Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

So now Bruce has been present (or taking) training sessions for the past two days and today as well? :lol: Whereas previously, IIRC, he didn't do much pitch work? (and given the team too many days off).

Sounds like that fat bastard is doing his best to fool the hierarchy that he's so some of pro-active coach? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

So now Bruce has been present (or taking) training sessions for the past two days and today as well? :lol: Whereas previously, IIRC, he didn't do much pitch work? (and given the team too many days off).

Sounds like that fat bastard is doing his best to fool the hierarchy that he's so some of pro-active coach? :lol: 

Pictures and video I’ve seen he’s still on the sidelines 

If he doesn't go tomorrow we just need to accept he's here for the Spurs game.

I know it's very early doors and maybe they haven't got the chain of command and communication lines sorted yet (with PIF having the final say on all decisions) but the ownership group are coming across as indecisive.

Over the last 40 games he's overseen the record has been abysmal. Jones as caretaker couldn't be any worse than Bruce. It's so obvious there is only one decision to make.

I'm not saying they need to rush a permanent replacement in because that is a huge decision but replacing Bruce isn't. In fact, it's the most obvious and easy decision they'll ever have to make as owners and the fact they're yet to make it doesn't reflect well.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

If he doesn't go tomorrow we just need to accept he's here for the Spurs game.

I know it's very early doors and maybe they haven't got the chain of command and communication lines sorted yet (with PIF having the final say on all decisions) but the ownership group are coming across as indecisive.

Over the last 40 games he's overseen the record has been abysmal. Jones as caretaker couldn't be any worse than Bruce. It's so obvious there is only one decision to make.

I'm not saying they need to rush a permanent replacement in because that is a huge decision but replacing Bruce isn't. In fact, it's the most obvious and easy decision they'll ever have to make as owners and the fact they're yet to make it doesn't reflect well.

How are they coming over as indecisive ? Because some in the press said Bruce would be gone by Spurs ?

Just now, madras said:

How are they coming over as indecisive ? Because some in the press said Bruce would be gone by Spurs ?

Because they didn't need to become owners to know Bruce has underperformed for nearly the entirety of his reign and they know the atmosphere has been toxic because of him. Under Ashley we all said Bruce would've been sacked at any other PL club; that still applies under the new owners. It is a concern they haven't removed him yet even though it is very early days under their stewardship.

I'm delighted they're our owners and in time I'm sure they'll get us to where we all want to be. It doesn't mean we can't express concern at times though.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

Because they didn't need to become owners to know Bruce has underperformed for nearly the entirety of his reign and they know the atmosphere has been toxic because of him. Under Ashley we all said Bruce would've been sacked at any other PL club; that still applies under the new owners. It is a concern they haven't removed him yet even though it is very early days under their stewardship.

I'm delighted they're our owners and in time I'm sure they'll get us to where we all want to be. It doesn't mean we can't express concern at times though.

Or they think they are better off with him for the time being than his coaching team without him.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Or they think they are better off with him for the time being than his coaching team without him.

If they think that, is it not a worry in itself given he's won just 7 of the last 39 games?

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

It is a concern they haven't removed him yet even though it is very early days under their stewardship

It's only been a week man, I wouldn't be concerned at all.

The last thing they want to do is to sack him and end up like Spurs, trying to give the job to anyone who would take it.

It will happen when more ducks are in a row, I think everyone can agree, he doesn't fit with the new owners. Just a matter of time.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

If they think that is it not a worry in itself given he's won just 7 of the last 39 games?

Then they obviuosly think they have a better chance with him than without him. Its a coaching team that has much the same stat.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Then they obviuosly think they have a better chance with him than without him. Its a coaching team that has much the same stat.

I'm not sure Jones and Bruce share the same football principles. I think if Jones was in charge we'd see a much more aggressive and progressive game plan.

We'll just have to see if tomorrow brings any developments but the fact he's not gone yet is a disappointment.

Jones' mistake at Luton was that they were too aggressive in his words, he went into every game trying to dominate it and came away battered. Their goal scoring record in the first third of the season was quite impressive but conceded far too many. By the end it wasn't working though before lockdown they had a decent spell if we're looking only at results.

I wouldn't be sure Luton would've stayed up if (Graeme) Jones stayed though instead of the (Nathan) Jones that replaced him

Edited by nbthree3

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I'm not sure Jones and Bruce share the same football principles. I think if Jones was in charge we'd see a much more aggressive and progressive game plan.

We'll just have to see if tomorrow brings any developments but the fact he's not gone yet is a disappointment.

For me it'll be a disappointment if we sack him without a plan for whats next and I have no idea beyond wishful thinking why you think we'd be more aggressive and progressive with Jones in charge. It's like you think anyone but Bruce is better and as much as we all want him gone, that may not be the case.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

For me it'll be a disappointment if we sack him without a plan for whats next and I have no idea beyond wishful thinking why you think we'd be more aggressive and progressive with Jones in charge. It's like you think anyone but Bruce is better and as much as we all want him gone, that may not be the case.

I just think back to Everton away last year and Southampton at home (until Hendrick got sent off).

They were Jones' first two games and we pressed aggressively, passed with purpose and attacked in numbers. Everton away was our best performance under Bruce by some distance imo.

Admittedly that set up went to pot when Wilson got injured but I definitely think it's the way to go. Miggy looked like a different player in that set up. It allowed Lewis to play LB and bomb forward.

I agree I want them to have a plan in place and to take their time in sourcing the permanent replacement. I just feel Jones instead of Bruce is risk free as its near on impossible to do worse than Bruce has been doing.

People need to chill. This is a long term project. If Bruce is in charge still for Spurs, it might be because they’re looking for a new DOF, to bring in who he wants. Getting rid of Bruce and leaving the rest of the coaching staff demoralised while we wait for a new DOF and then head coach, probably isn’t the best way to go about things.

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I just think back to Everton away last year and Southampton at home (until Hendrick got sent off).

They were Jones' first two games and we pressed aggressively, passed with purpose and attacked in numbers. Everton away was our best performance under Bruce by some distance imo.

Admittedly that set up went to pot when Wilson got injured but I definitely think it's the way to go. Miggy looked like a different player in that set up. It allowed Lewis to play LB and bomb forward.

I agree I want them to have a plan in place and to take their time in sourcing the permanent replacement. I just feel Jones instead of Bruce is risk free as its near on impossible to do worse than Bruce has been doing.

And thats why I think he's a coach. Backfired at Luton and Bruce has had some successes (Villa and my Sheff wed mate only hates him for the way he left, but improved them). i'd be panicing if they said it was till the end of the season but they have't been in a week, the players have always seemed to like him so it's game at a time and at the minute it might be 1 game. I'm not going to lose my shit over that.

38 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Press day's Friday. If that's scheduled, assume he's staying. Tomorrow's key because Friday needs to be cancelled for Bruce to go I'm thinking. Why so press as usual if you're gone within a day?

Pretty sure club isn’t allowed to cancel the pre game press conference, someone has to take it.