Jump to content

OFFICIAL: Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent


Bruce Out?  

440 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you satisfied with Steve Bruce's performance at the club?

    • Yes
      8
    • No
      372


Recommended Posts

He deserves any criticism he gets on the basis that he knew exactly what he was signing up for and didn't give a shit, still doesn't. 

 

To him it was/is only about personal gain and he's onto a winner:

 

Carry on being shit whilst not caring about the results/club/fans but still get paid = win for Bruce. 

 

Get sacked with a hefty windfall = win for Bruce. 

 

Slightly improve, keep us up (ha), accept the plaudits for doing so and continue getting paid = win for Bruce. 

 

Fuck him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilson said:

He deserves any criticism he gets on the basis that he knew exactly what he was signing up for and didn't give a shit, still doesn't. 

 

To him it was/is only about personal gain and he's onto a winner:

 

Carry on being shit whilst not caring about the results/club/fans but still get paid = win for Bruce. 

 

Get sacked with a hefty windfall = win for Bruce. 

 

Slightly improve, keep us up (ha), accept the plaudits for doing so and continue getting paid = win for Bruce. 

 

Fuck him. 

There's literally no scenario where Bruce loses barring him resigning without taking a pay off.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing which gets me about Bruce is, while it's obvious he's not going to resign because he wants to be paid up, you would think he would just sit tight and not get so wound up by criticism. Just take it on the chin and collect your pay check. 

 

Look at McLaren by contrast. He knew he was shit, but was just grateful to be getting paid for it. He would greet critics with a cheery smile and a chuckle. 

 

Bruce the serial loser doesn't just want the money, he demands respect for being rotten at his job as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypothetically would anyone respect him more if he actually did just walk away?

 

Unless I'm wrong the only manager to have ever walked from this job has been Keegan...and both fully justified. Know Gullit refused a payout but was still sacked rather than walking

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Dalglish got sacked.

For a job appalling done.

Maybe its just that he should have been sacked.

 

Wouldn't hurt Bruce's reputation to do so, as it is he's on course to be the most hated manager we've ever had, quite the legacy for the local lad to leave behind. Anybody with anything about them would care about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Janitor said:

Dalglish.


Yeah once he dismantled a great team and replaced them with his Liverpool pals for one last pay day.

 

He’s up there for me and maybe the fact that if he really was motivated to succeed he could have done better. He didn’t give a monkeys though.

 

McClaren, Bruce, Pardew, Allardyce, Souness.. they have two things in common, they are all shit and they all have massive egos.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To this day I have no idea WTF he was doing.

Expected to sign Colin Hendy and Tim Flowers, job done, even allowing for clearly not liking Ginola I expected him to be replaced by John Collins, not Des Hamilton.

The man who managed the near impossible when replacing Tomasson with someone almost as bad in Andersson. Like replacing Joelinton with Joelinton.

 

 

 

Edited by Wolfcastle

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Dalglish is an odd one because with Keegan's team he actually did quite well, only 2 defeats in the league from January when he came in. Then he dismantled it, class.

 

Daglish was a massive disapointment no doubt. He did lose the two top players in the space of nearly 24 hours and neither through his choice (Shearer injury and Ferdinand sale). Tomasson had also impressed preseason playing behind Shearer and was subsequently pushed forward to a role he was not suited to, due to Shearer's injury. No excuses on most of the players he brought in after that mind.

 

 

Edited by et tu brute

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Hypothetically would anyone respect him more if he actually did just walk away?

 

Unless I'm wrong the only manager to have ever walked from this job has been Keegan...and both fully justified. Know Gullit refused a payout but was still sacked rather than walking


Nah, it’s beyond that for me. He is an awful man.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like total Dalglish's failure is proof that we are cursed. The man had so much success (even his second mediocre Liverpool spell after years out he won a League Cup), came into a team that had finished 2nd and reunited with Shearer. Losing Ferdinand and Shearer at the same time though obviously a huge loss. As shit as he did I do wish he'd been given another season at least given the problems of 98. I'd love to hear more from him about wtf happened. Touched on a bit in Shearer Athletic interview.

 

Bruce is amongst lowest for me because it's about way more than his management, it's about him coming in the way he did and his relationship with the Ashley regime. Souness and all them were shit, but Souness wanted to succeed. Bruce wants to do this club down and be Ashley's snivelling shite.

 

 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Hypothetically would anyone respect him more if he actually did just walk away?

 

Unless I'm wrong the only manager to have ever walked from this job has been Keegan...and both fully justified. Know Gullit refused a payout but was still sacked rather than walking

 

I've wondered that (pointlessly) once or twice. I think I maybe could but it would depend under what circumstance. If he went away crying that he had an impossible job - woe is me style - then he could get absolutely fucked. He knew what he was walking into and has been backed far more than his predecessor in any case. However, if he walked having had some moral epiphany about the regime, and showed vague reflection about his role as an enabler, he'd probably earn an iota of respect from me. That is of course in the event I'd have time to form any conclusions whatsoever, on account of the violent amount of shock leaving me in a vegetative state. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He can have as much respect as he gives me, an nufc fan.

 

That'd be the sum total of fuck all and he deserves every bit of it.

 

Fat knacker doesn't have a leg to stand on. He could probably do infinitely better if he just didn't talk at all. Because he seems to make things worse and worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TRon said:

The thing which gets me about Bruce is, while it's obvious he's not going to resign because he wants to be paid up, you would think he would just sit tight and not get so wound up by criticism. Just take it on the chin and collect your pay check. 

 

Look at McLaren by contrast. He knew he was shit, but was just grateful to be getting paid for it. He would greet critics with a cheery smile and a chuckle. 

 

Bruce the serial loser doesn't just want the money, he demands respect for being rotten at his job as well. 

Because in his rat infested mind he thinks he's doing a good job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Hypothetically would anyone respect him more if he actually did just walk away?

 

Unless I'm wrong the only manager to have ever walked from this job has been Keegan...and both fully justified. Know Gullit refused a payout but was still sacked rather than walking

 

Jack Charlton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HUGZ changed the title to Steve Bruce - Peddled
  • Rich changed the title to OFFICIAL: Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...