that of a self-accepting patsy.

I’m honestly stunned his family haven’t told him he’s best off jacking it in. Either they enjoy seeing him suffer, they’re as greedy as he is or both.

They may dislike him more than us ? 

3 hours ago, Paully said:

"That's what it is. so I have to accept that results haven't been good enough.

So much to to pick from in that dose of verbal diarrhoea  but I've zoned in the above as really pissing me off.... it's the "so I have to accept" bit.  Fuckin' hell!   

You can picture him saying to himself "Everyone is saying results have been garbage so I've got to reluctantly go along with that."  It's as if its just our opinion that we're shite.   No steve, we are factually shite!   Google the word 'shite' and a picture of brucie's nufc appears.   Bawbag!!!

15 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

You really think they want him sat at home with them and writing more football novels that they'll have to proof read?

Never ever forget !!!

After Kevin Nolan netted a hat-trick to down the Black Cats, Newcastle played ‘Daydream Believer’ by the Monkees over the St James’ Park PA system. 

However, Newcastle supporters changed the lyrics to personally insult Bruce, something that he wasn’t too happy about. 

Sky Sports (via Goal) quote him as saying: ‘It is 71 days until the next derby at our place, not that we are counting. I hope we can repeat the same dosage when they come to our place. It was typical of that club’s etiquette.’

Bruce’s referral to Newcastle as ‘that club’ while also criticising their etiquette makes for very interesting reading over a decade down the line.

It sounds like he was genuinely furious after that humiliating defeat, and that anger led to him unveiling some personal feelings towards the Magpies

It’s funny how things work out.

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP