Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

You’d think if we lose to Villa he’ll have to go. I don’t think the compensation figure was ever an issue, it’ll be about 2 million.

The problem is, what was he 13th choice? All those candidates who said no before, they’re hardly going to step in now. The only ones who would take a job like that would be the same level as Bruce, a Sherwood or someone equally dismal. Nobody that could save us, so it’ll be Graeme Jones, and he’s already here..

I absolutely believe the fucktard was the 1st choice, that really is how stupid the fuckers running us are. 1st fucking choice  :lol: :lol:

He wasn't - Viera, Arteta and Fat Sam have all publicly said they were approached first.

I simply stubbornly and seemingly wrongly refuse to concede, the idiots running us wanted him I'm convinced of it, top of their list.

My hate for him refuses to accept you're correct.

A reminder of what Cabbage Heed was saying before our last game against Villa.

Steve Bruce limbered up for Saturday night’s Premier League game at Aston Villa by claiming he has equalled Rafael Benítez’s achievements on Tyneside. “Rafa was a world-class manager,” the Newcastle manager said. “But we matched the mighty Rafa last year.”  Benítez’s successor is under intense pressure after nine games without a win, and so could not resist an opportunity to remind the critics that his record is almost identical to that of the much-adored Spaniard. “Rafa, who I have obviously heard a lot about, where did he finish?” said Bruce, who led Newcastle to 13th place in the top tier last season, the same position achieved by his predecessor in 2018-19. “We’ll try to keep edging towards where I want to take us, which is the top 10. At this particular moment we’re on a bad run and we’re four or five points off it.” . . . A week ago Bruce told his players “the gloves are off” and “we’ll do it my way from now on”, but on Friday he proved more emollient, suggesting “my way” involved “playing 20 or 30 yards higher up the pitch” and he would alternate between his preferred back four and the back three favoured by Benítez. . . .

“I’ve managed nearly 500 Premier League games so it’s no fluke I’m still here,” said Bruce. “I’ve the equipment to handle whatever comes my way. I’m quietly confident we’ll stay up. We did it quite comfortably last year so we know this group of players are capable. We’ve had a difficult spell but a lot of that’s been to do with illness and injury over the last six weeks.  “We’ve had it particularly tough – and if you’re on a tough run you have to put up with the criticism. It’s a demanding league but the one thing you must do is keep that little bit of dignity and do the best you can to get yourself through it.”

But, but, but he’s a ‘great bloke’  :lol: :lol:

He’s an absolute bellend and I genuinely hope we meet him in the future so our fans can let him know what we think of him but I think this might be his last job especially when he gets his £4m pay off FFS!

He certainly doesn’t need the money - a quick look on Google has his net worth between £25m and £35m! He won’t have earned mega money as a player so virtually all down to being an absolutely woeful manager!

This whopper is still confident that we won’t be in a scrap come the final day. He’s not wrong tbf, we’ll be down before then at the current rate.

Also still trotting out the utter bullsh*t that we’ve only lost to Man Utd and Chelsea in our last 6 and also won 2 of those games. :lol:

I'm with Bimpy on this and believe he was first choice. When they talk of others being approached it is just rumour. Fat Sam said he was not approached by the club but his agent asked him if he might be interested if it was offered but he said that he wouldn't

Yep. Think the 11th choice was just some bizarre reverse PR. No doubt in my mind he was top of a shortlist of no more than three. The boat was properly pushed out to get this creep away from Wednesday and on board.

He might not have been ‘first choice’ as such. Club may have wanted someone better, but someone better wasn’t going to come and be told ‘we’re spending £80m this summer, half of that is going to buy Joelinton, he’s your number 9. Now if you can just sign here’.

When that’s what’s being sold to a new Head Coach, you quickly get down to the likes of Bruce.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7255977/Newcastle-confirm-Steve-Bruce-clubs-new-manager-three-year-deal.html

https://www.90min.com/posts/6414557-the-10-names-on-newcastle-s-shortlist-before-appointing-steve-bruce-as-new-manager

“According to the reports, the ten names Newcastle approached before Bruce were: Jose Mourinho, Mikel Arteta, Patrick Vieira, Roberto Martinez, Sean Dyche, Sam Allardyce, Garry Monk, Chris Hughton, Eddie Howe and Mark Hughes.”

My heart dropped when I saw that. Hardly news that there's going to be a presser but the bloke just makes me feel like shit. :lol: Horrible little reminder that we've a new batch of inevitably rancid quotes and attitude to come. Just worried as fuck about the club atm.

My heart dropped when I saw that. Hardly news that there's going to be a presser but the bloke just makes me feel like shit. :lol: Horrible little reminder that we've a new batch of inevitably rancid quotes and attitude to come. Just worried as fuck about the club atm.

We have the worst owner in the league, the worst manager, and our best 3 players are injured. What's there to worry about?

Seriously though agree with everything you've said. I can't now even bring myself to see his face on TV let alone listen to him talk with the shit and lies that come out of his fat ugly face and don't even get me started on that pathetic accent.

Not a word I use lightly but I do actually hate the bloke. I despise him.

He might not have been ‘first choice’ as such. Club may have wanted someone better, but someone better wasn’t going to come and be told ‘we’re spending £80m this summer, half of that is going to buy Joelinton, he’s your number 9. Now if you can just sign here’.

When that’s what’s being sold to a new Head Coach, you quickly get down to the likes of Bruce.

Bruce rubbing his hands together at the prospect of a £40 million striker. Probably thought all his ducks were lined up to be honest.

Klopp can talk eloquently about Liverpools previous and next 10 games and you can tell there are plans in place for those games, Bruce hasn't even worked out what points would be enough, its like this is his first day back at work since Sunday.