Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

So if it’s true, £5.6m isn’t enough for him. Greedy, selfish bastard. Another great thing to thank Ashley for, a 3 year rolling deal ffs. 

Can anyone explain in simpleton terms what this means/how the contract works? Normally when I hear "rolling contract" I associate that with easier and cheaper to terminate.

I know the Athletic put out an article back in July which apparently gives some clarity on it, but at that time I didn't really care if he was here for another season or 10 as long as Ashley owned us so didn't really pay attention to what was said on here. 

Just now, Conjo said:

Can anyone explain in simpleton terms what this means/how the contract works? Normally when I hear "rolling contract" I associate that with easier and cheaper to terminate.

I know the Athletic put out an article back in July which apparently gives some clarity on it, but at that time I didn't really care if he was here for another season or 10 as long as Ashley owned us so didn't really pay attention to what was said on here. 

I’m assuming because it’s a rolling 3 year contract the minimum term is always 3 years hence the large payout. 

Generally rolling contracts would be 1 months notice. 

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This would make all the sense in the world, as to why there appears to be such a lack of clarity over things. Ashley has stitched them up proper to ensure Bruce gets a bunch of money off them.

Terrifyingly, this also lets us know that there was absolutely no chance Bruce would have ever been sacked under Ashley had he remained, as it looks like the pay off is massive.

I've changed my mind again. I know we need the points, but I hope if Bruce is still here that Spurs show us up big time and he gets pelted all game. He's a disgrace.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It sounds like after each year the contract resets to three years, and so essentially, it can never be run down. It's a never ending contract.

Basically Ashley hired Bruce to be here forever, until he managed to sell the club and then Bruce would be rewarded with a full payoff due to the contract never running down.

43 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

When you talk about a nice guy, this is where you differentiate between those who have some principles and those who just want to put on a public facade of someone decent. Ruud Gullitt would normally be considered arrogant, but he had enough self respect to walk away without any compensation when he was sacked. - and that was when there was probably a lot less money around in the game. 

Bruce despite being a millionaire several times over, is hanging on for every penny, and screwing his "local club" in the process. The fat cunt. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Also fairly criminal for Bruce to sign up to it and saddle the club with infinite Bruce debt. 

Not that I’m saying I wouldn’t. 

But you're not already a millionaire. He is.

If he had any self respect he'd have walked when we lost to Sheffield United, or when we lost to Leeds - a run of 11 games without a win. Or he'd walk now -  8 games into the season and no wins. At least Gullit walked. 

This guy is simply a total cunt. 

Proper Toon fan though apparently...

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

At the end of the day £8m is nothing now, as much as I want Bruce to suffer I don’t see why they would quibble at 70% v 100%. 

I actually respect them for not just handing it over to the fat mess.

They're looking at the position the club is in at the bottom of the table and  how much the fans and players dislike him and are thinking 'why should we just give this idiot £8 million?!'. It's absolutely disgusting really.

Edited by KaKa

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

When you talk about a nice guy, this is where you differentiate between those who have some principles and those who just want to put on a public facade of someone decent. Ruud Gullitt would normally be considered arrogant, but he had enough self respect to walk away without any compensation when he was sacked. - and that was when there was probably a lot less money around in the game. 

Bruce despite being a millionaire several times over, is hanging on for every penny, and screwing his "local club" in the process. The fat cunt. 

Bacon though lol lovely man

The awkward hiring of Graeme Jones and him essentially looking like the new manager is also beginning to make more sense now.

I think it was the best way they could manage bringing someone new in, without getting rid of Bruce because they couldn't, even though at that point they probably knew they had to, as he was taking us down.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I actually respect them for not just handing it over to the fat mess.

They're looking at the position the club is in at the bottom of the table and  how much the fans and players dislike him and are thinking 'why should we just give this idiot £8 million?!'. It's absolutely disgusting really.

Aye, plus they are businessmen/women we may have a lot of cash but they will not want to waste a single penny! They will strategically calculate all costs and to be honest as a club that’s exactly what we need.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The awkward hiring of Graeme Jones and him essentially looking like the new manager is also beginning to make more sense now.

I think it was the best way they could manage bringing someone new in, without getting rid of Bruce because they couldn't, even though at that point they probably knew they had to, as he was taking us down.

Yep, sadly it only really worked because Willock became Superman for 3 months 

If true this cements for me why he is worse than Pardew.

We knew what Pardew was from day one, he owned it and didn’t surprise us at any point. He made me want my team to lose but he at least got the message and fucked off when he had the chance

Bruce on the other hand is only here because ‘he is one of us’. He knew what he was walking into, knew what the fans felt about the owner and knew that better people had tried and failed to change the situation.

He isn’t a fan, he never was a fan and is now holding the club he ‘loved since he was a boy’ to ransom. I’m sick of hearing about his dad and I’m sick of him having a go at the fan base. A true fan would never have come near this shit show, he’s now proved he isn’t a fan by not leaving when he has the chance.

He shouldn’t be anywhere near Sunday and he shouldn’t even be allowed to talk about ‘his’ club once he finally leaves.

_Iij5So_SkYyl2fkfk7g0XpxV7RoCA_nKRLlwPqg

6 minutes ago, mofo said:

Aye, plus they are businessmen/women we may have a lot of cash but they will not want to waste a single penny! They will strategically calculate all costs and to be honest as a club that’s exactly what we need.

Yes, absolutely. I imagine we were all set to sack Bruce and then word of the large payoff got back to PIF and they were like 'Hell No!'.

I imagine they have been looking into if there are any ways to bring that number down, unless it is absolutely necessary as there is no way out of it.