Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

13 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

His thick cunt son and many in the media have completely forgotten the various soundbites in which Bruce has had a go at the fans for merely being football fans. Just from the top of my head from this season,

Saying in the written press section of a press conference before we played Burnley at home 'ah, so all of a sudden we have to think we're Liverpool do we?' after being asked what he thought about us having 3 shots on target in our first 3 games of the season.

Calling the fans who were critical of the team's performances 'keyboard warriors' despite the Internet being the only way fans can talk about their team in the midst of a global pandemic.

Calling criticism 'histrionics' before we played Man City away just after we were knocked out of the League Cup at the quarter final stage by a Championship side who had made many changes to their team on the night.

Calling criticism during a run which would turn out to be 2 wins in 21 games 'mass hysteria'.

He's a total cunt and renders it basically impossible to give him any credit for our run after the Brighton away defeat. He can fuck off.

Absolutely spot on plus the pathetic "mighty Rafa" comment - him and his son are utter bellends

4 hours ago, HTT II said:

Give Rafa that kind of money and this season we’d be up there with West Ham IMO, then he’d get sacked for qualifying for the Europa League...

Said exactly that when out watching it on Sunday that we'd be where West Ham were!

The club don’t want it do they? Takes someone who’ll fight for better and they’re more than happy with sycophantic, grateful chumps from yesteryear who’s main motivations, like Ashley, are to feather the nest and apparently feel superior/one up on we - the little people. 

Toon toon.

Edited by Darth Crooks

It's done enough to convince the casuals that Bruce has done a fantastic job. Seen few recommending him as manager of the year for keeping us up when everything looked lost (because of him getting us there to begin with). And the attack from Alex Bruce on Hope is just defending against the antagonistic Mail in their minds 

What an embarrassment Bruce is to this club. His son is always going to be seen as the mouthpiece, saying the stuff his dad can't say publicly. But fuck me, he should tell the daft sod to shut up, it's always going to come back on him anyway. Just fucking pathetic. 

This club is really just not good for your health under Ashley. Stooge managers lacking even a smidge of humility and integrity and constantly on the defensive telling the fans to eat humble pie because a few games were won, regardless of the season being 90% dog shit, an entire media (save for the odd journalist with a bit of common sense and perspective) that tells us to stop moaning and be grateful for what we have, fans of other clubs constantly telling us we're deluded for wanting our club to try to be a bit better (Leicester never happened looks like) and on top of all that, a good percentage of our OWN FANBASE licking up the projectile spewed from the manager, seemingly unaware or too thick to notice the depth of the decline. At a certain point (reached pretty much the moment Rafa walked away for many and before for some), there's just no sense in involving yourself and being emotionally invested at all until the ownership changes. Not news I know but the realization dawns at different times and on different days sometimes. I've reached the point where his every statement upticks my blood pressure.

Bruce is his own worst enemy. I've said it before but the man is incapable of learning from his mistakes. 20 years in management and he's still coming out with the same cliched nonsense, the same defensive tripe, the same rhetoric that is never challenged and only amplified by media, and when it is challenged, he just cries and whines about being attacked like a big fat baby. After a largely dreadful season, saved only by individual performances that brought a smattering of eye-catching results but to those who watch every week, no obvious design, plan or strategy, Bruce could have had someone knock up a decent statement about wanting to improve next season, to build, something to at least give a semblance of indication that deep down he knows it's not been great. It wouldn't have convinced everyone but it would have been something out of the ordinary, a recognition we can and should do better. How surprising he didn't bother and instead came out with more insulting rubbish. Another kick in the bollocks for the fans. Never known a supposedly professional man be so oblivious to his own failings, so thick and condescending. Has nobody in 20 years that he'd listen to, ever told him to change his fucking pathetic tune? 

It's all very sad when you boil it down. Myself and many I grew up with (many many on here as well i'm sure) have been going to games since the 70's in some cases. Weekends made or ruined by the scoreline, magical memories made throughout the Keegan playing and management eras, the Bobby era etc. This current shambolic era just isn't worth it to your health bottom line. I've tried not to care about results, tried to wish relegation on us so Ashley would go. It's exhausting and terrible. WE ALL KNOW WHAT THIS CLUB IS CAPABLE OF WHEN RUN PROPERLY AND WE DON'T NEED OUR THICK AS PIG-SHIT MANAGER AND OUR FUCKING AWFUL AGENDA-DRIVEN MEDIA TELLING US OUR PLACE.

