Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

:bruce:"Stop calling me fat, you can see from this picture I've got skinny arms and a trim torso. Yes I've got a fat head and it's a bit red for shuwah...but don't we all??"

57 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Just four inspiring article headlines I saw this morning from Bruce:

"Forward planning is tough"

"The players are running on empty"

"Players can't wait for a break"

"We can still match last season.."

Excuse after excuse and an insult to fans intelligence. This is our manager and leader of our club.

How the hell is this fraud even a manager never mind a manger for 20 plus years. Unbelievable ! 

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

His lack of attention to detail is really fucking annoying. He always exaggerates and comes across as details don't matter. Which then cvery clearly shows in how poorly we're managed.

Aye but have you noticed how that lack of attention to detail is ALWAYS in his fucking favour?

'Well, y'know, we've been a few games without a win'. Aye Steve, about 8.

'Well, y'know, wuv been missing wor big players all season long' Aye Steve but you'd fucking dropped ASM before his injury.

Every single fucking time.

Fans back in St James, Bruce and the Steve's in the Technical area & Mike, Lee and Barnsey in the directors box after a summer of selling our better players with Bruce telling us we have no money due to Covid. I cannot wait :banana:

The Arsenal defeat was very telling. Although the previous games were tactically poor, we at least saw a form of effort and commitment from the players. In that game, there wasn't a shred of either. That's in the DNA of Mike Ashley's NUFC.

If you preach safety is the aim and the only aim season after season, it becomes engrained. So when the team goes nine points clear of the relegation zone with four games left, they mentally down tools, intentional or not. Bruce can make all of the excuses he wants, but the performance whiffed of 'job done, onto next season'.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Arsenal defeat was very telling. Although the previous games were tactically poor, we at least saw a form of effort and commitment from the players. In that game, there wasn't a shred of either. That's in the DNA of Mike Ashley's NUFC.

If you preach safety is the aim and the only aim season after season, it becomes engrained. So when the team goes nine points clear of the relegation zone with four games left, they mentally down tools, intentional or not. Bruce can make all of the excuses he wants, but the performance whiffed of 'job done, onto next season'.

I'm not sure we did mentally down tools, it might just have been our usual supplication to the Big Six. Steve is a big believer in honouring the great clubs of this land ( which of course don't include us) so he may well just have convinced the team to accept a modest defeat before the kick off. 

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Just four inspiring article headlines I saw this morning from Bruce:

"Forward planning is tough"

"The players are running on empty"

"Players can't wait for a break"

"We can still match last season.."

Excuse after excuse and an insult to fans intelligence. This is our manager and leader of our club.

It isn't so much his utter loser mentality as its his utter blissful satisfaction to wollow in the lazy cop-out of being a loser that narks.

Just getting paid millions in his self-professed dream job.

Bare minimum manager at the bare minimum club.

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, Robster said:

"Players can't wait for a break" :spit:

That’s funny, because so do the supporters...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/do-not-expect-a-spending-spree-this-summer-says-newcastle-united-manager-steve-bruce-pl6nvsdrr

“Of course every club will be the same, they will be looking at Bosmans [free transfers], which are always attractive for obvious reasons,” the 60-year-old said.

“I have to say to everybody, I can’t see there being swathes of money anywhere in the Premier League. The discussions I’ve had with other managers, the Covid situation has left the football world losing millions. I can’t see a load of money being spent this summer.

I mean given the roaring success of recent 'Bosmans' such as Mark Gillespie, Andy Carroll and Jeff Hendrick, why wouldn't you want to tap into that rich vein of free talent?

19 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

The discussions I’ve had with other managers,

a) I very much doubt any other pl managers are taking calls from this pathetic knacker.  and b) if they did, he would exhaust all his football chat in 2 mins. Bet he doesn't even like soccer. 

24 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I mean given the roaring success of recent 'Bosmans' such as Mark Gillespie, Andy Carroll and Jeff Hendrick, why wouldn't you want to tap into that rich vein of free talent?

Play that mother and her kids he's evicting as a back three next season. She'll need the cash, so I'm sure they'll come cheap.

11 hours ago, TRon said:

I'm not sure we did mentally down tools, it might just have been our usual supplication to the Big Six. Steve is a big believer in honouring the great clubs of this land ( which of course don't include us) so he may well just have convinced the team to accept a modest defeat before the kick off. 

Against the better teams in the league (if you can actually really class Arsenal as one), you cannot have your two central midfielders basically sitting right in front of your central defence, as that just invites wave upon wave of pressure and makes it very difficult to exert any forward movement and momentum. This was noticeably demonstrated by St Max time and time again coming deep into his own half to try and receive the ball. The warning signs were there against a ten men West Ham, who dominated the second half until the arrival of Willock.

It’s blatantly obvious the central midfield of Shelvey (especially) and Longstaff are too slow with not enough forward movement to make any positive impact on a game. Football has changed so much in the last two years never mind five or ten, however we have a dinosaur and totally inadequate manager, who is unable to see obvious problems with the personnel and set up of the team. I still can’t believe we are sitting 9 points clear with 4 games to go. He is lucky we have two players in St Max and Wilson who are better than players within the teams below us, and have been able to make some point winning contributions with the ability they have. 

We are and always will be under Ashley a club struggling to keep afloat before we eventually fail and disappear down the plug hole.

9 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/do-not-expect-a-spending-spree-this-summer-says-newcastle-united-manager-steve-bruce-pl6nvsdrr

“Of course every club will be the same, they will be looking at Bosmans [free transfers], which are always attractive for obvious reasons,” the 60-year-old said.

“I have to say to everybody, I can’t see there being swathes of money anywhere in the Premier League. The discussions I’ve had with other managers, the Covid situation has left the football world losing millions. I can’t see a load of money being spent this summer.

Which in turn brings the price of ALL players down. Let's not forget that. It really isn't an excuse. Just means that the midfielder we* wanted for £25m is now probably worth £15m.

*obviously not NUFC, that would be £3m

Losing lots of games isn't the same as inconsistency though Steve. Sheff United have been fairly consistent this season.

Wish he'd remember that the reason we were "inconsistent" against the likes of Sheff United was how he set the team up. 

41 minutes ago, Paully said:

So do we - YOU! You useless bellend!

Someone should photoshop his arm pointing either towards himself or an image of Ashley.

Edited by Robster

52 minutes ago, Robster said:

bruce.png

Someone should photoshop his arm pointing either towards himself or an image of Ashley.

Terrible attempt

Edited by imChris
added text

Ok serious question time....

What is it Bruce has that has enabled him to take charge of 900 games over his career? 

Was he good enough at some point and just been left behind? Do a few promotions to the Premiership blind owners?