Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

3 hours ago, Decky said:

This is the best analysis I’ve heard yet from the media about Bruce. Shearer won’t be texting Wright back for a few days. Melissa was bang on aswell. 

That's great stuff. Thanks for the share. 

Interim manager seems the way unless they really pull a shock Conte level rabbit out of the hat. 

1 hour ago, GWN said:

look at most new owners of the big clubs , rarely do they know anything,they buy the help.

Yes but look at our infrastructure. We're light years behind Burnley.

All I'm saying is that they are not concerned about losing to Spurs, because they've looked at the business and the facts don't lie. Truth is, we could beat them, and getting rid of Bruce would make that more likely. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Sir John Hall admitted he knew nothing about football when he first invested. He hit the jackpot when Keegan came on board. Will be the same for Consortium. Find the right Management structure, support them and let them do the work !

Precisely what I'm comparing to. Hall was a businessman but his first decision was an emotional one. We're unlikely to strike it lucky with a manager who can lift the place like Keegan did, but getting rid of Bruce could have a similar impact. But longer short term, does it leave us in a better position to beat Palace, arguably the more important fixture, next week? Probably not.

Edited by Happinesstan

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Not keen on an interim manager personally. 

could end up with him having a purple patch and being lumbered with someone who is subpar ala man utd with ogs 

Aye, that is also if we settle for someone a bit shit and I don't think we will. If they weren't limited they would be the long term manager of choice. If they are just interim the board will be ruthless should the person they want become available.

Outside of Conte or Rafa I don't know who would be a long term manager on that list of linked names. Rodgers maybe. The rest all seem like transitional at best. To be fair to Conte he isn't generally a long term manager either.

Having a Rangnick or Favre come in for a year or two to get us in a place for a successor makes sense to me.  Just no Martinez, Lampard or Gerrard please.

Guest reefatoon

Hope’s article is spot on. Feel the consortium have made a bit of a gaff in not removing Bruce straight away. They are new to this though, so it will happen, but there is no room for sentiment. Bruce is a dark cloud, he’s poison and hated by the fans. He isn’t part of any plans, there is no need for him to be there. He shouldn’t have been at the training ground, we could have easily done it with what is there, Jones could have covered the Spurs game. But instead he has been allowed to hang around and it has changed the rhetoric this week slightly, where it’s been about him and it shouldn’t have been at all. He definitely shouldn’t be doing any press conferences or be there on Sunday, it’s pointless and pouring negativity where it didn’t need to be, but they are a little stuck now as they have let him be there all week. It’s just been a bit of a distraction that could have easily been rectified on what has been a glorious week leading to what will be an unbelievable day.

Guest reefatoon

Bloody hell, just popped sky sports news on while having my brekkie and had to switch it straight off. Bunch of nobody’s talking about how bad Bruce has been treated, how good a manager he is and how good a man he is, and shit you not they were talking about how he lost his parents. Absolutely unbelievable shit being spouted. He really does manage to have these people swallowing his utter tripe. Fuming now, and his shit press conference is not going to help my mood.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Bloody hell, just popped sky sports news on while having my brekkie and had to switch it straight off. Bunch of nobody’s talking about how bad Bruce has been treated, how good a manager he is and how good a man he is, and shit you not they were talking about how he lost his parents. Absolutely unbelievable shit being spouted. He really does manage to have these people swallowing his utter tripe. Fuming now, and his shit press conference is not going to help my mood.

Get him gone man.

You just know the crowd will cheer us on to beat Spurs and he’ll Lord it all over us and his media buddies will be shouting “See! See! Give him a chance!!!! He’s a Na amazing manager. Give him £500m to spend and he’ll have you mid table. Great bloke!”

3 hours ago, Ben said:

IIf Bruce announces today that Sunday is his last game, would people actively support him and give him a good send off ?

TBF under the current circumstances and the way I think about the future  I think I would, in a sort of ding dong the witch is dead way.