Sorry for the caps, this has boiled up within me a bit this morning. When i'm pissed off, brevity isn't my strong suit. Started out a short post on the effect on personal health and it evolved a bit :lol:

tl:dr - Bruce, his son, the media at large and a percentage of our own fan base are cunts and if it gets to this point, which it has for me, it's all just not worth the toll on your physical and emotional well-being.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

Retro Bruce c*ntery

Just seen Bruce score a penalty in a shoot-out against us at the Ibrox tournament in 94 pre-season. Small gathering of Man United fans in the lower tier just to the right of the goal. Larger gathering of Newcastle fans in the top tier. Wor Brucie decides to make a gesture to the Newcastle fans and not even acknowledge his own.

Perhaps the first recorded incident of Bruce being faced with the chance to take the high road or be a c**t and taking the c**t option with aplomb.

Tried to post it to no avail, if anyone's got a copy of it, may be worth checking out, fetching up for us.

12 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Retro Bruce c*ntery

Just seen Bruce score a penalty in a shoot-out against us at the Ibrox tournament in 94 pre-season. Small gathering of Man United fans in the lower tier just to the right of the goal. Larger gathering of Newcastle fans in the top tier. Wor Brucie decides to make a gesture to the Newcastle fans and not even acknowledge his own.

Perhaps the first recorded incident of Bruce being faced with the chance to take the high road or be a c**t and taking the c**t option with aplomb.

Tried to post it to no avail, if anyone's got a copy of it, may be worth checking out, fetching up for us.

It's on Youtube. At least he's consistent in this cuntery.

When he had a massive tantrum that our PA guy played Daydream Believer after we beat Sunderland and said he'd lined up a song to be played if they beat us in the reverse fixture (which of course didn't happen) did we ever find out what the song was? 

5 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

When he had a massive tantrum that our PA guy played Daydream Believer after we beat Sunderland and said he'd lined up a song to be played if they beat us in the reverse fixture (which of course didn't happen) did we ever find out what the song was? 

Was "Who Let The Dogs Out?", different interpretations of why that was:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/steve-bruces-song.569441/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-manager-steve-bruce-wants-3335713

Guest neesy111
11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Am I right in thinking this is the last year of his contract?

No, next season is his last.

Edited by neesy111

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Cheers, that's what I meant, bit phrased it badly. 

I wonder if he'll be ushered out the door and Jones given the gig.

Going by Ashley/Charnley form, his contract will expire and he'll just not hear from them again....will spend the whole summer waiting by the phone till Sky announces that Alan Curbishley has accepted the Newcastle role

I'd say he's more than happy to play a bit part role behind the scenes and then take the credit for others work, like he's doing now.

I don't really have a massive problem with that, Alex Ferguson (I'm not directly comparing them before anyone starts) was a delegator, they went through several different evolutions in play depending on who was his assistant manager. Nobody ever really questioned his input, so what I mean by that is, it's not an unheard of situation to be the figurehead of a setup where others are doing the donkey work.

Even Rafa suffered a bit when Cathro left.

I guess what am trying to say is that I can live with Bruce for another season if there's going to be a takeover at some stage as it'll be Jones doing the work for the most part.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I'd say he's more than happy to play a bit part role behind the scenes and then take the credit for others work, like he's doing now.

I don't really have a massive problem with that, Alex Ferguson (I'm not directly comparing them before anyone starts) was a delegator, they went through several different evolutions in play depending on who was his assistant manager. Nobody ever really questioned his input, so what I mean by that is, it's not an unheard of situation to be the figurehead of a setup where others are doing the donkey work.

I guess what am trying to say is that I can live with Bruce for another season if there's going to be a takeover at some stage as it'll be Jones doing the work for the most part.

Ferguson had some really good coaches which did most of the leg work, but none of them turned out to be consistently great managers.

39 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Is cathro being considered for the managers job at wolves? Always thought he would go on to greater things

17 minutes ago, buzza said:

Is cathro being considered for the managers job at wolves? Always thought he would go on to greater things

Not sure, I think he jumped too soon. He was in a prime spot to learn from one of the best but he did what he thought he had to and it hasn't really worked out for whatever reason.