Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

It's like framing your 100% attendance certificate at school for someone like Bruce. He really has nothing else to boast about and looking at his record it's pretty hard to argue that him getting to 1,000 games isn't a massive achievement like. 

Edited by kisearch

3 minutes ago, kisearch said:

It's like framing your 100% attendance certificate at school for someone like Bruce. He really has nothing else to boast about and looking at his record it's pretty hard to argue that him getting to 1,000 games isn't a massive achievement like. 

Stealing a living for a thousand games is a monumental achievement indeed. 

1 minute ago, Chicane said:

Not sure how I feel about our owners harnessing the opinions of journos and former players when making big decisions like

Let's just hope they didn't ask Edwards I guess

I would be fully against it especially Shearer.

Yeah it's pointless asking his best mate if he should be sacked or not. No matter how shit my best mate was at his job*, I'm unlikely to ever recommend his employer fire him. :lol:

(*Unless he was something like a pilot or a neurosurgeon!)

10 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Not sure how I feel about our owners harnessing the opinions of journos and former players when making big decisions like

Let's just hope they didn't ask Edwards I guess

Anything's got to be better than being subject to the spiteful whims of a bitter man-child with no clue about the game, surely? 

This fat fucking waster has shown nothing but contempt to the fans since he waddled through the door. Lies, untruths, bitterness and topped off with dogshit football that we apparently ought to be grateful for.

New owners or not, he'll be getting the dogs abuse he deserves from me on Sunday.

Just now, Rich said:

Anything's got to be better than being subject to the spiteful whims of a bitter man-child with no clue about the game, surely? 

It’s fine asking them stuff to get a feel for the club and fans, but they shouldn’t be asking them their opinion on sacking a manger 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s fine asking them stuff to get a feel for the club and fans, but they shouldn’t be asking them their opinion on sacking a manger 

Surely the latter is a massive part of the former? As in, "would it be better to do it now or to wait? What would the reaction be?"

I honestly think they have looked at finishing him but because the club has been ran into the ground on a skeleton crew, if they sack him and the Steves there is nobody left other than Jones and if he goes down with Covid what do they do.

Bruce like Homer Simpson is currently employed because of default.

3 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Christ reading this is eye AIDS.

If he’s here for Sunday he’s here, it’s not going to affect our long-term future. They’ve obviously been caught on the hop, give them some time to get sorted out.

exactly. Just imagine everything that needs looking at and assessing. From our non existent social media team to The Gallowgate pidgeon, in the middle of all that they have to find a new D.O.F.

4 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

If he’s here for Sunday he’s here, it’s not going to affect our long-term future. 

Probably not, but it sure as hell isn't an indication that gives any confidence that they will make timely, important decisions in the future.

Yeah the sale happend quickly in a sense, but they've been planning the acquisition and monitoring the club for at least 2 years, Stavely for 4. They know how Bruce has performed, they know what the fans think of him, they still have Charnley and an HR department available to sort the administrative/formalities to get him out.

Just now, nufcjmc said:

If he stays on Sunday and we lose and come end of the season go down by 3 points or goal difference I am not sure "just one more game" will have sounded so great. 

If we are keeping him because we have no one lined up then he could be here beyond Sunday