Fucking NO 

The despicable fucker has reeked the place out with his prehistoric soundbites, demoralising spirit, hope & belief & knew full well what he was doing, he's a fat fucking stooge who has less pride in himself than a dung beetle. fuck him & fuck any well wishes 

Sorry but hes a pure cunt 

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

I totally tuned out when Rafa went as loads of others did. What's Bruce done to be almost universally hated by the fans? Is it just the football, which I'm sure most expected to be atrocious from the start, or has he done or said some Pardew-like things as well? 

5 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I totally tuned out when Rafa went as loads of others did. What's Bruce done to be almost universally hated by the fans? Is it just the football, which I'm sure most expected to be atrocious from the start, or has he done or said some Pardew-like things as well? 

The constant putting down of the club ? His support of Ashley ? His constant criticism and blaming the fans ?

5 minutes ago, kisearch said:

He's baited us and treated us with contempt from day one. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, kisearch said:

1. Shit football

2. Keeps talking about it taking time... 2 years in.

3. Getting his media mates to stick up for him.

4. Attacking the media who rightly question him.

5. Attacking fans.

6. Attacking Rafa.

7. Not quitting, despite the fans wanting him gone.

8. Pretending to be a Newcastle fan despite admitting to supporting Manchester United.

9. Treating Matty Longstaff like crap.

10 Hunting out "the mole".

11. Signing Jeff Hendrick.

22 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Get him gone man.

You just know the crowd will cheer us on to beat Spurs and he’ll Lord it all over us and his media buddies will be shouting “See! See! Give him a chance!!!! He’s a Na amazing manager. Give him £500m to spend and he’ll have you mid table. Great bloke!”

Eurgh. That bolded just sent my mind in to overdrive. :lol:

Could just imagine the new DOF somehow managing to snatch Messi for his final years, Mbappe on a free and trigger Haaland's release clause before Bruce barely scrapes top ten with them and we'd probably hear how 'they're not his players'.

I’m actually prepared to accept that he’s a decent guy.  A lot of people genuinely seem to like him and he does seem quite affable. But what cannot be argued is that he is a shit football manager and horribly out of his depth in the PL. Pundits refuse to separate experience from ability and personality from managerial record and it is fucking infuriating because the facts are readily available and don’t lie.

If Bruce was a renowned total wanker of a person but had some managerial talent, he’d get an easier ride. 

A nice guy wouldn't throw his players under the bus to excuse himself, or bait the fans, or hold a grudge against his predecessor. He's a petty, whiny man child, who'd do just about anything to save his own skin. Asking the lads how the family are doesn't make him a nice chap.

Edited by The Prophet

He’s not a nice guy, you don’t treat clubs the way he has over the years if you’re a decent man, see Rafa, Sir Bobby, now they are/were good men. He’s in it for himself and himself only. 

He's shown enough times that he's not a nice guy, from being slumlord, to consistently rival-hopping, to binning off a club that bent over backwards to accommodate him at the first sign of a slightly better situation, to goading the fans of the club he claims to 'support' for two straight years.

Being good craic over a beer or a bacon sarnie for the right people doesn't make you a nice bloke. It always seems to be a select type of person with direct experience of him that claim this nice bloke stuff. Strangely, they all tally up as being people within football in some form or other, who conveniently can do his bidding when he starts getting flak from the fans.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

He's shown enough times that he's not a nice guy, from being slumlord, to consistently rival-hopping, to binning off a club that bent over backwards to accommodate him at the first sign of a slightly better situation, to goading the fans of the club he claims to 'support' for two straight years.

Being good craic over a beer or a bacon sarnie for the right people doesn't make you a nice bloke. It always seems to be a select type of person with direct experience of him that claim this nice bloke stuff. Strangely, they all tally up as being people within football in some form or other, who conveniently can do his bidding when he starts getting flak from the fans.

Agreed, in press conferences he has shown himself to be a petty wanker.