Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

How is it a ridiculous expectation to expect him to have been sacked after they’ve spent the last four days telling the media he’s going to get sacked?

Maybe you can give a reasonable answer as to why keeping him in post is a good thing which outweighs the many negatives?

Who said it’s a good thing? It’s not going to make a blind bit of difference. Jones is a capable coach, but if he was able to impart anything that groundbreaking on the training ground you’d have hoped he’d have done so in the last year when I’m sure he’s already had a massive amount of input.

The fact of the matter is we already run with a skeleton amount of staff across the club. I’d guess coaching is no different. Once Bruce goes his minions are likely to follow which leaves who? Jones and Simon Smith as the only non-Bruce related coaches? I’m not even sure what state our youth set up is currently in given the turnover of staff there, so I wouldn’t want to guess how many we could call up to

help hold the fort. It’s going to take a few days to work that out.

I understand why people want him out the door asap but it doesn’t matter whether he’s sacked in a couple of hours or a couple of days. 

I'd assume every coach hired by the club has a contract with the club, and not Steve Bruce.

Are they afraid that his team will leave as well in solidarity if he is fired, or that Bruce will immediately get a new gig and bring them with him? :lol: :lol: 

I just can't fathom what the challenges are.

8 minutes ago, GWN said:

Keith Downey fully expecting him to go before Sunday 

Jim White fully expecting him in charge for Sunday 

ones wrong [emoji38]

I'm up for whoever's wrong quitting broadcasting forever tbh.  Let's get a bit of jeopardy involved.

3 minutes ago, christ said:

Who said it’s a good thing? It’s not going to make a blind bit of difference. Jones is a capable coach, but if he was able to impart anything that groundbreaking on the training ground you’d have hoped he’d have done so in the last year when I’m sure he’s already had a massive amount of input.

The fact of the matter is we already run with a skeleton amount of staff across the club. I’d guess coaching is no different. Once Bruce goes his minions are likely to follow which leaves who? Jones and Simon Smith as the only non-Bruce related coaches? I’m not even sure what state our youth set up is currently in given the turnover of staff there, so I wouldn’t want to guess how many we could call up to help hold the fort. It’s going to take a few days to work that out.

I understand why people want him out the door asap but it doesn’t matter whether he’s sacked in a couple of hours or a couple of days. 

I mean you can’t seriously think that’s true? Of course it makes a fucking difference. Bruce is a negative piece of shit at the best of times, his energy sapping bollocks being trudged around the club all week is not helpful at all.

We’re still in a relegation battle with a very winnable home game coming up. Every point is important and allowing this game to pass us by, is a mistake.

Jones may have been here for a year but there’s a massive difference between him having to maintain a relationship with Bruce and exerting himself fully on the team. 

Bruce’s minions only need to follow if we sack them too. Nothing would stop us sacking Bruce, putting Jones in temporary charge and everything remaining the same.

Regardless, Ben Dawson could be temporarily promoted again if we need to get rid of the two Steves.

I mean you can’t seriously think that’s true? Of course it makes a fucking difference. Bruce is a negative piece of shit at the best of times, his energy sapping bollocks being trudged around the club all week is not helpful at all.

We’re still in a relegation battle with a very winnable home game coming up. Every point is important and allowing this game to pass us by, is a mistake.

Jones may have been here for a year but there’s a massive difference between him having to maintain a relationship with Bruce and exerting himself fully on the team. 

Bruce’s minions only need to follow if we sack them too. Nothing would stop us sacking Bruce, putting Jones in temporary charge and everything remaining the same.

Regardless, Ben Dawson could be temporarily promoted again if we need to get rid of the two Steves.

Yes, because we still look dogshit even with Graeme Jones on the staff and by all accounts he’s basically been co-managing the team. 

Just now, christ said:

Yes, because we still look dogshit even with Graeme Jones on the staff and by all accounts he’s basically been co-managing the team. 

And what about the numerous examples of dogshit sides pulling off a result immediately after binning their manager when someone internally steps up who has been involved all along?

And what about the numerous examples of dogshit sides pulling off a result immediately after binning their manager when someone internally steps up who has been involved all along?

And what about all the examples of teams who bin off their manager and still lose their next game?

Chill out :lol:

Everyone is assuming Jones wants it, or he may be demanding a run of games rather than a one-off and the owners may not want that. Who knows?

As fun as it is to say no manager is better than Bruce, it's not really true insofar that the players need someone in place. By most accounts he's popular so for team morale purposes it may be the easier option.

He'll be gone as soon as they have a replacement. He won't ruin my buzz for the sake of a couple of weeks.

I'm just going to accept that he'll probably be here for the spuds game and might be pleasantly surprised if he's not. Not going to stress myself out about it. 

This time last week I was resigned to being stuck with Bruce till January and hoping the takeover would go through then, by which time he'd have us relegated anyway. So I'm just going to put my faith in the consortium and hope they get the best available 

I idly wonder if there's something to be said for just getting rid of him, and encouraging the players step up and take some responsibility for a match.

I don't know enough about Jones, or what he'd be like unencumbered from Bruce.

But I do remember the dark times right at the start under Hughton where it took some of the senior pros to come together, show some leadership and help him out.

You wonder who might have that kind of character in the current team, who might step up for Jones in a similar way.

39 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'd assume every coach hired by the club has a contract with the club, and not Steve Bruce.

Are they afraid that his team will leave as well in solidarity if he is fired, or that Bruce will immediately get a new gig and bring them with him? :lol: :lol: 

I just can't fathom what the challenges are.

That's why you're a fan and not CEO of the richest football club in the world. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

That's why you're a fan and not CEO of the richest football club in the world. 

Harsh. :lol:  I'd take many other reasons for why I'm not suited for that role, but to claim I'm unable to contact HR and ask them to initiate work to terminate a contract and sign the paperwork once it's done is a bit ott.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Harsh. :lol:  I'd take many other reasons for why I'm not suited for that role, but to claim I'm unable to contact HR and ask them to initiate work to terminate a contract and sign the paperwork once it's done is a bit ott.

For all you know that might already be underway. They don't have to provide a running commentary for every step they take. 

Look, should he be gone already? Probably but it's no sweat. I'm sure they have their reason why it isn't done yet.

It might sound daft but perhaps the first team coach being sacked in week one, wasn't on the top of their agenda. I mean, I've never spent 300m on a football club but I imagine there's a fair bit of paperwork and legal shit to sort out, never mind contracts, sponsorship, finance, commerce etc.

Edited by STM

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

For all you know that might already be underway. They don't have to provide a running commentary for every step they take. 

Never said they should, and also said I think it'll be done before spurs.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

What difference does that make if they’ve already made the decision to sack him? It’s been widely reported since the day they took over.

There’s not a single reason to still have him in post. There’s multiple reasons as to why it’s causing problems though.

I just think it might help the players transition. Some of them know their futures might be at risk, ripping the coaching setup from under them might be a bit much at the mo. We can't go in with just Graeme Jones in charge (assuming he wants it and that the Steve's would all fuck off).

If Wilson is back and fit, we can get a result regardless of Bruce.

But I'd personally prefer he was binned [emoji38]