Jump to content

OFFICIAL: Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent


Bruce Out?  

430 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you satisfied with Steve Bruce's performance at the club?

    • Yes
      8
    • No
      362


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 54 said:

No sign of Bruce in this clip of them at the training ground:

 

 

Amanda looks a bit like she's getting ready to belt out "IIIIIIIIIIIIII aaaaaaaaaaaaaammm iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiron maaaaaaaaan" there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Potentially speaks to the volumes of what Staveley and co. are bringing in terms of class/professionalism/planning in comparison to what we have been acclimatized to the past 14 years, if not far longer tbh. 

 

The old lot would have binned him off without a thank you or leave him hanging like t'other Schteevie. 

 

Gives me confidence this lot are going to leave no stone unturned in getting this right, acting with class, dignity and hopefully gaining respect as they go. 

 

We shall see. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Potentially speaks to the volumes of what Staveley and co. are bringing in terms of class/professionalism/planning in comparison to what we have been acclimatized to the past 14 years, if not far longer tbh. 

 

The old lot would have binned him off without a thank you or leave him hanging like t'other Schteevie. 

 

Gives me confidence this lot are going to leave no stone unturned in getting this right, acting with class, dignity and hopefully gaining respect as they go. 

 

We shall see. 

 

Oh definitely aye. Yes everyone expected Bruce to be booted out today but never happened. But we've had far worse time before.

 

Steve McClaren was sacked way later than he was supposed to. Pardew was never getting the chop as was Bruce of Ashley was here. So patience my brothers. The day is upon us.

 

 

Edited by nufcjb

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can easily imagine him trying his modest harmless amicablebit of a stuck in the mud salt of the earth routine trying to blag that 1000th game in those discussions.

His getting £8m really doesn't sit well but if he offered to renounce it in return for taking the game on balance I'd rather give him his ill-gotten games. So Bruce is worth £8m a game to keep away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't believe the 8 million for a second - maaaaaybe if it includes the entire staff?

 

Unless there was a poison pill about new ownership inserted I can't see how Ashley would let himself be on the hook for that, especially after Rafa.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thomas said:

Jokes aside, I 100% know it's going to happen, but I still can't shake this anxious feeling until it does.

 

PIF are going to give him a ten year contact bud. It's so obvious he's going nowhere and he's the perfect person for them to lead their vision.

 

Seriously, just chill. Of course he will be gone in due course. They've only had 1 day looking at the club. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hakka said:

 

PIF are going to give him a ten year contact bud. It's so obvious he's going nowhere and he's the perfect person for them to lead their vision.

 

Seriously, just chill. Of course he will be gone in due course. They've only had 1 day looking at the club. :lol:

No I mean there's no fear like that, it's more like the kid waiting for christmas. Like can barely sleep

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thomas said:

No I mean there's no fear like that, it's more like the kid waiting for christmas. Like can barely sleep

 

I'm relaxed. This take over has come out of nowhere, but I've waited 14 years for this moment that I can allow what unfolds since the takeover to happen at the pace which is natural and right.

 

But OK, I can see how eager you are for things to move along. I also am desperate to see how we change everything, from manager, to coaches, to academy, to facilitates and of course to players. I think we all accept the most of those can't change over night but in theory a Bruce could have been sacked at any point. I'm certain he's gone, I just think the new owners are being sensible and respectful simply taking time to do the full review of what they have purchased and where it's at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Not stressed at all, we have what we wanted , rid of Fat Mike.

 

Bruce goes soon , patience will be the key to everything at NUFC now

Exactly, it’s not possible to change 14 years of rot overnight. 
 

it’s important we all recognise this and afford the new owners both patience and benefit of the doubt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GWN said:

Not stressed at all, we have what we wanted , rid of Fat Mike.

 

Bruce goes soon , patience will be the key to everything at NUFC now

 

Agree. He will he gone by the Spurs game. I'd imagine he is just trying to squeeze every bit of compensation and that is the hold up. He will be on to his next pay off soon enough. 

The new owners have worked hard for years to push this deal through and judging by yesterday (and the communication from Amanda through the process) PR and relations with the fans are important to them. There is no way they will allow their grand entrance at the Spurs game to be sullied by the presence of Bruce. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HUGZ changed the title to Steve Bruce - Peddled
  • Rich changed the title to OFFICIAL: Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...